Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jonas Brothers: Bonus Jonas Edition
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on November 11, 2007
I own this Bonas Jonas Edition CD as well as their earlier released Jonas Brothers CD and I would like to say that this CD is worth the extra money! On the Bonus CD, they have 4 music videos as well as an amazing concert in NYC. On the CD, they have lyrics as well as an amazing picture gallery. These boys are truly talented and will stand the test of time. I am well over the usual expected age range for this group and I am a HUGE fan! They are amazing role models and have equally amazing vocals. I don't care how old you are, you will LOVE this CD!
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2007
The Jonas Brothers are truly going places. With their sophomore album debuting at #5 on the charts, they seriously have created a great fan base. Their latest release "Jonas Brothers: Bonus Jonas Edition" is amazing. I love "S.O.S.", and of course Nick's "Hello Beautiful," he has an amazing vocals, and so does the rest of the band. But back to the product, great for Jonas Brothers fans. Because it includes tons of music videos like "S.O.S.," of course, "Hold On," and more. You'll never want to stop listening and watching this new release. And for parents who have Jonas fans, make sure to get this for your kids, I'm 100% positive they'll LOVE IT!!!!!! For more information on the Jonas Brothers, news, tour dates, photos, and more: Check out [...]
on October 31, 2007
All I have to say is wow! I am a HUGE JB fan and this completed my JB collection..for now anyway. The second I got it, the 2 new songs went straight onto my ipod and the dvd went into my DVD player. I LOVE the music videos especially S.O.S and the concert was sooo good! These boys are one of the most talented groups to come up in a long time. There music is upbeat and inspirational. They combine positive messages with guitar and drums and do it beautifully. Nick's voice is just off the charts and Kevin's guitar talent is in more then I can put into words. Joe's energy on stage will keep you jumping and wanting more. Coming from an 18 year old, you need to BUY this! believe me, you won't regret it!
VINE VOICEon August 28, 2007
Two weeks ago, I noticed that an album from a group I'd never heard of debuted at #5 on Billboard's Hot 200 chart. (I'm finding this happening more and more these days - in Chicago, virtually all that any radio station will play is hip-hop or rap, and I just don't relate.) When something like this happens, I usually do a little background check, just to see who the group or artist is so that I can pretend to be the person I always said I would be 25 years ago: I wouldn't be like my parents; I'd grow with Music as Music itself grew, and would always stay with the current trends. Well, that didn't work quite the way I planned.

I digress.

I looked these guys up, and immediately noticed their "resemblance" to Hanson. Kind of hard not to notice that. As Hanson somewhat recently released a *fantastic* album (Underneath), I thought I'd listen to a few clips from the songs on the Jonas Brothers CD here on Amazon and see what comparisons could be made. I was expecting an interesting and singularly intellectual comparison; what I wasn't expecting was that I would actually like what I heard.

I *really* liked what I heard, so I bought the CD and during my first listen was surprised that I wasn't turned off. I had assumed that I heard their best in those short clips, and would regret spending my money on whole CD. Then I heard the first few chords of Year 3000, and I really took notice. That song hooked me from the second it started to play. I loved it. When I looked up the lyrics, I couldn't help but laugh a bit. They don't make a lot of sense (if any), but it must have been a lot of fun to write.

Going through the CD a second and third time, other songs stuck out, and I realized that this was actually something very special. I don't know who's handling these three guys, but the production values and engineering on the CD is superb.

Songs that have stuck out for me as very, very good are:
- S.O.S.
- Hold On
- That's Just the Way We Roll
- Hello Beautiful
- Still in Love with You
- Year 3000
- Kids of the Future

With the state of music as it is today, I don't know if they'll see the kind of success that I think they deserve. I think that if this had hit the radio in the 80s or 90s, it would have been a HUGE success. We'll see.

About one song: Kids of the Future. That's from the "Meet the Robinsons" soundtrack, and is a rewritten version of Kim Wilde's Kids in America, which was very successful for her in the 80s. It's been covered many, many times, but the Jonas Brothers do it justice.

I hope that their debut CD is re-released. I'd buy it. (And I'm not the target group...so...)
99 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2007
As a young adult, I listen to a lot of different types of music and I do admit to watching items here and there on Disney Channel. One thing I have gotten from watching that channel is learning about the Jonas Brothers. This CD contains many of the songs plus some that have been shown on the Disney Channel. I highly recommend this CD to anyone, young or old, who likes energic music to get them through the day. The Jonas Brothers' CD does exactly that!
on November 1, 2007
This product is amazing! As soon as I received it, I immediately put the dvd in and started watching the amazing concert as I was getting ready for work. The two extra songs on the cd are awesome. The first time I heard Take a Breath, tears filled my eyes. Jonas Brothers are awesome and everyone should get this!!!
on September 28, 2007
This was a long awaited CD for my kids (13 and 10. It has 4 major DISNEY hirs - SOS, Hold On, Year 3000 and Kids of the Future (a remake of Kids in America). Overall good clean fun.)
on September 24, 2007
This CD was selected by our 7 year old. He and his 2-year-old sister really enjoy the upbeat, sing along friendly songs. The themes of the songs are sometimes silly, but this isn't for me. That being said, I do not mind at all having this CD playing incessantly in the CD player. The music is pretty good and it is something we can all enjoy. I highly recommend it for any kids that are looking for something that is just for them, but a little more mature than the "little kid" songs! It is a fun change of pace for all of us.
on September 27, 2007
I purchased this cd for my 6 year old son but find myself listening to it when he is not around. Nice sound. Clean lyrics. I really enjoy it and don't mind my children listening to it.
on August 30, 2007
I first heard the Jonas Brothers at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2006, and while I thought their music was a little "teenybopper" for someone my age to be listening to(I'm 20), it was still catchy. When I heard the boys were coming out with a new album, I could barely wait to get my hands on it - and it has been playing constantly. The boys have definitely matured musically, and while they do have fun on tracks like "That's Just The Way We Roll," their songs have meaning: "Hollywood" and "Hold On." This cd is a must-have - even if you think they are out of your musical taste or age range, their cd is definitely worth listening to.
Favorites: "S.O.S." and "When You Look Me In The Eyes"