|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.6 x 3 x 7.9 inches|
|Item model number||JB00132-CAM|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
Joby Gorillatorch Adjustable and Flexible Tripod Flashlight, Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Flexible, wrappable legs and powerful magnetic feet allow users to attach Gorillatorch to just about anything
- Illuminate target while keeping your hands free
- Adjustable intensity allows users to dictate level of brightness for use
- Water resistant for use in all environments
- Compact and lightweight (1.6 ounces) for easy portability
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Joby Gorillatorch Adjustable and Flexible Tripod Flashlight, Blue
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||日本★JAPAN★Discount Store since2005||braxton1||Amazon.com|
|Are Batteries Required||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 2.56 x 7.87 in||2.95 x 2.56 x 7.87 in||2.6 x 10.75 x 2.6 in||9 x 11.54 x 6.38 in|
|Item Weight||—||6.5 ounces||0.71 lb||4.8 ounces|
|Light Source Type||LED||LED||LED||LED|
Features•Flexible, wrappable legs and powerful magnetic feet allow you to attach the Gorillatorch to just about anything, letting you illuminate any target while keeping your hands free.
•Adjustable intensity, up to 65 lumens allow you to dictate the level of brightness for use in any scenario. The integrated dimmer switch allows you to control power and brightness with a twist of the wrist.
•Rubberized ring and foot grips provide enhanced stability on slick or uneven surfaces and does not scratch paint.
•Water resistant the Gorillatorch shines in all environments, no matter how extreme.
•Compact and lightweight the Gorillatorch is ready for your next adventure. Its adaptable form factor enables you to stow it anywhere. It weighs 1.6-ounces.
Dimensions: 2.56″ x 2.95″ x 7.87″.
With Joby's Gorillatorch adjustable tripod flashlight, you'll be able to tackle a wide range of jobs in dimly lit conditions without having to balance a standard flashlight under the crook of your neck. With its powerful magnetic feet and bendable and flexible legs, you can illuminate virtually any target and keep your hands focused on the job at hand.
The Gorillatorch illuminates your target while keeping your hands free (see larger image).
Control the level of brightness with
a twist of your wrist.
The Gorillatorch offers a focused illumination thanks to its ultra-bright CREE LED--providing up to 65 lumens (1 watt) of lighting power--and high-quality reflector optics. A dimmer feature allows you to select the ideal brightness for any situation, and this also enables you to optimize battery life when needed. At its brightest setting, the Gorillatorch provides up to 20 hours of continuous use, while you'll get up to 80 hours of battery life when the dimmer is dialed to its economy setting. The Gorillatorch is powered by three AA batteries (included).
When it's time to turn off the lights, the Gorillatorch's adaptable form factor enables you to stow it anywhere--from a toolbox to a kitchen drawer to a camping backpack.
The light's water-resistant housing is made of durable ABS plastic and it has a polycarbonate lens with a 2.16-inch diameter bezel. It measures 7.87 x 2.95 x 2.56 inches and weighs 1.6 ounces (6.5 ounces with batteries installed). The Joby Gorillatorch is backed by a limited 1-year warranty.
Based on Joby's award-winning Gorillapod tripod for cameras, the Gorillatorch can wrap its flexible legs around almost any surface to provide needed illumination--attach it to the bedpost for lights out reading, secure it to a tree branch or tent pole to illuminate your campsite. The rubberized rings around each spherical component of the leg helps the Gorillatorch to firmly grasp the surface it's clasped around, and they protect painted or varnished surfaces from getting scratched.
With the addition of its neodymium magnetic feet, the Gorillatorch can secure itself to metal surfaces such as car hoods while checking the engine, late night tire changes, or a fusebox door during power outages.
You can also use it as you would a normal tripod, such as for shining a light on night-time barbecues, or use it as a handheld with the legs straightened while walking the dog. The rubberized foot grips provide enhanced stability on slick or uneven surfaces.
Top customer reviews
* The LED used in the unit is very bright and in conjunction with the dimmer function allows an excellent range of illumination
* The legs consist of multiple ball and socket joints that allow easy positioning with good rigidity.
* Each ball has a rubber-like ring around it (the gray rings in the photos) which provides a good friction grip when wrapped around an object.
* The tripod feet have the same covering as the rings giving it a low slip tripod base.
* The tripod feet contain strong magnets that hold the tripod securely to a metal surface in any orientation (up, down or sideways).
* The Battery/Lamp reside in a single assembly so there is no restriction on rotating the light.
* The unit I received has a battery compartment electrical contact issue. The battery compartment cover contains contacts that connect the battery (+) terminals with the unit body. This contact can be affected by tapping on the case, turning the lamp off and back on when it is switched on.
* The dimmer works well, but is non-linear in operation. The dimmer/switch rotates over approx. 220 degrees, but the dimmer operates over the last 90 degrees.
* The light produced is very similar to a flashlight - a bright center with a less bright surrounding light ring. As the primary use for the unit is as a work light a change to create a more uniform lighting area would allow the LED's brightness to be better used.
Overall this is a very good product that with minor gripes, delivers what it promises
It is so flexible, there is almost nowhere you can't get lit up using it. You can use the magnetic feet to hold onto steel, you can wrap the legs around things, and swivel the head at any angle.
The reason for only 4 stars would be the lighting pattern. There is a 'bulls eye' of light, surrounded by a large 'halo' of softer light. The problem is, the bulls eye is too bright, in contrast to the halo. Either the center of the beam is too bright, or the rest, too dim. Works good, where you need a small but bright area of light, but in my mind, a worklight should light up a wide area.
Putting tape over the lens, as another suggested, helps diffuse the light, making it much closer to a 5-star light, but it should come that way, in my opinion.
Overall brightness is more than adequate, battery life is excellent, build quality is very good.
Every component seems to be of high quality and well built.
It is a bit smaller than I expected and it took over a month from day of my order to its arrival but I think it was worth the wait.
I can think of dozens of uses for this product and it's cool and unique. I chose the yellow color and this bumped up the cost from the standard black model. You will notice that the prices are different based on the color when you place your order.
5 star rating from me based on neat design, versatility, and quality.
All in all, I'd call it a good attempt marred by lack of one major feature. It's still a potentially great product if that one issue isn't important for you. But the addition of that one adjustment would make it a truly great item.
I bought a second one cause, despite the fragility and quality issue, hubby liked the design and found it useful for certain tasks at home in dark, cramped spaces, like the utility closet. So, here we go. Let's see if this one lasts more than 5 uses/1year.
Oh, if only they upped the quality to justify the 25+ bucks. That would be lovely, cause, really, the adjustable/wrapable legs is a cool and usesful idea.
Execution is crap, though....do not expect longevity. Just short-term usefulness.
Most recent customer reviews
Otherwise, it does what it's supposed to while it works.