Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 139 reviews
on September 17, 2016
If you need things to grow, this is the stuff to use. It smells a bit strange, but boy, it sure works! My plants went crazy this year and i had more tomatoes than I knew what to do with. I never had as good success when I was using the small spikes. This stuff seems to be just what the doctor ordered for "sick" soil.
on April 19, 2016
Wonderful stuff! Lettuce, spinach, peas all really booming for this early spring planting (from seed, which is OK with this organic blend). Looking forward to utilizing this for tomatoes, pepper, cucumbers, and the like.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 13, 2013
I am a "square foot" gardener so it is very important to enrich my garden soil. Because plants are close together & the beds are raised, the soil can be easily depleted of vital nutrients. I've used this fertilizer in combination with a healthy dose of homemade compost for several years with excellent results. I till the fertilizer & compost in to the soil before planting & then I side dress the plants in July & August. I use this particular formula for all my garden vegetables to keep things simple. It seems to work well for everything but especially my tomatoes.

You should test your soil before applying fertilizer to be sure you are using the correct formula for what your garden is lacking.

The analysis of this Vegetable/Tomato Formula is: 2-7-4

Nitrogen 2% (.8% Water Soluble & 1.2% Water Insoluble)
Available Phosphate 7%
Soluble Potash 4%
Calcium 7%
Magnesium .5%
Sulfur 1.4%

The fertilizer smells like cat food to me (probably because of the bone meal) but it goes away in a few days after being watered in.

Square Foot Gardening: All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More In Less Space
on February 27, 2014
Last year my tomato and bell pepper plants seemed to be growing slower than usual. My first thought was maybe they need some fertilizer. Well it definitely did the trick, my plants got huge and I got more tomatoes and bell peppers than I have in years. One of my yellow pear tomato plants grew to be 5 feet tall. I put one tablespoon of the fertilizer around the base of each tomato plant and a little less around each pepper plant and that worked great. The only down side is my dogs were really interested in it because of the smell so they tried to dig at it a little. Within a few days they didnt care anymore but it is something to be aware of. Good luck!
on April 21, 2017
I used Jobe's Vegetable & Tomato Spikes last year to great success in my porch garden after having poor prior to using looking plants and no tomatoes. Prior to using my Tomato Plants were putting on and dropping all blooms. With in a week that turned around and I had a bumper crop of Tomatoes for me and my friends to eat till freeze in fall. My Plants continued putting on tomatoes all summer and fall till frost. Something I have never had happen before. I hope I have as good of success as last year. This year I am going to use this mixed in the soil plus the spikes.
on June 17, 2014
Last year, my tomato plants grew about two feet tall, produced a few tomatoes, then promptly died off. I don't know what exactly changed this year, but I know part of it is I bought Jobe's fertilizer and used it shortly after planting. This year, my tomatoes are over six feet tall and I'm struggling to contain them inside the cages. They're also producing a metric bleep-ton of fruit (I have four plants and I'm getting several tomatoes a day). I also barely used any of this fertilizer, just a handful or so for my entire crop of tomatoes, so I have a TON left. Looking forward to using it again next season!
on July 27, 2016
As far as I can tell it works.
Plants seemed to produce higher yelds after I gave them the magic sauce.
Has a fishy smell.
Make sure you water and clean the leaves if plants are mature.
on July 3, 2015
This stuff has turned my garden into a jungle of delicious treats. Super happy it is organic and works so well!!! Highly recommend especially considering so many other great reviews!
on November 16, 2015
smells odd but works well
on December 26, 2015