Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
John Boos Block Chop-N-Slice Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board, 20 Inches x 15 Inches x 1.25 Inches
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- John Boos Block 214 Chop-N-Slice cutting board measures 18"x 12" x 1.25 inches. Boos Chop-N-Slice boards are lightweight, easy to lift and store
- Made in the USA: Each John Boos Butcher Block and Cutting Board is proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques since 1887
- This cutting board is made from sustainably sourced, hand-selected solid Northern Hard Rock Maple. John Boos & Co has been a member of the NHLA for over 50 years, with a Sustainability Certification
- Reversible: This cutting board can be used on either side. All boards in the Chop-N-Slice collection are NSF certified
- Sustainable alternative to plastic boards: lightweight, versatile, will not harbor bacteria, and easier on knives than plastic cutting boards
- Antimicrobial: John Boos Northern Hard Rock Maple contain naturally occurring enzymes that kill bacteria. (Mechanical Science and Engineering research Study, 2019, U of Illinois). Regular application of Boos Oil and cream provide an additional barrier, forcing bacterial fluids to bead up and reduce interaction time with the board.
- Care/Warranty: John Boos offers a 1 year guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials. To care for your Boos Board: hand wash and dry (NOT dishwasher safe). Apply John Boos Mystery Oil regularly, more often in dry climates and when the board is brand new. Use John Boos Board Cream to seal the wood surface after applying Mystery Oil. Oil and Cream sold separately.
- The Professional Choice: Often imitated, Boos Boards and blocks are the preferred cutting surfaces of top chefs and restaurants around the world
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
John Boos Chop-N-Slice Reversible Cutting Board Collection
Available in a Variety of Sizes
Chop-N-Slice cutting boards are available in a variety of sizes ranging from 10 by 5 inches to 20 by 15 inches.
Sleek Profile and Lightweight
The Chop-N-Slice lighter than other John Boos Cutting Boards. Their thin profile and portability make them ideal for easy storing and maneuvering.
Edge Grain Construction
The Chop-N-Slice cutting board collection features beautiful edge grain construction.
Reversible and Versatile
All Chop-N-Slice Boards are reversible. Both sides of the cutting board can be used for chopping, slicing and cutting. Thanks to their slim profile, Chop N Slice Boards also double as serving pieces for fruits, cheeses and more.
The History of John Boos & Co
In 1887, Effingham, Illinois blacksmith Conrad Boos used a Sycamore tree placed on three legs while hammering horseshoes. Three years later, a local butcher realized a wooden Boos Block could be used for cutting meat, and had one custom made. Word spread to surrounding small towns and cities and by 1911, John Boos & Co was shipping custom butcher blocks from coast to coast. Throughout the 20’s, 30’s and 40’s, John Boos expanded their production and product range to include tables and workbenches, the majority of which went to the war effort during WWII. By the 1940s, John Boos had earned their outstanding reputation for quality and craftsmanship, and John Boos butcher blocks were found in every restaurant, food store and butcher shop in America. Today, the traditional craftsmen work ethic is still alive and well at John Boos, where all boards and butcher blocks are still proudly manufactured in Effingham, Illinois. Often imitated, John Boos boards and blocks are favorites of professional chefs and can be found in restaurants and commercial settings worldwide.
Committed to Environmental Integrity
John Boos’ Hardwood foresters follow professional best practices that mirror natural forces. Individual trees are selected for harvest, encouraging forests to renew and regenerate themselves naturally and prolifically. John Boos & Co. recycles 95% of all raw lumber scraps and sawdust which are used to generate electricity and create steam to fuel the boilers. John Boos sawdust is also recycled as livestock bedding for local agricultural needs.
John Boos Mystery Oil and Butcher Block Cream
Recommended for use with all John Boos wood products.
- Food Safe
- Easy to Apply
- Protects and prolongs the life of the board
- Sold separately on Amazon, just search for 'Boos Mystery Oil' or 'Boos Board Cream'
Care and Maintenance
Keeping Your Board Sanitized:
Wash your John Boos cutting board with hot soapy water after each use and dry with a clean towel or let it air dry. For further sanitation, the board can be rinsed with a vinegar or chlorine bleach solution. (1 teaspoon bleach to one quart of water/5-to-1 ratio of vinegar to water) Do not soak the board in water, this will damage the wood. Like all natural wood cutting boards, John Boos boards are not intended for the dishwasher.
Maintaining Your Board:
Oil your cutting board on all surfaces every 3-4 weeks to maintain the original Boos block cream finish with beeswax. This quick task will protect and prolong the board’s life and ensure it is enjoyed for decades to come. John Boos recommends using John Boos Mystery Oil and/or John Boos Block Cream. (Sold separately on Amazon.)
Compare with similar items
Bring home a culinary classic from with a Chop-N-Slice Cutting Board by John Boos. Chop-N-Slice boards are ideal boards for everyday use. Versatile and more lightweight than RA or R Boards, Chop-N-Slice Boards measure 1-1.25 inches thick. Available with or without a groove, these NSF certified boards are sure to become the go-to board in your kitchen for years to come.
John Boos products are designed to meet the demanding expectations of commercial kitchens, and exceed the highest level of quality and food safety standards. Each board and block is made from sustainably harvested North American hardwoods, and offers a commercial grade cutting surface that protects the sharp edge on fine cutlery. Often imitated, John Boos and Co. is internationally known for its expertise in crafting American hardwoods into products of beauty, durability and function.
Simple board care can ensure this heirloom, handcrafted board is a favorite in your kitchen for years to come. Every John Boos Board and Block comes with a food safe natural oil finish that helps protect the wood during transit. Once a month, apply an even coat of NSF Approved John Boos Mystery Oil (sold separately), and allow it to soak in overnight. Repeat this process more often when the board is brand new and “thirsty,” or if you live in a dry, arid climate. John Boos recommends applying John Boos Board Cream (also sold separately) to seal the top of the wood surface after applying the Mystery Oil. A few quick minutes of regular oil application will ensure your new board is properly seasoned, and ready for work! After use, wash board with warm, soapy water (all wooden cutting boards are not dishwasher safe and should not be soaked in water). All John Boos Cutting Boards and John Boos Butcher Blocks carry a 1 year Manufacturer’s warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Since 1887, every genuine John Boos cutting board and butcher block has been proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques. Today, USA made John Boos cutting boards and butcher blocks are used and loved in commercial and home kitchens worldwide.