Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electri..." and save 30% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.84 shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Sun Joe SWJ800E 8-Inch 6.5-Amp Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw with Automatic Chain Lubrication System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach. No Load Speed (rpm) 6000
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branches up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication. Oil tank capacity (fluid ounce): 2.7
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
These saws are a cut above.
Snow Joe + Sun Joe
Snow Joe + Sun Joe specialize in developing innovative outdoor tools to keep your home looking beautiful throughout the year, whether the snow is falling or the sun is shining. Our expansive line of outdoor power equipment, which includes manual, cordless, and electric tools such as lawn mowers, trimmers, tillers, and snow blowers, aims to simplify your yard routine to make it quick and easy to get your outdoor chores done.
We focus on designing high quality outdoor tools that are affordable, because we believe that high craftsmanship does not have to come with outrageous prices. Browse our product selection, including our lawn mowers, trimmers, hedgers, snow blowers, tillers, and cultivators, to see how Snow Joe + Sun Joe make it easy to Get equipped with the right tools to tackle everyday household chores.
Let Gravity Do The Work
Tackle Those Hard-to-Reach Branches With Ease.
The Sun Joe Saw Joe pole chain saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees. Stand safely on solid ground and simply adjust Saw Joe’s telescoping pole to gain up to 15 feet of overhead reach.
6.5 Amp Motor With 8 inch Oregon Bar and Chain.
Powered by a robust 6.5 amp motor, the SWJ800E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5 inches thick. This pole chain saw features an 8 inch Oregon bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use.
Power Up With The Push of a Button.
Unlike gas-powered tools, the Saw Joe is powered electrically, so you’ll reliably power up with the push of a button without having to deal with smoke, fumes, unpredictable starters or costly tune-ups. Plus the SWJ800E comes equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting.
Reliably power up with the push of a button and features a safety switch to prevent accidental start.
8 Inch Oregon Bar And Chain
Features an 8 inch Oregon bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use.
15 Foot Reach
Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 feet to provide 15 feet of overhead reach.
|Telescoping Pole||Extends to 8.7 ft.||Extends to 9.4 ft.||Extends to 7.2 ft.||Extends to 8.8 ft.||Extends to 8.6 ft.||Extends to 8.8 ft.|
|Motor||6.5 Amp||6.5 Amp||8 Amp||6 Amp||8 Amp||8 Amp|
|Bar And Chain||8 inch Oregon Bar and Chain||8 inch Oregon Bar and Chain||10 inch Oregon Bar and Chain||8 inch Sun Joe bar and chain||8 inch Sun Joe bar and chain||10 inch Sun Joe bar and chain|
|Max Cutting Thickness||7.5 inches||7.5 inches||7 inches||7.5 inches||7.5 inches||9.5 inches|
|Convertible electric pole chain + saw||✓||✓||✓|
|Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty||Full 2 Year Warranty|
Tackle those hard-to-reach branches with ease. The Sun Joe Saw Joe SWJ800E pole chain saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees. Stand safely on solid ground and simply adjust Saw Joe’s telescoping pole to gain up to 15 feet of overhead reach. Powered by a 6.5-amp motor, the SWJ800E can handle the most stubborn tree limbs up to 7.5-inches thick. This pole chain saw features an 8-inch Oregon bar and chain with an auto-oiler to keep the bar and chain fully lubricated during use. Unlike gas-powered tools, Saw Joe is powered electrically, so you’ll reliably power up with the push of a button without having to deal with smoke, fumes, unpredictable starters or costly tune-ups. Plus the SWJ800E comes equipped with a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental starting. Saw Joe is CSA approved and carries a full two-year warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The adjustable length of the pole. The other one is fixed at 9 feet. There are a couple of reasons adjustability is a very nice feature. First, what others have pointed out - use the shorter length to cut up the limbs you've cut down. It's much easier than standing back nine feet to do it. But, an equally important reason is that it can be adjusted easily while using the saw. I use it mainly for palm trees and oaks. When I'm on the ladder, I don't always need or want the saw at its full length. There's about ten pounds hanging on a 9 foot pole and it gets heavy quickly. And, sometimes I'm closer to what I want to cut. Twist the lock on the pole, collapse it a little, tighten the lock and start cutting again. It's very nice.
2. A major reason I decided to change saws was that the one I have infuriated me with the chain constantly jumping the track. I tightened it and loosened it and tried everything I could to get the tension right. It didn't matter - if the saw twisted a little while cutting the chain popped off. That meant removing the cover, adjusting the chain, replacing the cover and going back to work - five to ten minutes of cursing the whole time. I just finished trimmng several palm trees and an oak with this one and it did not jump once. Tensioning the chain is very simple and done with the cover on - just turn a screw.
3. The oiler on the other one seems to feed oil too fast - the motor always is oily and it runs down the pole. This one doesn't and keeps a light coat of oil on the chain. The other one put too much oil on the chain with the result it jams because the saw dust gets oily and clogs the sprocket - that may be why it jumped the track.
4. It cuts faster - that may be simply because it's a new chain so I can't say it's different in that respect from the other.
5. It feels sturdier. The pole definitely is stronger. There is absolutely no twisting or bending. The other one doesn't really "bend" but it does flex. This one is very stiff.
So - I'm glad I have it and recommend it hightly.
--It's lightweight (NOT cheap-feeling)
--Easy to assemble
--Easy to use
--Easy to adjust
--There are nearly a dozen notes about chain direction, just in case someone is not familiar with how to install it. In fact, it even comes with the chain zip-tied in the proper orientation on the bar.
--Extension and retraction is fast and simple. A quick light turn of the locking collar is all that you need.
--The extension pole is rigid and at full-reach doesn't wobble.
--The cord lock is a great feature. Use it because you will unplug it while using if you don't
--Chain is sharp and it cuts well.
Note: Undercut branches to prevent binding and if the branch takes the saw with it, let it go and guide it down, don't force it.
--It uses regular bar and chain oil, nothing special. Keep an eye on the oil level, it uses it pretty quickly, which is OK!
--Other reviews mentioned leaks of which I've had none and it hangs in the garage with the bar down, full of oil. Make sure the oil-cap string stays out of the threads, that could cause a problem.
--Chain adjustment is easy, same as a regular chainsaw. It will loosen a LOT after the first couple of cuts.
--The trigger lock takes a bit of getting used to and I'm not a fan of that setup, but it works
--It would be nice if there was a slot or something in the handle for the adjustment wrench
Overall I'm very happy with the saw. The only unknown is durability and longevity, but if it's registered I think there is a 2 year warranty.
The only negative I can come up with is that it actually delivered 5 days later than it was originally scheduled - but I can deal with that for a good quality product.
I was surprised to see that the cutting guide was made of metal. The oil reservoir has a window so it is easy to see the level of oil. The best part of the saw is that it's the lightest one on the market in this price range So you don't have to be a guerrilla to use it. The motor is more than adequate to get the job done. It comes with a good manual, has a two year warranty, and a single metal tool that is all that is needed to assemble as well to keep the chain property adjusted.
I highly recommend this saw.