Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Joan of Arc
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 11, 2013
My son asked me if there had been any female knights. I thought of Joan of Arc and ordered this book. He was 5 at the time I purchased it and it held his interest all the way through. The illustrations were beautiful and there was just the right level of information / detail. There were some spots where it was tough for me, as I was reading it aloud, to keep track of the timing as far as how many years this was all taking place through, but I think for the intended audience, that is fine, and we can delve further into it with more mature works as the kids get older. All in all, an excellent introduction to Joan of Arc.
4 people found this helpful
on September 6, 2017
I wanted to love it, as we love to read and learn.... but this book just didn't captivate us. It felt more like a college class on Joan in children's book. The author does a great job and the illustrations are beautiful... it just wasn't what we needed at this time - and to be honest - I don't think I could ever sit through it. We love the "I am...." books by Meltzer, just for comparison. Totally personal preference.
on February 26, 2018
Our granddaughter, age 8, has become very interested in Joan of Arc. I purchased this book because of recommendations I read on Amazon, and I was not disappointed. It is clear and concise and the illustrations are beautiful. We only just gave it to our granddaughter, so I will have to check back with her and see what she thinks, but I am pleased.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 3, 2017
Great informative book. We bought for a book report. I think kids were not as interested but had to read it. It's a good reference on Joan's life. Interesting facts & accounts. Based on actual trial transcripts from her trial that are still in existence.
on May 20, 2017
Great for children. Traveling to France and this is a wonderful book to introduce them to a part of the history of France. I also have three daughters so this was a fun story to introduce them too!
on June 15, 2016
Beautifully written and illustrated. It's not just for children.
on February 9, 2018
I loved it!
on January 18, 2016
Amazing illustrations and I love the way the information was spread,
on February 17, 2016
I was very pleased with this story and be able to add it to our History collection of our home library. Thank you!
on September 6, 2016
This book is beautiful! Every page is so pretty. We read the book as an extra added in with our homeschooling history curriculum. It was a hit with all four of my kids. Their ages range from 5-13.