Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,437 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,679 reviews
on June 4, 2016
I never leave reviews. I'm a 32 year old mom of five kids (born very close together), so for a decade, exercise was the last thing on my mind. I had 20 pounds of excess weight and absolutely zero muscle strength. I had no motivation and was basically resigning myself to becoming a portly middle-aged woman with little energy and massive cravings. My dad was recently diagnosed diabetic and my grandmother has breast cancer and terrible arthritis, and it just dawned on me one day that if I didn't start taking care of my body, it would deteriorate. (Obviously, cancer doesn't play favorites - my point is just that disease and sickness generally tend to follow people with unhealthy lifestyles). So I got a fit friend of mine to hold me accountable to exercising and eating right and she pointed me to Jillian.

I started with the Beginner Shred and followed it every day for 30 days. It was rough. I couldn't do a single push-up and felt defeated and sluggish for about 3 weeks as I worked up my muscle strength. I also didn't see any weight loss during that time because I was building muscle mass, which would eventually help me to be more efficient at burning fat. But for the first three weeks, it basically sucked.

After enduring the first month, I graduated myself to the 30 Day Shred and stuck with that one for about 60 days (working out 5-6 times a week) until I could do all the advance moves. I really started to see the pounds drop, and was so excited to be feeling actually strong and energetic! I determined that i would not quit working out once I made my weight loss goals; this was the new Me.

Finally, I moved on to Ripped in 30, and now several months later, I still go back to this one again and again (just adding heavier weights if it's not challenging enough). Such a hard, well-balanced workout with great variety. I love the 3-2-1 system and feel like the cardio intervals really make this workout more effective than others out there I've tried. I also really appreciate Jillian's motivational voice: a great balance of both kicking my ass and encouragement to stay the course.

One year exactly from the beginning of this journey, I am 30 pounds lighter, feeling stronger and more energetic than I even did in high school (I was never a very athletic person, so this is major), and I can take on anything my kids can dish out without feeling wiped out at the end of the day. I shed the body fat slowly but steadily - roughly 1-1.5 pounds/week for 6-8 months. And because it's been in conjunction with healthy eating habits and no quick tricks, it has STAYED OFF.

My workouts now rotate between Ripped in 30, Yoga Inferno (also highly recommend), and Jillian's Shred it with Weights using a 20 pound kettlebell. I also work in a 2-3 mile run maybe once a week, and I'm amazed at how JM's workouts have made that activity almost enjoyable from the dreaded activity I hated most in my youth. I work out now 4-5 days a week and it's a non-negotiable part of my morning weekday routine. I can't say enough about this program!!!
11 comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2011
I absolutely love-love-LOVE this workout! It seems to me that Jillian took a lot of feedback she received in regards to her other workouts, specifically 30 Day Shred, and used the praise/criticism to create this incredibly effective workout. There are several changes she made that I really liked:

1) The workouts are *slightly* longer than 30 Day Shred, I think because the warm-up and stretching parts are a little longer and more involved.
2) LOTS of new moves are incorporated here! You'll see some familiar exercises, such as side lunges and lunges w/ bicep curls, but Jillian did try to throw in some new stuff that is still very effective. She also claims that she doesn't repeat ANY moves in any of the other levels. I've only gotten through level 1 so far, but I'll take her word for that.
3) In the strength circuits, there are 3 different moves per circuit as opposed to just 2. I personally appreciated this because it allows for more variation, plus in the past I have had trouble doing 1 strength move for a full minute and now you do each strength move for 30 seconds. Very nice!
4) I felt like towards the end of circuit 3, things began to cool down a bit - for example, Jillian finishes the final abs circuit with crunches and reverse crunches, which aren't the most difficult ab moves. In her previous videos she pushes you hard throughout the end, which some people may prefer, but for people like me who have been craving a bit of a cool-down without sacrificing extra time, this is beneficial.
5) I like Jillian's assistants in this video. Some of you might be familiar with Basheera, who I originally liked a lot in 6 Week 6-Pack. Basheera is Jillian's advanced assistant once again, and I could tell even in level 1 she was getting winded and very tired. Fortunately she did not CHEAT, like Jillian's other advanced assistant in 30-Day Shred.
7) Jillian takes a lot of time and care in instructing form, which is crucial. In the strength circuits, some of the moves are conducted more slowly, but this is not to make it easier - it is to help you concentrate on form! The slower pace gave me more time to sink down lower and really concentrate on what I was doing. I felt in some of Jillian's other workouts, they would fly through some of the strength moves and I would be struggling to keep up and would instead exercise with poor form. This is NOT the case with this newest video!
6) The music is much, much better!

Ripped in 30 is by far my favorite Jillian Michaels workout video. I will continue to do it every other day and will throw 6W6P and the Shred in the mix as well. This is a very tough workout but it is enjoyable and goes by quickly. Totally recommend to ANYONE, whether you are beginner, intermediate, advanced, young or old, looking to lose weight or looking to stay in shape. You will NOT regret it!

