Joby GorillaPod Hybrid Red
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Flexible, wrappable legs with rubberized ring and foot grips- stabilize hybrid cameras weighing up to 2.2lbs (1kg) on virtually any surface, to capture memories that would have been previously unthinkable
- Integrated aluminum ball head with ±90° tilt and 360° pan - quickly and precisely orient your camera and nail beautiful compositions with strict control over portrait and landscape setups
- Dual action adjustment knob - easily locks the ball head in place, securing it tightly. Separate locking mechanisms for horizontal and vertical movement enable smooth panning without tilt
- Slim-line quick-release clip with bubble level - stays connected to your camera and snaps into the ball head for instant setup and perfectly level images every time
- Durable design crafted with best-in-class materials - the only tripod in its class to use Japanese medical-grade ABS plastic and German TPE for secure joints that stay firm and grippy after years of shooting
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
|Item Dimensions||10.1 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches|
|Item Weight||0.4 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||0.5 pounds|
The perfect companion for your Hybrid or Compact System Camera - such as the SONY NEX series, the Panasonic LUMIX series, or the Olympus PEN series - the GorillaPod Hybrid is the most versatile, portable camera tripod for the demanding, active photographer. Its rock-solid stabilization and precise ball head-enabled positioning allow you to capture professional-quality images without the size and weight of a traditional full-size camera tripod system. Whether you're staging a last-second street portrait, shooting time-lapse photos with the need for precise composition control, or recording stable, shake-free video, GorillaPod Hybrid lets you unleash the power of your hybrid compact system camera.
From the Manufacturer
The perfect companion for your compact system camera, GorillaPod Hybrid is the most versatile, portable tripod for the demanding, active photographer. Its rock-solid stabilization and precise ball head-enabled positioning allow you to capture professional-quality images without the size and weight of a traditional full-size tripod system. Whether you're staging a last-second street portrait, shooting time-lapse photos with the need for precise composition control, or recording stable, shake-free video, GorillaPod Hybrid lets you unleash the power of your compact system camera.
Stabilize your compact system camera anywhere
- Over two dozen leg joints bend and rotate 360° to wrap around objects, provide stability on uneven surfaces, or hang your camera in otherwise unreachable places
- Rubberized ring and foot grips enhance stability on difficult terrain, allowing you to quickly and securely place your camera at virtually any angle
- Durable design crafted with best-in-class materials. The only tripod in its class to use Japanese medical grade ABS plastic and German TPE rubber for secure joints that stay firm and grippy after years of shooting
- Cameras supported up to 2.2lb (1kg):
- Compact system cameras like SONY NEX and Samsung NX cameras
- Hybrid cameras
- EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens)
- MILC (Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras)
- Micro 4/3 cameras like Olympus PEN and Panasonic Lumix cameras
Position your camera precisely where you need it with the integrated aluminum ballhead
- ±90° tilt and 360° pan allow you to quickly and precisely orient your camera and nail beautiful compositions with strict control over portrait and landscape setups
- Dual action adjustment knob allows smooth panning without tilt and securely locks the ball head in place
- Integrated aluminum ball head with 90 degree tilt and 360 degree pan quickly and precisely orients your camera and nails beautiful compositions with strict control over portrait and landscape setups
- Slim-line quick-release clip with bubble level stays connected to your camera and snaps into the ball head for instant setup and perfectly level images every time
GorillaPod Product Line
GorillaPod Micro 250
GorillaPod Micro 800
| || || || || || || || |
|Supports||Point + shoot cameras and pocket camcorders up to 8.8 oz (250 g)||Hybrid or compact system cameras up to 1.75lbs (800g)||Point and shoot cameras and pocket camcorders up to 11.5 oz (325g)||Point and shoot cameras and pocket camcorders up to 11.5 oz (325g)||Point and shoot cameras and pocket camcorders up to 11.5 oz (325g)||Hybrid and compact system cameras, flashes and camcorders up to 2.2 lbs (1kg)||Pro-sumer SLR cameras with zoom lenses, camcorders up to 6.6 lbs (3kg)||SLR cameras with zoom lenses, camcorders up to 11 lbs (5kg)|
|Dimensions||2.6 x 0.7 x 0.6 inches||3.4 x 1.1 x 0.8 inches||5.9 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches||5.9 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches||7.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches||10.1 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches||9.8 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches||11.4 x 3.6 x 3.6 inches|
|Weight||0.9 oz||2.3 oz||1.6 oz||1.6 oz||2.8 oz||6.4 oz||8.5 oz||1.1 lbs|
|Technical Specs|| || || || || || || || |
|See Details||See Details||See Details||See Details||See Details|
Top Customer Reviews
I'm using this with my OMD EM-5 with Olympus kit 12-50mm lens and it holds it really feel. The quick release clip on the GorillaPod is perfect as well.
The only tip I would have is to use a timer for the camera, 2 seconds is more than enough. The GorillaPod is a bit springy especially right after you press the shutter button and will wobble your camera ever so slightly, but enough to blur the image. So just use your built-in timer or a shutter remote.
I went for the red. Gray seems to be a better option now. The red seems to be too conspicuous in remote developing places when you are trying to take stealth photography.
Update: Almost 2 years in and still the only tripod I take on family outings. I own other tripods, but I use this one even sometimes when the other ones are accessible because of how quickly I can setup and frame the shots I want (toddlers don't site still very long).
iPhone 4 does not have a tripod mount. But when we combine Joby GorillaPod with Belkin LiveAction Camera Grip, we finally have a good and secure system to mount iPhone 4 to a tripod.
The junky iPhone holders that provide an iPhone tripod mount put iPhone into the horizontal landscape orientation position only. I also want portrait orientation.
Here is the solution: I use the Joby GorillaPod together with the Belkin LiveAction Camera Grip with Application for Apple iPhone 4s (and iPhone 4). iPhone 4 plugs into the Belkin LiveAction Camera grip in landscape position. Then Belikin LiveAction Camera Grip mounts onto the GorillaPod in landscape position.
Then I move GorillaPod's head off to the side, so that iPhone is in portrait position. GorillaPod feels a bit unbalance with iPhone hanging off the side, but after twisting GorillaPod's legs, GorillaPod is stable enough.
I also purchased the Belkin Camera Stand with Remote for Apple iPhone 4s (and iPhone 4). The remote makes a Bluetooth connection to iPhone, so that we have a remote shutter click button.
We finally have a good and secure mounting system for iPhone 4 to a tripod.
Note to Joby: Your naming system for each Gorilla Tipod is completely wacky. Joby is naming the tripods after the device. For example, "Joby GP3 Gorillapod SLR-Zoom." I don't want to know what Joby thinks is the correct tripod-camera match. I want to know if Joby's product is small, medium, large, industrial strength.... And how much weight it will support.
Comments specifically about Joby GorillaPod:
* Grips onto various objects well.
* Screw head can be moved from vertical (straight up) to horizontal (off to the side) position.
* Screw head has a level for vertical use only.
* Quick release of the screw head is convenient.
* GorillaPod is light enough to keep it in a small case or purse while you are walking around town or hiking.
* Hard to position the legs completely straight after they have been bent. (This is not a big deal.)
* With the screw head in horizontal position (off to the side) and the camera mounted, the tripod feels a bit unbalanced. But it was stable enough after I bent the legs into some certain cockeyed orientation.
* The level does not work for horizontal use.
* Quick release of the screw head is a bit finicky.
It's a good product. However, I also purchase the Joby Gorillamobile for AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. I promptly returned the device to Amazon. See my related review for that device.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I also tested this item on a DSLR with a 35MM lens, and it held up.Read more