Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on October 9, 2014
I LOVE John Mayer's music. However, this concert was so badly sound edited, that I couldn't stand watching/listening to it a second time. All you hear throughout the entire concert are girls screaming over the music; drove me crazy!!!! I donated it. Do yourself a favor if you like JM, or if you are just starting to listen to his music and buy his "where the light is" DVD or Blue-ray; that will knock you on your ass it's so good and the sound is fantastic. Don't bother with this.
on June 13, 2017
my ALL TIME favorite John Mayer album!
on October 1, 2004
I'm an avid DVD concert collector. From certain forms of Jazz (Norah Jones to Harry Connick Jr) to Pop (you name it!) to Rap (Linkin' Park). I like music and enjoy watching and listening in general. But I have not experienced anything like this DVD. Take it for what it's worth... because tastes are very personal. Here goes...

I wasn't really a John Mayer fan. I've heard a few of his songs which piqued my interest. At the first viewing, I was half turned off and half amused by his unusual gyrations and facial expressions (like the others who have commented on the same thing). Just looking at his face, it seemed initially that he might have some sort of mental retardation. But since the music was great, I ended up listening to the DVD again... and again... and again! With each re-listening, I always noticed something new. And it is only with re-listening to the DVD that one will get the true essence of John Mayer. After a while, you see past those facial expressions and gyrations. To me now, its just like a pianist swaying back and forth with a slow tune or bobbing his/her head up and down with a fast one. You will notice those expressions/gyrations only occur when he is plucking or strumming out melodies and chords. His voice has great depth. I didn't and couldn't for the life of me make out the lyrics initially. But again they eventually ALL come out! And the lyrics themselves convey many things. So... from getting to know the singer through his monologues, voice and songs, to the wonderful and oftentimes soulful guitar playing (mostly very clean plucking and excellent strumming), to the wonderful overall performance and sound quality, I can't give this DVD anything but 5 stars!
on June 19, 2017
The music sounds good, and production on the DVD was done well. The only complaint I have is that John makes lots of goofy faces and doesn't seem to have the professional stage presence of someone like Harry Connick Jr or Diana Krall.
on February 12, 2003
Boyish good looks go a long way, but its the "from the heart" performance and the buzz of the concert experience that carries John Mayer in his newly released concert DVD. Filmed in Birmingham Alabama on his latest tour, the DVD captures all cool things that make for a great concert... The cheering crowds, the kibbitzing between songs and of course JM's passionate, expressive and sometimes funky performance. Mayer who is known for his introspective lyrics and whispery voice comes through loud and clear in a style that's uniquely his own, but has been often compared to Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. The DVD comes with bonus materials include a behind the scenes look at the concert, an interview with John and a collage of pictures put to his music. This is a MUST OWN for JM fans who I'm sure are all too familiar with his studio recordings. The renditions here carry far more punch and some fun and unexpected alternative lyrics. For hardcore JM fans the audio commentary that runs through the concert gives an added insight to his quasi philosphical, regular guy life. JM fans will absolutely NOT BE DISAPPOINTED and the uninitiated may discover a new passion.
on June 14, 2015
Nice album. The man is a very good musician and a great songwriter. Very sadly, the sound on this album has some sort of weird sequence of control manipulations that have to accomplished before you can actually hear the music. John, get another production company before you lose your whole DVD audience.
on March 15, 2003
To watch the passion of a young artist like John Mayer in " Any Given Thursday" is truely an appreciation of music/ great song writing/ delivery/and pure enjoyment. Is there really a bad song on here....NO... but with all the great songs I still go back to listening to 83 and John talking about his previous life and his brother. This is not one for glitter and glitz on the stage although John does get animated at times which is a plus. And of course "Your body is a Wonderland" will go down as a all time favorite. I did not like his version of this on the Grammys but who am I to judge. I always have a few songs in the am as I go to work if I am not listening to talk radio that get me going and "No Such Thing" will always get you going.. There is no disappointment in this DVD and I highly recommend it for the pure pleasure.. I can't give a 5 because for me "Hell Freezes Over" to this day has set the current benchmark for me. If his career goes continues to go the way of a Don Henley in terms of a songwriter and delivery to "passion" for the delivery... look out.........
on September 7, 2017
Love this dvd .
on April 17, 2017
Beautiful Video.
on February 4, 2003
FOR ALL OF YALL JM FANS OUT THERE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BUY THIS DVD. I was actually at the show and it was spectacular. It was one of the best shows that i have ever seen and I have been to a bunch. Just imagine how excited i was when Guster blew the suprize and told us that it was being recorded for DVD. I knew then that it was going to be a great show and that John would give it his all for us. My ticket stubs will go along with the DVD just great, i can't wait to relive this magical night. The concert was great the seats were great and the date was gorgeous, how much more of a perfect night could i have had?
John is great to listen to but there is nothing that can compare with being there as he puts on a wonderful show. Pelham Alabama, the Oak Mountin AMP. is a wonderful outdoor venue and the temp was just right that day. Even though it did sprinkel a little there was no rain that could have ruined that show. i can't wait to see the DVD and i cant wait to go to another one of his shows. Do yourself a favor and experience this show for yourself, buy the DVD there is no way you could go wrong.