Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 228 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 294 reviews
on August 28, 2013
Hopefully you've seen Jim Gaffigan do his act on tv so you are already familiar with his stuff. He is extremely funny and talks about stuff that is so dead-on right that you can relate to what he is saying. He talks about everyday stuff like going to the grocery and talks about it in a way that is funny because you can totally relate to it. He seems to come from the Seinfeld-ian school and that's great. He is respectable and clean- nothing too vulgar and no profanity. This was his earliest dvd so it should be watched first since he gets funnier with time. If you are a serious fan of his, watch Beyond The Pale 1st then King Baby 2nd then Mr. Universe 3rd. All are funny but this being his earliest is the weakest so that is why I say watch it first. Enjoy laughing! (I do think the price is high- about $10.)
on October 13, 2013
I love Jim Gaffigan. "Beyond the Pale" is the act that made me fan. I first saw him on Comedy Central doing this show and I never laughed so hard at a PG rated comic. He doesn't drop f bombs. He isn't angry. He doesn't insult anyone. What's left? Check out this DVD and find out. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. by the way? I love the naughty comics, too. But sometimes guys like Gaffigan are a welcome diversion in a sea of profanity. Just sayin'.
on December 1, 2016
This was a gift for my dad. I'd already seen it on Netflix and we both loved it. He's SO funny. Easy to watch over and over. He just doesn't get boring.
on July 22, 2017
This comedian is good one for family style all around fun with some quirky takes on society.
on July 27, 2017
When is he not funny, great show
on February 6, 2010
Do you like to laugh? Then buy this DVD!

Really, it's that simple.

Jim Gaffigan is hysterical. And clean enough to watch with your parents. You can probably watch this with your kids, too. I'm not sensitive to swearing or dirty jokes - in fact you could probably call me a fan of such things - but that's not Gaffigan's schtick. If you don't like swearing and bathroom humor, then you're safe with this one.

Instead, you get all the classics: "Hot Pockets", "Guess It's Chocolate For Me" and more - most of his classics are here. If you're already a fan of Gaffigan, then this one is a "must have." And if you want to know what everyone if laughing at and why Jim Gaffigan has so many fans, then you should definitely check this one out.

If you've seen him on Comedy Central (or lucky you "live in concert") then you'll want to own this. If large pale men speaking in high whispery ding-song voices amuse you, then I urge you to purchase this DVD. If laughing your ass off then spending the next week driving your friends to either amusement or distraction by quoting all the best parts is your thing then this is the stand up DVD for you!

And if you really want the last laugh - buy it used from a well rated Amazon Marketplace merchant (like I did) and save money, too. You'll be laughing all the way to the bank!
on July 28, 2008
My husband and I caught Jim's HBO Special last year. We laughed so hard and for so long I didn't think we could take it anymore! We were so disappointed when his show was sold out in our area. BUT we were just able to go see him just a few weeks ago at the Landmark Theater in Richmond, VA. OH MY GOD were we so happy we made the 4 hour drive. Not only was it a new routine (which I thought 'how on earth can he top what he's done already?') but it was as side splittingly funny as what we'd already seen on TV. We would have been more than happy to see his old HBO routine but were so thrilled to see a whole new set and now have even more funny quotes to throw around to each other!! (Is he wearing girl jeans?-Are they Jordache?)
I've never written a review in my entire life but I just have to comment and support Jim and his work. My husband and I both think he is the greatest comedian EVER. His humor will have your face covered in tears and your stomach cramping from laughing. And it's such a 'light-hearted' comedy that it makes you feel so good!! I just bought the DVD so that I can first of all, watch it over and over again. But so that I can give it to my friends and family who haven't had the good fortune of knowing what it's like to be a part of the Gaffigan family. And quite honestly, he is such a nice person, you really do feel like you are a part of his extended family. And you'll find yourself wishing he really was part of your family just so you can hear what's going to come out of his mouth!!

congratulations Jim!! We'll be behind you every step of the way!!!!!
on August 15, 2017
Hilarious!
on April 24, 2008
This is simply the funniest comedy show I've ever seen! Good, clean humor for the whole family. I rarely watch movies more then once but I've seen this now at least 5 times and I'll watch it again soon I'm sure!

His "Hot Pockets" section is probably the most famous and I'll find myself bringing it up with my friends all the time. His inner voice that keeps coming out during the show are very funny too and are often exactly what the audience is thinking. My favorite parts would have to be his descriptions of holidays, especially Christmas ("If you think about it, the traditions surrounding Christmas sound more like the actions of a drunk man!"). He does spend a lot of time joking about food but it never gets old and I just want to hear more! ("IHOP? They should rename it 'I Barely Move') There are so many quotable moments that you'll keep bringing up in conversations with others that have seen it!

This is definately a comedy video worth buying and showing to friends/company until they've all become Gaffiganized! The comedy routine is about an hour and a half or so and there are a few extras with the DVD including a funny bit about him coming to Chicago and making it big ;)
on September 6, 2006
Jim Gaffigan is one of the best comedians I've seen in a long time. His jokes are great and fun for the whole family.

Jim Gaffigan manages to entertain and produce good quality comedy without resorting to sex jokes and dirty language. That's not to say crude humor can't tickle my funny bone just as well, but it's refreshing to listen to Jim Gaffigan's routine and not worry about offending the folks. =)

The bonus features on this DVD are sub-par, but the actual stand-up is great and well-worth the money. I highly reccomend this to all comedy fans, young and old.