Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jillian Michaels Ultimate 12.5 lb. Adjustable Speed Dumbbells
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on December 17, 2010
I work out at home, & was tired of having a line of weights in my living room. This weight set is space saving, easy to use, & the perfect weight range for women. The price is also much less than other adjustable weight sets I looked at. I am very pleased with this product!
on January 21, 2011
This is a great set for the price, you get 2.5 lb (handle only), 5 lb, 7.5 lb, 10 lb, and 12.5 lb options all in one space saving well made package. The system for switching the weights is easy just a locking pin that shifts from one weight to the other with none of the cumbersome open end switching of older dumbbell sets. The cradle that holds each weight is slotted and keeps the whole set locked in place during storage. For the money you just aren't going to find a better dumbbell set. I would have liked a booklet on proper muscle movement during lifting and a few recommended exercises but all that information is easily found online or through a trainer. The pins feel sturdy when you are doing the actual lifting, they rattle a little but are securely locked in place for safe exercising.
on May 22, 2011
I purchased The Bowflex 552 AND 1090 adustable dumbbells so I have things to compare this to. i have also used the very uncomfortble and goofy looking power block (which I do not like). I needesd lighter dumbbells to bring to my clients homes (people who don't need to use DB's over 25 lbs). In comparison the Jillian Michaels Db's are not nearly as good as the adjustable Bowflex. The DB often gets stuck when pulling it out unless pulled out perfectly straight, they neglected to put a spacer between each weight to avoid this, & it get very annoying after a while. Often another plate will roll or fall off the platform if you're not careful. It's just poorly designed. There is no locking mechanism to stop you from picking up the weight if a different weight is accidently selected on either end of the dumbbell (not a huge deal but just no insight went towards that). The worst part is there is no permanent locking mechanism to hold the weights in place once off the rack. You can easily pull the plug out or catch it on something and the weight will drop right off the dumbbell. In all honestly I certainly doubt this may happen in most instances, however, there was no insight at all for this safety feature; & (as a trainer and someone involved in weight lifting) one thing you don't mess around with is safety. The Bowflex Db's are seriously the most sold, long lasting, dumbells out there & they take safety into consideration. I can see how people give these a good rating if they are looking for a good way to consdense and save space. Adjustable Db's are very convenient and great to use. However, if you haven't anything to compare with you may not know the difference. I think Jillian just found another way to make a quick buck...
on July 14, 2011
After looking at tons of different styles of weights I decided on these because of their versatility. They go up to 12.5 pounds and can be stored in a small space in their own little rack. I don't have much room, so this is a major plus for me! I've been using them about a month now and absolutely love them. Even my husband uses them some! They made him want to start working out too! Great quality! And they are great for using with Jillian's videos too.
on February 19, 2011
I have the heavier adjustable hand weights from BowFlex - but they are just too heavy (and they were the lighter of the 2 sets offered) when you take out some of the weight - it was not always balanced feeling. these are PERFECT... If you take out some weight - they are balanced. Just love them!!!
on January 18, 2011
I have Jillian's adjustable PowerBall (Kelllebell) and love it because it really saves space and allows me a full range of weights, just right for a woman. So once I saw Amazon put these on sale at 50% OFF I jumped on it! I love having just the right amount of weights for me, without having a pile of exercise gear laying around.
on September 28, 2011
Unfortunately when the product arrived one of the adjustable pins was broken, making the dumbbell completely unusable. I had to return the set. I had noticed another review that mentioned that the pin broke later, but did not pay it much attention. I should have - product looks good but unfortunately is more fragile that what you expect a dumbbell to be. I guess this dumbbell validates the saying - 'you are only as strong as your weakest link'. Now I feel dumb for getting it...
on October 14, 2011
I keep these weights in the back of my car and after I run with my boys, I let them play at the park while I lift my weights. I love these weights. I love the adjustable weight limit on them. They're wonderful. I'd order them again in a heartbeat.
on June 5, 2011
Simple to use, and perfect weight. Was looking for something small and portable that I can use in my office when I get a break. Didn't want anything too bulky. The dial a weight works well. The tray that holds the weight is made of plastic.
on April 9, 2012
I recently (about a month ago) started an interval training program that required changing between exercises and using varying levels of weight. I do 30-second intervals and it is never a problem switching the weight levels during rest periods. You just lift up the little plunger and move it to the weight level you want to use, then grab the weights and go! The only thing I will mention is that when using the 10-lb setting, I have to be careful not to pick them up too fast or it makes the final plate jump out of the weight holder. At no point do the plates ever feel like they are going to slide off the weights. They are very secure. They just make a little click noise when you move through the exercise. These were a real space-saver as I was rapidly moving up in weight levels and was just about to go buy yet another set of dumbbells!