*PS* - I have now lost 30+ lbs. using various Jillian Michaels workouts, 6 of those being lost after I started Ripped in 30, which I got just over a week ago! I am also much stronger, much more flexible, and no longer have pain from a wrist injury I sustained a couple of years ago. Really, if I can achieve all that, I'm sure anyone else out there can.
4646 comments| 1,576 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2016
I like JM but like Beginner Shred better. She's too militant in this one. Workout is ok...
on January 13, 2017
I love Jillian workouts! Quick but super effective. Works your entire body in just 20-30 mins a day. It's easy to see and feel a difference in just one week.
on August 30, 2016
I am a huge Jillian fan and have almost all her DVDs. I was so excited to buy this one but after doing it for the first time, I was really disappointed. I feel she works too much of the same muscle in each circuit and by the time I got to the last move, I wasn't able to do it. Keep in mind, I workout 6 days a week. The way she talks in this one is different than all her other DVDs too, I don't think she's very motivating, unlike in her others.
on May 25, 2016
That 4th week....uhhhhh. That is were I had to stop. I got through the first 3 and I was okay. Something about week 4, I just could not go one. It was hard. I did 30 Day Shred before this. I definitely feel like this was much more advance than 30 Day Shred. I think if you can make it through all levels, go for.
on October 3, 2014
I just finished this workout and I loved it, and I'm loving the results. The reason I gave 4 stars was because the skill level jump from level 1 to level 2 is ridiculous. Level 1 doesn't really prepare you at all for level 2. Luckily I had already doneJillian's 30 Day Shred so I had muscle built up enough to make that jump, but if you're looking for a program to start on your fitness journey, start with another one then come to this one. It's hard but so worth it!

I'm small (short, and in the middle of my weight range) and I lost several pounds, 1" off my waist, 1" off my hips, .5" off my thighs, .4" from my calves, and .5" of my arms. And that's not mentioning the toning and sculpting.

I didn't follow the program quite how Jillian suggests with the 6 days on, rest day, 6 days on, etc. I did each workout 7-9 times, working out 5-6 times a week. I think this helped me make sure I did the moves in proper form, and my muscles got more from each workout by spend a few extra days on them.

If you've already got some muscle mass then I highly recommend this workout!
on January 25, 2014
I consider myself to be pretty athletic and figured I could follow along easily with this video and maybe get some new ideas for exercises to shake up my routine a little. Boy, was I wrong! This video is a challenge. I haven't yet made it to week 4. But I absolutely love it. Most of Jillian's exercises are ones I haven't seen before, or are variations on exercises that I do. Such as jumping lunges- I can do lunges just fine, but throw that jump in there and I'm dying. This has been a great motivator for me and has made my workouts much more interesting.

You get a lot of options with this DVD. Each workout has a "beginner" version and an "advanced" version. If I'm feeling particularly spunky, sometimes I'll do the advanced version of Week 3, followed by the beginner version of Week 1, or some other such combination. I recommend having multiple sets of hand weights. For some exercises, I use 6-lb dumbbells, and for others, I struggle with the 3-pound dumbbells, depending on which muscle group is being worked.

This DVD is a lot of fun. If you're not already in pretty good shape, I'd recommend buying the 30 Day Shred by Jillian to begin with. To me, Ripped In 30 seems to pick up where 30 Day Shred left off. 30 Day Shred is a great DVD too and will build up your strength and endurance to tackle Ripped in 30.
on August 19, 2011
I have PCOS. I wrote a very positive review for the 30 day shred. Basicly this is a drug for my health issues. Jillians other dvd The 30 day shred stimulates ovulation/cycles for me. So I tried Ripped in 30. Sure enough only a few days after startin Ripped in 30 with 5 lb wieghts, I ovulated. Simply amazing! This has such a positive effect on my insulin levels, my PCOS, my insulin resistance, IT just PLAIN WORKS! I also felt a boosted mood right away. I have lost around 13.5 inches give or take and I have only done the dvd 6 times! My husband is taking pictures for me so I can see results. The fat is disappearing from my love handles and my belly. I havent lost much weight either (because Im not trying right now, but if I was, I am sure it would help the weight loss) I have scoured the Ripped in 30 and 30 day shred reviews, and basicly what these Dvds do is you actually can get smaller than you have ever been in your life, even if you weigh 6 or 7 lbs heavier than you were normally at that size! My smallest size from a few years before I got married was a 14, so I am hoping for a size 12!!! I am a size 18 right now... The benfits are wonderful, and only 35 minutes a day!!
on August 26, 2012
I cannot say enough about this workout DVD!! I set out to lose 15lbs using this DVD after having used 30 day shred off and on. I purchased this workout knowing I like Jillian's style. I counted calories using my lose it app and did this workout for the 30 days!! AMAZING!!! I couldn't believe the transformation my body went through. I'm 5'4 and started at 140. I lost 15 lbs in ten weeks while doing this workout faithfully!! I've always been athletic and active, didn't have a bunch to lose, but WOW, I gained muscle definition in my abbs like never before, my arms are absolutely ripped!! I lost inches in places I never thought possible. I constantly get compliments on my arms! I feel stronger than ever before and am just thrilled with the results!! These workouts are only 20-30 minutes long and very intense! I love that I can get a great workout in, in just a short amount of time!! You will not be sorry if you purchase this DVD! I do 30day shred, ripped in 30, no more trouble zones, and many other Jillian workouts. I like all of them, but this one is a favorite!!