Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Jewelry Making and Beading For Dummies Paperback – April 29, 2013
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Pre-order today
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
- Master wire wrapping, knotting, and bead stringing
- Set up the necessities of a jewelry maker's workshop
- Upcycle found objects for new creations
- Make easy-to-follow projects
DVD features watch-and-learn episodes to make learning easy
Please see appendix for details and complete system requirements IN FULL COLOR!
Create unique jewelry to wear with everything from jeans to that little black dress
Want to make your own handcrafted jewelry and gifts? This easy-to-follow guide, with accompanying DVD, gives you lots of hands-on instruction and projects for making simple, fashionable jewelry and working with beads. From wire wrapping and knotting to metal stamping and polishing, you'll get all the skills you need to make necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings, pins, keychains, and more!
- Jewelry Making and Beading 101 get an intro to the tools and supplies you need, what to buy now and what to buy later, and how to set up your workspace
- The ropes (and threads and cords) master many jewelry-making techniques, like stringing and knotting, working with wire, and metal stamping
- Get craftin' tackle projects with step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and photos to create fun, funky, and high-end jewelry pieces
- Take it to the next level find ideas for hosting a jewelry-making party, making jewelry with kids, and more
Open the book and find:
- Illustrated instructions for making 70 projects
- How to combine other crafts with jewelry making
- Cool jewelry projects for men
- Ways to breathe new life into scraps and vintage pieces
- Advice on turning your hobby into a business
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Resources for materials, supplies, and more
- A DVD featuring watch-and-learn instructional episodes
About the Author
Heather H. Dismore has been making unique jewelry pieces using simple materials, found objects, and everyday items for more than 20 years. Find her online at heatherdismore.com or connect with her on Twitter (@heatherdismore) and Pinterest (heatherdismore).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There's a lot about setting up a studio, as if a Dummies book reader is planning to go into massive production immediately. This may be useful later, or it may not--I'm interested in several crafts types, and so my studio space is shared among projects of different types. Nor do I have any intention of making jewelry for sale anytime soon.
The book may be useful in the long run, but I would have preferred a series of projects to teach techniques, proceeding in steps with skill building.