Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 196 reviews
on June 27, 2016
Everything in this book is valid as far as "investing 101" is concerned. I have been investing in stocks since 1980. When my son became interested in the stock market, this is where I suggested he start. There is no magic, do your homework, stay diversified! Thank You...
on April 19, 2014
I watched Jim Cramer’s Mad Money show regularly for a few years with my main objective being to find stocks that I am no familiar with. While the show did have some entertainment value, I learned not to act on Jim’s recommendations blindly. Any stock ideas out of the show were put through the same technical and fundamental filters I regularly use for my trading and only took positions in those that passed these criteria.
My intent in purchasing the book was to get more specific and detailed information on how Jim decides whether a stock should be bought or sold, especially the ones asked about in the lightning round. Although the book does describe each section of the show and its objective, no clear action oriented details that I was hoping will add value to my stock screens were available in the book, may be I was expecting too much!. On the other hand reading the book does help the viewer follow each segment of the show better and that is the reason for my high rating rating.
on July 25, 2008
This book is more of a suppliment to one of Jim Cramer's earlier writings with some updates to his previous commentary. It's a shorter read than his earlier two investment books and focuses on some of the same topics as in earlier books but with updated information.

I personally take notes when I read books like this and find his strategy to be a very good one. The cream of the crop in this book however is his detailed explanation and back of the book hand out for "doing the homework". As you may or may not know, Jim Cramer doesn't believe in Buy & Hold, but Buy & Homework. In review of a stock I now do the following:

1. Review companies balance sheet
2. Compare companies current PEG to it's peers, sector and industry
3. Review it's trading multiple
4. Review it's dividend yeild (and compare to others)
5. Develop a thesis on why I like the stock
6. Listen to the quarterly conference calls (this is a BIG tip and as boring as they can be, you really should do this)
7. Review the quarterly and annual reports
8. Become as familiar with where I believe the stock is GOIGN rather than where it's been.

Jim goes into some specifics about how to watch his show, what to take seriously, how to and what to listen for when he has guests on his show, and a key one, that the Lightning Round is really just for fun and there is no real work that has been put into this segment of the show.

Overall, Jim Cramer writes about investing in a way that is enjoyable and understandable for the common investor who believes that we can manage our own portfolios well enough on our own. I would recommend that you take these writings seriously and come to terms with what you believe to be true and then test them.

While I prefer his previous two books in regards to this subject more, I found this book to be worth the buy and I'm proud to have it in my library.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2010
My experience with most folks is they either love or hate Jim Cramer - largely based on their exposure to him on CNBC. That being the case, I think most of the folks who hate Jim have never read his books. Jim is a bright and engaging author, who takes the time to explain his investing and trading approach at a level that most can understand. He is admittedly self-promoting, and makes no excuses for his behavior on set, or his investing performance off of it - good and bad.

This book is the logical compliment to his show - describing the approach he uses in sector and stock analysis, and providing insight into the business cycle and investing theses that Jim uses regularly to make investment recommendations. His emphasis on sector analysis and PEG ratios, as well as his incessant mantra to actually do homework on the part of the investor (as well as describing how and what that should consist of) make the method of his madness approachable for most investors if they are willing to invest the time.

A good read, especially in conjunction with his autobiography and earlier investing works.
on September 22, 2007
I recently started trading online thanks to Prof. Cramer. I have both Mad Money & Real Money books including the audio books (read by Cramer) which are great companions. I've downloaded the audio books on my iPod and listen while driving (thru my car radio) or anytime I wish. I would highly recommend this to those who are serious about trading on their own. I admit the first trade I made I had to take a deep breath. The great thing is Cramer is there everyday to Cheer us on and discuss the current events in the market. He's funny and down to earth and makes school fun. I have Phil Town's Rule #1 based on Buffet and Grahams style to not lose money, but after you get his book you are on your own, literally. Phil Townsend does not have the STREET experience that Cramer has. Rule #1 is a good book to start with in your library but if you are serious and don't want to trade alone enroll in Cramer's school on making MONEY. I've made some great money and look forward to making more. I watch his show and own all of his books except for 'You Got Screwed'. BooYah!!! Good luck.

Thanks Prof Cramer

Patty, WV
on September 19, 2009
This is a great companion/complement to Jim's Mad Money show. This book dives right into the practicalities of how Jim goes about analyzing stocks, segments etc. In addition it is filled with his learnings from his experience both from managing his hedge fund to his charitable portfolio. Unlike other books on investment, this is a book that you can read and start applying right away by studying, researching and buying/selling stocks. What I most enjoy about it is the objectivity in which Cramer presents the information. He guides his audience/readers through ensuring they understand their own investment needs and to challenge his advice/recommendations. It is through this thought process that we can reduce making investment mistakes. He also readily shares his failures and how we can avoid them. Finally another thing I really like is that Jim's strategies and recommendations are very adaptive based on what he sees happening in the marketplace. Highly recommended read, and if you do not already watch Mad Money, PLEASE DO! Looking forward to reading more of Jim's books.
on November 10, 2007
This book is not the beginning or the end of the line when it comes to trying to make money in the stock market. One needs to have a working knowledge of the stock market, one needs to have read Cramer's other books and one needs to do a lot of footwork to make money in the market.

When it comes to making money, Jim Cramer is one of the best (at least in bull markets). At his hedge fund Cramer consistently beat the market, so you have to take that seriously. However, he clearly says you have to do a lot of work on your own to replicate his success.

As long as you do the work, study up and learn from as many sources as possible you should be able to invest your money wisely.

This book, as an extra reference, is a good one. Cramer updates some of his ideas from his first "money" book and introduces some new concepts. Cramer writes clearly for the lay reader. For a financial book everything is pretty easy to understand.

If you're serious about making money this is one of the "must haves" in your library.
on April 11, 2008
I found this book to be a a very effective and efficient way to understand stock fundamentals/technicals and learning the investing philosophies of common fund managers and analyists. Jim does a great job of explaining in "plain English laymen's terms" concepts like P/E ratios, balance sheets, cash flow statements, PEG ratios, sector analysis, sub-sectors, industries, business cycles, etc etc. Learning these fundamental concepts will do amazing things to help the average small investor do better in his/her investments. If you want to learn the technical skill of stock selection, read the book and be prepared to take notes and re-read sections to soak-in the concepts. It's not casual-reading, it's a course. Cheers to Jim for adding his great personality while discussing a deep and complicated subject.
on March 29, 2015
Good book and advice, but as with everything in investing, you can't just buy it, read it and implement it. It takes time, practice, patience, commitment, persistance, a learning curve. Don't buy it unless investing is your job, a part-time job, or one of your favorite hobbies that you spend A LOT of time on. It will sit on your shelf, if not.
on March 31, 2007
Gives a bullish optimistic view of seeing stock market investing/trading strategy. With years of experience, Cramer gives his insight and shares his mistakes and the knowledge he's gleaned from running his own hedge fun. He explains his antics and gives the reader activities that can be done to increase understanding about a company and how to properly evaluate a stock.