Digital Copy +
DVD + Blu-ray + Digital
- Low Return Rate: 16% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "john wick"
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
A man called John Wick is grieving the loss of his beloved wife; Helen that has recently died of an illness. He goes to her funeral and receives the condolences from his old friend Marcus. At home, John receives a special delivery which is the last gift from his wife, an adorable puppy that becomes his pride and joy. One day, John goes to the gas station in his '69 Mustang and the Russian; Iosef Tarasov asks the price he wants for his car. John advises that the car is not for sale and returns home. During the night, Iosef, who is the son of the powerful Russian mobster Viggo, breaks into John's house with other gangsters and beat John, kill his precious dog, and steal his car. Iosef learns that John Wick was the unbeatable hit man who used to work for his father. Known as the guy you hire to kill the Boogy Man, Iosef soon realizes that he messed with the wrong person. Now, John Wick has lost everything he loved and wants the head of Iosef. Viggo decides to protect his son at any cost ...
Includes Dolby Atmos – Dolby Atmos is a revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experience. With Dolby Atmos enabled receivers and speaker configurations, sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with clarity, richness, detail, and depth. With existing home theater systems, you will get a great surround sound experience.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. This is probably the best action movie of 2014. It's certainly the movie with the highest body count of 2014.
2. It's directed by two guys who, before they made this movie together, were mostly stunt coordinators and stunt doubles for people like Brad Pitt, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Keanu Reeves.
3. Speaking of Keanu Reeves, he's great in this. You see, there is a very specific type of movie in which Keanu excels - action flicks where he moves around a lot and hardly talks. This had to be his dream role.
4. Reeves plays John Wick, a depressed nobody dealing with the loss of his wife. When a few things go wrong, we find out that John isn't exactly a nobody. In fact, he has quite a reputation as an assassin for the Russian mafia.
5. What's fascinating about this film is that this is no street-level gang war stuff. These are all super rich, civilized professionals that move in their own exclusive circles. There are codes to be honored, and rules to be followed.
6. There are some truly great action sequences in the movie. These scenes were clearly inspired by John Woo's Chinese gun-fu classics like "The Killer" and "Hard Boiled".
7. The movie has a sleazy, industrial rock soundtrack which is a great counterpoint to the opulent, cultured environment that the characters live in.
8. Of course, being firmly in the action genre, it also follows those conventions, like bad guys that line up to take on the good guy one by one. And villains that like to tie the good guy up in a chair and give a speech, instead of just killing him. But people do run out of bullets sometimes, so that's a refreshing change.
9. The movie has a wry sense of humor, letting us know that it knows what it is. It doesn't take itself too seriously, and doesn't try to be anything other than a revenge flick that kicks ass. If that's what you're looking for, then you just found it.
Enough to ask one question: for a man who once killed 3 men with only a f**king pencil, what takes him to long to realize he has a backup pistol in his belt behind his back while he and the Russian punk kid's older brother are hashing it out in the club? Did the fifteen foot drop off the balcony pound some sense into him?
I found it fun, intense, really wished the directors had gone into a little more detail about his background, done a little more character development (like what's that private little hit-man's club all about anyway? Is this what Martin Blank's nemesis played by Dan Ackroyd - Grosse Pointe Blank - had in mind in a parallel comic-book minded universe?),they could have given us more of a glimpse into the characters played by John Leguizamo, for example. There's DEPTH there, briefly flashed upon when he grabs the gun being held to his head and says go ahead and shoot without a scintilla of fear. Who IS this guy and who owns him that he's that fearless in the face of imminent death? And he hits Viggo's kid and answers to Viggo in a tone like he simply said "hey you, get off my lawn" when Viggo could end him in very unpleasant ways, but doesn't.
There are layers upon layers of background, of RESPECT, of rules, a finely crafted code of honor among thieves (killers, dealers, power brokers) one wishes existed in our very own US Congress. Everything looks very finely polished from the outside and the chaos within is managed by contracts, permissions, RULES, honorable men. VERY unlike our US Congress (chaos on the outside, God knows what behind closed doors - or maybe it's the same thing and I'm reaching here for allegory that doesn't exist).
The choreography in the home invasion scenes were amazing. Very detailed but could have been a little better. I thought they were too choreographed where real CQB (and HTH) fighting is uglier, MUCH FASTER and chaotic (having been in more than a handful of bar fights and brawls in my somewhat misspent youth and surviving one home invasion) but (kudos to the director here) not entirely one-sided as John really has to struggle in a few places, but hey, wait a second... night vision gear (especially the cheap Russian stuff) is available just about everywhere and cutting the power before a hit like this isn't just for NAVDEVGRU or other SPECOPS forces anymore. Just how stupid ARE the Russian "mafia" contract killers anyway? Don't they know their target is (DUN-Dun-dun...) JOHN WICK? And he JUST might have a pencil or two lying around?
Every time I make "dinner reservations" in the future I'm going to laugh, at least inwardly.
My favorite scene so far? The guy who played the brother in "Rescue Me" the one from the "Mayhem" insurance commercials, playing Viggo's "consigliere" getting capped. If only more lawyers could wind up like that...
It's a rare action film I find wishing it had been longer, but I could have watched another 30 minutes of John Wick, easily.
I'm really looking forward to a sequel (prequel?). Lot of undiscovered territory there. How DID he kill 3 guys with one pencil?
John is a retired master assassin for the mob and he was the best in the world at his trade. He is called the Boogeyman in some circles as you never see him coming and you stand no chance to stop him.
He is coming after the mobster’s son and nothing can stop him from seeking and getting his revenge.
This is a bloody and violent movie and if you like that style of film then this is one you should own. I purchased the BluRay version with the DVD and also a digital HD movie with it. I downloaded a VUDU HDX and I streamed it to my digital projector. Both the HDX digital movie and the BluRay disc had excellent video and audio.
I liked this film and gave it 5 stars for being entertaining and action filled.
I am glad that I purchased it to add to my video collection.