Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Get RIPPED with America's Toughest Trainer! Jillian Michaels new DVD Ripped in 30 is a comprehensive 30-day diet and exercise plan designed to get you in the best shape of your life! Ripped in 30 is comprised of four 24-minute workouts based on Jillian's best-selling body shredding 3-2-1 interval system: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. Each incredible routine has fresh, fun new moves that progress in difficulty over a four-week period (a new workout each week). You'll start with workout level 1 and advance to workout level 4. Jillian also shows modified moves for both beginners and advanced athletes in each workout. All you have to do to get sick, insane, crazy, amazing results fast is stick with the Ripped in 30 diet and exercise program for 30 days. Get ready to get RIPPED!
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I started with the Beginner Shred and followed it every day for 30 days. It was rough. I couldn't do a single push-up and felt defeated and sluggish for about 3 weeks as I worked up my muscle strength. I also didn't see any weight loss during that time because I was building muscle mass, which would eventually help me to be more efficient at burning fat. But for the first three weeks, it basically sucked.
After enduring the first month, I graduated myself to the 30 Day Shred and stuck with that one for about 60 days (working out 5-6 times a week) until I could do all the advance moves. I really started to see the pounds drop, and was so excited to be feeling actually strong and energetic! I determined that i would not quit working out once I made my weight loss goals; this was the new Me.
Finally, I moved on to Ripped in 30, and now several months later, I still go back to this one again and again (just adding heavier weights if it's not challenging enough). Such a hard, well-balanced workout with great variety. I love the 3-2-1 system and feel like the cardio intervals really make this workout more effective than others out there I've tried. I also really appreciate Jillian's motivational voice: a great balance of both kicking my ass and encouragement to stay the course.
One year exactly from the beginning of this journey, I am 30 pounds lighter, feeling stronger and more energetic than I even did in high school (I was never a very athletic person, so this is major), and I can take on anything my kids can dish out without feeling wiped out at the end of the day. I shed the body fat slowly but steadily - roughly 1-1.5 pounds/week for 6-8 months. And because it's been in conjunction with healthy eating habits and no quick tricks, it has STAYED OFF.
My workouts now rotate between Ripped in 30, Yoga Inferno (also highly recommend), and Jillian's Shred it with Weights using a 20 pound kettlebell. I also work in a 2-3 mile run maybe once a week, and I'm amazed at how JM's workouts have made that activity almost enjoyable from the dreaded activity I hated most in my youth. I work out now 4-5 days a week and it's a non-negotiable part of my morning weekday routine. I can't say enough about this program!!!
1) The workouts are *slightly* longer than 30 Day Shred, I think because the warm-up and stretching parts are a little longer and more involved.
2) LOTS of new moves are incorporated here! You'll see some familiar exercises, such as side lunges and lunges w/ bicep curls, but Jillian did try to throw in some new stuff that is still very effective. She also claims that she doesn't repeat ANY moves in any of the other levels. I've only gotten through level 1 so far, but I'll take her word for that.
3) In the strength circuits, there are 3 different moves per circuit as opposed to just 2. I personally appreciated this because it allows for more variation, plus in the past I have had trouble doing 1 strength move for a full minute and now you do each strength move for 30 seconds. Very nice!
4) I felt like towards the end of circuit 3, things began to cool down a bit - for example, Jillian finishes the final abs circuit with crunches and reverse crunches, which aren't the most difficult ab moves. In her previous videos she pushes you hard throughout the end, which some people may prefer, but for people like me who have been craving a bit of a cool-down without sacrificing extra time, this is beneficial.
5) I like Jillian's assistants in this video. Some of you might be familiar with Basheera, who I originally liked a lot in 6 Week 6-Pack. Basheera is Jillian's advanced assistant once again, and I could tell even in level 1 she was getting winded and very tired. Fortunately she did not CHEAT, like Jillian's other advanced assistant in 30-Day Shred.
7) Jillian takes a lot of time and care in instructing form, which is crucial. In the strength circuits, some of the moves are conducted more slowly, but this is not to make it easier - it is to help you concentrate on form! The slower pace gave me more time to sink down lower and really concentrate on what I was doing. I felt in some of Jillian's other workouts, they would fly through some of the strength moves and I would be struggling to keep up and would instead exercise with poor form. This is NOT the case with this newest video!
6) The music is much, much better!
Ripped in 30 is by far my favorite Jillian Michaels workout video. I will continue to do it every other day and will throw 6W6P and the Shred in the mix as well. This is a very tough workout but it is enjoyable and goes by quickly. Totally recommend to ANYONE, whether you are beginner, intermediate, advanced, young or old, looking to lose weight or looking to stay in shape. You will NOT regret it!
*PS* - I have now lost 30+ lbs. using various Jillian Michaels workouts, 6 of those being lost after I started Ripped in 30, which I got just over a week ago! I am also much stronger, much more flexible, and no longer have pain from a wrist injury I sustained a couple of years ago. Really, if I can achieve all that, I'm sure anyone else out there can.
I had to buy it for myself. It's been between 2 and 3 weeks; I'm seeing results once again. 25 minute sessions a day, and Ive only been doing 3 days a week!
Her secret is the 3 part circuit routine. The method is HIIT- high intensity interval training. The best and fasted way to loose weight!!!! But this!!!
A litttle warm up, 20 minute workout, a little cool down. Advanced and simplified women do the routines with her. Jillian is SO motivating and pushes you... through the TV