Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: John Barrowman
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

85%
15%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 17, 2010
I discovered John on Utube when I was listening to Larry Kert - and was practically speechless. His technique is breathtaking. Particularly the cut - I won't bring You Flowers- which is an example of a voice perfectly placed = amazing breath control = impecible taste in every way. I make these comments as a student and teacher of vocal technique. As a performer, of course he is an international star - well deserved. Since this purchase, I have bought 5 more of his albums (I can't get enough). This one is actually the best.
on March 15, 2010
This autobiographical CD is fun and soulful at the same time. This is a real insite to the strength of his range and feelings and love of people and his music. A real must for John Barrowman fans and those who yet havn't meet him.
on March 16, 2010
Got this today and listened to it right away - wonderful as usual with John's music, but kinda bummed because the song "The Doctor and I" was supposed to be on it (per [..] and a few other sites) and wasn't included. :( Bad press, overhype or a version only sent to folks in the US.
on April 9, 2010
I have gotten to be a really big fan. I think the first time I had heard of him or heard him sing, was a Stephen Sondheim video with Carol Burnett. He's got a lot of talent. I have bought most of his CDS and his DVD from UK amazon. He has a great range in his voice. He's multitalented. For the songs on the CD, I always did love, " I Won't Send Roses,". He sings it very well, emotionally and techncially as far as holding notes, being musical. I've heard it done by him on the concert DVD and on youtube by him. I also heard Michael Feinstein sing it. I am partial to John's interpretation. I particualarly like The Kid Inside. I like the tune and John again does a great job. He does a great job of "Don't Cry Out Loud", a hit for Melissa Manchester. Key changes and long held notes. I like to sing with him. I'm a singer, too. I pretty much sing in his range. He sings "You're Just too Good to be True", the Four Seasons hit. These songs are from Broadway and movies, mostly. He seems to love Barry Manilow because he has Copacobana on this CD. He has sung a lot of Barry's songs on previous albums. He sings a duet with someone I think he's paired with before. They sing "So Close" from Enchanted. I will have to admit I prefer the movie version. I don't care for this version much. It's not bad, but I kind of think the woman dominated the song and feels overdone. Other songs featured include, "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel, and "Memory" from Cats. John sings well on everything.
on February 22, 2016
This was purchased as gift but the giftee said she loved it and there were no problems at all with it. Since I couldn't tell you a thing about John Barrowman, that's as good as it gets for this review folks.
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2014
Many people only know John Barrowman from Torchwood, Dr Who, or Arrow. Some have seen him on Broadway in Sondheim's Putting It Together and know the man has a great set of pipes as well. This CD features songs with special meaning in his life and the choices are well made. Highly Recommended!
on December 11, 2012
This is my third album by JB. And again, I'm delighted. His technique is remarkable and I never get tired of listening to these albums. He's got such a great voice for stage songs and if he selects his own shows and songs, he does a flawless job. You'll Never Walk Alone left me with goose bumps. I still want more. I can't believe I had not discovered him as a singer until he appeared in De-Lovely.
on January 6, 2014
I liked this album but not as much as Music, Music, Music just because of the song selections. Just my own preferences. I love his voice and everything he sings is brilliant! Just wish I could see him in concert in the states.
on January 8, 2013
John is such a great singer, surprising for such a good actor. His song selection is great, he chooses songs that match his voice and range. Every time I hear him sing "Walk On" I cry. I think this is a must for John Barrowman fans and really any fans of good music.
on May 18, 2014
I accidentally bought the wrong John Barrowman CD first, so when this one came in the mail and I opened it up, I was so happy and excited. I love every song, from start to finish, especially a few that are very dear to my heart, and John Barrowman does them more than justice, he sings them beautifully. I o wonder where "The Doctor and I" is since the booklet in the CD says it's on this CD, but I can't really complain.