Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 26, 2013
So far so good. I bought these to replace some original 250mah rated ones in the same size with the hopes of extending the operating time of some solar lights. They have met my expectations so far and I thought the price was reasonable for lithiums.

There's some poor reviews on these and maybe I just got a good set, but I think the issue that disappoints people with solar lights is that they need a long day of full sun to maximize run time. The batteries aren't magic and if you don't have enough light to charge them fully, you'll get limited use. For some solar lights with very small solar cells, even with full sun, you may not have enough charge output to take advantage of the higher capacity battery. If you have your lights in a shady area, you probably won't get the run time you hope for. You need full Southern exposure for the best results. If you don't have that, solar lights may not be for your regardless of the batteries. I think that is why there are mixed reviews on these.

In my experience with these, I have gained some run time on nice sunny days, but not so much when it's cloudy or overcast. The particular lights I'm using have a solar cell about twice the size of many you see. At least in theory, the larger the cell, the more it's charging capacity. But keep in mind, the charge rate on all of these is very very small.

I think these are decent batteries but they may not cure your issues. The size of the solar cell and the amount of sun the installation gets is key to how well solar lights work.
10 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on July 8, 2016
For the price of these batteries and there reliability I would say look elsewhere. I purchased my first set a couple weeks ago and 1 of the 2 batteries did not work. I asked for a replacement battery and they insisted I send both batteries back, which I did and received a refund. I placed another order and received two more batteries and upon installation both worked. Now a week later 1 of the 2 batteries has stopped functioning and at this point have decided to just call it a loss.

It seems that you only receive 50% of what you purchase and so I give this product a 2 star review. For the price and what you receive it plain and simply isn't worth it.
2 people found this helpful
on December 1, 2016
Purchased for some new path lights I bought at a local "salvage" store. I did not know - when I bought the lights - that they took special size batteries!
ANY WAY, These batteries fit my solar path lights . they are 2/3 the size of regular AA batteries!
Seem to hold a good long charge.
Would order again!
One person found this helpful
on July 16, 2016
I have been searching for weeks for this type of battery, finally I found it here, The price is a bit steep but since it is the one I needed for my backyard lighting I went ahead and ordered them. My item arrived quickly and upon arrival I placed them in my solar lights and they immediately lit up, They have continued working for several days now with no issues, so far I am happy with my purchase.
on May 10, 2018
Batteries are fine - but the two outdoor solar table lamps stopped working, even with these new batteries. Contacted Jiawei but they refused to get back to me
on March 28, 2016
Works as advertised. My solar pathway lights are up and running again. A bit on the pricy side though, so minus one star. Hopefully they last more than a year.
One person found this helpful
on September 2, 2016
Perfect fit for our outdoor solar lights, and is much cheaper than buying them at Home Depot or Lowes. Just make sure you select the right battery serial number so they fit correctly for your lights. Will be buying again!
on October 7, 2017
CHARG UP WELL, LAST WELL WITH MY AT&T WALK AROUND PHONES. FIT WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
on May 9, 2017
Put the first one into the solar light, let it charge for two days....stopped working. Put the second one in, it's been working for the last three days. And the shipping was delayed on top of that.
on December 2, 2016
This item took over 2 weeks to receive. Way too long. Also on the batteries they show a higher voltage of power than the originals but the lights are not as bright as the original lower rated batteries. I do not recommend buying these batteries.