John Wick [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]
Digital Copy +
DVD + Blu-ray + Digital
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A man called John Wick is grieving the loss of his beloved wife; Helen that has recently died of an illness. He goes to her funeral and receives the condolences from his old friend Marcus. At home, John receives a special delivery which is the last gift from his wife, an adorable puppy that becomes his pride and joy. One day, John goes to the gas station in his '69 Mustang and the Russian; Iosef Tarasov asks the price he wants for his car. John advises that the car is not for sale and returns home. During the night, Iosef, who is the son of the powerful Russian mobster Viggo, breaks into John's house with other gangsters and beat John, kill his precious dog, and steal his car. Iosef learns that John Wick was the unbeatable hit man who used to work for his father. Known as the guy you hire to kill the Boogy Man, Iosef soon realizes that he messed with the wrong person. Now, John Wick has lost everything he loved and wants the head of Iosef. Viggo decides to protect his son at any cost ...
Includes Dolby Atmos – Dolby Atmos is a revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experience. With Dolby Atmos enabled receivers and speaker configurations, sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with clarity, richness, detail, and depth. With existing home theater systems, you will get a great surround sound experience.
Top customer reviews
1. This is probably the best action movie of 2014. It's certainly the movie with the highest body count of 2014.
2. It's directed by two guys who, before they made this movie together, were mostly stunt coordinators and stunt doubles for people like Brad Pitt, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Keanu Reeves.
3. Speaking of Keanu Reeves, he's great in this. You see, there is a very specific type of movie in which Keanu excels - action flicks where he moves around a lot and hardly talks. This had to be his dream role.
4. Reeves plays John Wick, a depressed nobody dealing with the loss of his wife. When a few things go wrong, we find out that John isn't exactly a nobody. In fact, he has quite a reputation as an assassin for the Russian mafia.
5. What's fascinating about this film is that this is no street-level gang war stuff. These are all super rich, civilized professionals that move in their own exclusive circles. There are codes to be honored, and rules to be followed.
6. There are some truly great action sequences in the movie. These scenes were clearly inspired by John Woo's Chinese gun-fu classics like "The Killer" and "Hard Boiled".
7. The movie has a sleazy, industrial rock soundtrack which is a great counterpoint to the opulent, cultured environment that the characters live in.
8. Of course, being firmly in the action genre, it also follows those conventions, like bad guys that line up to take on the good guy one by one. And villains that like to tie the good guy up in a chair and give a speech, instead of just killing him. But people do run out of bullets sometimes, so that's a refreshing change.
9. The movie has a wry sense of humor, letting us know that it knows what it is. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and doesn't try to be anything other than a revenge flick that kicks ass. If that's what you're looking for, then you just found it.
Of course, the other side of this is that they're noting the historical role gold has played as money. In fact, as Alan Greenspan has noted (post-Fed), gold is the only real money. So perhaps there will be an unintended consequence here, as Wickians buy their own gold coins as a store of value. And really -- a one ounce gold coin as a cover charge? Wow!
Keanu did an amazing job. Totally believable and I was really on the edge of my seat throughout the entire move. I had to remind myself to breathe.