Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jithin alex
Cybersecurity Enthusiast, CISSP, CEH, CyberOps
Security Professional, having experience in IT governance, security operations, implementing and handling major security solutions and products in various technology sectors and regions.
Jithin Alex previously worked as an IT Security Manager for one of the top MNC and has used his technical knowledge and experience to write his books. Books authored by him has received major recognition from Bookauthority including,
• "Network Automation using Python 3" was named one of the best new Software Automation books
• "Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW" was named one of the best Firewall books of all time
• "Network Automation Using Python3" has been listed as a recommended deep dive read in VMware's Network Automation for Dummies.
Read reviews and updates on https://www.goodreads.com/jithinalex
For articles and posts, visit my personal blog https://www.jaacostan.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Jithin alex
1) Solution architecture.
2) Incident lifecycle in Cortex XSOAR.
3) Integrations and incident creation.
4) Playbook development.
5) Layout customization.
6) Report creation.
7) Backup options.
8) Threat Intel management and EDL integration.
9) Introduction to MSSP.
• How to upgrade ASA firewall to Cisco FTD (Migration and Upgrade)
• Configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Next Generation firewall
• Configure Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC)
• Manage and administer the FTD devices using FMC ( Configure interfaces, zones, routing, ACLs, Prefilter policies, NAT, High Availability etc)
• FTD local management using Firepower Device Manager (FDM)
• Introduction to the FTD Migration tool
Table of Contents
• How to use this book?
• What is Cisco FTD?
• Lab Topology
• Setting up Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Firewall
• Changing Management IP
• Configure Manager in Cisco FTD
• Setting up Cisco Firepower Management Center (FMC)
• License Activation
• Explore the Cisco FMC options
• Register Cisco FTD with Cisco FMC
• Configure the Firewall Zone and Interface
• Additional Notes on Sub-Interface and Redundant Interfaces
• Create a Platform Policy
• Configure Routing on Cisco FTD
• Configuring FTD as a DHCP server
• Network Address Translation (NAT)
• Create an Access Control Policy
• Pre-Filter Policy
• Configuring High Availability on Cisco FTD
• Upgrading Cisco ASA firewall to FTD
• Installing Cisco FTD image on an existing ASA Firewall
• Install Firepower Threat Defense System Software
• Manage Cisco FTD firewall using Firepower Device Manager (FDM)
• Bonus: Introduction to Cisco FTD migration tool
Note: This book doesn’t cover the topics on VPN, SGT, and Cisco ISE integration.
What makes you a firewall expert? Understand different firewall products and the Packet-flows. Get familiarize with Change management and understand how to incorporate change management process in to firewall management operations. This book gives you a broad overview on Firewalls, packet flows, hardening, management & operations and the best practices followed in the industry. Though this book is mainly intended for firewall administrators who are in to operations, this book give a quick introduction and comparisons of the major firewall vendors and their products. In this book I have covered the following topics.
- Various Job roles related to Firewalls.
- What makes you a firewall expert?
- Know the major firewall vendors and their models.
- Firewall ranking and benchmarks.
- Understand the packet flow or order of operation.
- Understand the different types of firewalls.
- Daily tasks of a firewall administrator
- Guidelines on firewall hardening and compliance.
- Understand Change Management process.
- Illustration on How to make a firewall change (incorporating Change management process) with a real world example.
This is a Course, in a book format for Network administrators and engineers to learn python 3 and how to automate your network administration tasks using the python coding. You don't need to have a programming knowledge to use this book.This books covers all the basic necessary concepts with clear examples of python 3 programming required for network administration. Also providing a detailed explanation on Netmiko and its applications for SSH management with 11 real world examples.
•Python code to Change the Hostname using telnet.
•Python code to get the running configuration.
•Create and assign IP to a VLAN interface.
•Create multiple VLANs using python for loop.
•Create multiple VLANs on multiple switches.
•Configure SSH on all switches using python code.
•Backup the configuration of all switches.
•Create VLANs and Assign IP using SSH.
•Upload the configurations on all switches using SSH
•Create Multiple VLANs on all switches using SSH.
•Apply different configuration to different switches with a single python code.
Note: All exercises in this book are explained based on Cisco Networking environment.
This book provides a holistic approach for an efficient IT security Incident Management.
Key topics includes,
1) Attack vectors and counter measures
2) Detailed Security Incident handling framework explained in six phases.
3) Building a Incident response plan and key elements for an efficient incident response.
4) Building Play books.
5) How to classify and prioritize incidents.
6) Proactive Incident management.
7) How to conduct a table-top exercise.
8) How to write an RCA report /Incident Report.
9) Briefly explained the future of Incident management.
Also includes sample templates on playbook, table-top exercise, Incident Report, Guidebook.