|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 2.5 x 8 inches|
|Item model number||JB01242-CAM|
|Batteries||3 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
|Luminous Flux||100 lm|
|Switch Style||Integrated dimmer switch|
|Special Features||Flexible wrapable legs|
|Average Battery Life||80 hours|
|Warranty Description||One year limited warranty|
Joby JB01242-CAM 125 Gorilla Torch Flare with Flexible Wrapable Legs, Red
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Illuminate any target hands-free by positioning the flexible, wrapable legs and light head
- Secures to any surface with rubber grip rings and powerful neodymium magnet feet
- Ultra-bright white flood light adjustable to 3 brightness levels plus red LEDs for night vision
- Features 6 light modes including emergency strobe and remembers the last light mode used
- Quick battery replacement-even in the dark-due to uniform battery orientation
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- The 3 articulating legs allow you to position this light in lots of different ways, from standing it like a mini-tripod mounted light, to wrapping the legs around a tree branch, door handle, over the back of a chair or seat etc. In addition, the ends of the legs are magnetic (magnets sealed in a hard rubber, or is it a soft plastic?). The magnets are strong enough to allow the light to cling upside down to a steel surface, or even sideways on a vertical surface.
- Uses 3 AA batteries. Convenient and easy to find everywhere. I use Eneloop XX's in it for the low self discharge so it'll always be ready to go when I need it, even if it's been sitting unused for a bit, plus the higher capacity for continuous use.
- Puts out a good amount of light. The light has 3 settings which are scrolled through by the single Power/Mode button. The light cycles from Off, to Low (claimed 12 lumens for 80hrs), Med (claimed 55 lumens for 50 hours), High (claimed 125 lumens for 20 hours), Strobe, Red and Red Strobe, then back to Off with each consecutive button press. It can also memorize the last used mode by holding the button down to turn it Off. If you just click the button anytime the light is On, it will cycle to the next mode. From whatever mode it's currently in, if you press and hold the button for a few seconds (~2-3 seconds), the light turns Off immediately, and the next time it's turned On, it will turn on straight to the last used mode (even if it was a Strobe mode). The body doesn't really get warm at all even when left in High Mode.
- Beam. I would describe this as a floody beam.Read more ›
The only thing I would change about it if I could would be to get rid of the blinking, red, and red blinking settings. These are of no use to me, but I have to cycle through them every time I turn the light off.
Look to the Joby GorillaTorch Flare 125 with Flexible Wrapable Legs as a good solution to these all-too-common problems. The days of old unreliable flashlights need to be put behind us when it comes to emergency preparedness. My interest in the GorillaTorch Flare 125 came as a result of having to deal with a five-day power outage that hit Lower Manhattan when Hurricane Sandy visited in late October 2012. I was luckily better prepared than many of my friends and neighbors, but as a result of what happened, it became time to seriously re-think my own emergency planning.
I received one of these as a Christmas gift, and I'll list the subjective pro and con points, then more of what I've found.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product went well just over 90days and then died out. Happy Trade declined to take it back. The product itself is good but does not last.Published 10 months ago by Judy Kamnin Tse
Not very bright on the highest setting I like the various options on the switchPublished 11 months ago by peter khoury
I bought the JOBY RED Gorilla Torch Flare for my husband and got approximately 2 months of use from it, and now... it now longer works. Replaced the batteries and still nothing. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Terri
Light is not that bright, and neck always seems to break easily. Magnets are strong though.Published 15 months ago by Darthmaulxk2
My husband loves this little light and uses it around the house quite a lotPublished 16 months ago by Sylvia Fuerstenberg
This device is pretty handy, the magnets are strong enough and the legs can be bent into most positions you will need to hold this thing in place - for its size its pretty bright... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Strokeofgenuis