Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Jonathan Hobbs
Jonathan Hobbs has been actively involved in the investment industry for the past 15 years. He graduated in Finance and Economics from the University of Cape Town, South Africa in 2006, and he holds the Chartered Financial Analyst ® designation. Jonathan has worked at Morgan Stanley, HSBC, and M&G Investments, where he specialised in valuing complex assets. His articles and market commentary have featured in Cointelegraph, ETF Strategy, and the London City AM.
In 2017, Jonathan left his work in the city to become a full-time entrepreneur, author, and investor. It was then that he founded the Stopsaving.com investment education blog and wrote his first book, 'Stop Saving Start Investing: Ten Simple Rules for Effectively Investing in Funds'. In July that year, Jonathan became fascinated by bitcoin and digital assets. So much so, that by April 2018, he had already written his second book, 'The Crypto Portfolio: a Commonsense Approach to Cryptocurrency Investing'. This led him to consult on the investment strategy for digital asset hedge fund Ecstatus Capital in 2018, before serving as the firm’s chief investment officer for a time. He now independently advises financial institutions on the various nuances of digital asset investing, and has just finished his third book: 'Digital Assets: Your Guide to Investing and Trading in the New Crypto Market'.
Jonathan strongly believes that nobody can predict the future of financial markets. For this reason, he simplifies his approach to investing with basic investment rules and strategies that work well over time. In his personal portfolio, he invests in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, start-up companies, gold, silver, and (of course) crypto. He lives in London with his wife and son.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Whatever happens, it’s safe to say there are risks involved—but with a sensible investment approach, much of those risks can be reduced.
In The Crypto Portfolio, Jonathan Hobbs, CFA, provides an informative guide for cryptocurrency investors of all levels. With his concise and jargon-free style, Hobbs simplifies the complex world of cryptocurrencies and arms you with practical steps to invest in them with less risk.
In this book, you’ll learn:
• Strategies, insights, and the mindset for effective investing—crypto or otherwise.
• How blockchain works, and why it’s such a big deal.
• The inner workings of cryptoassets like Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum and more.
• How to safely store and exchange cryptocurrency.
• Advanced areas of crypto investing, including ICOs and technical analysis.
Don’t get consumed by the crypto hype in the news—nobody can predict the future. Instead, learn how to safely navigate this new, exciting and rapidly evolving asset class with The Crypto Portfolio.
Pick up your copy today by clicking the button at the top of this page!
Stop Saving Start Investing shows how people with no financial background can grow their investments in the years to come with simple investment strategies. Investing in funds is a hands-off way to build wealth over time. Avoid the stress of picking your own stocks. Let the fund managers do all the work so you can get on with more important things in life!
Why invest in funds?
1. Choosing funds is easier than choosing stocks.
2. You can employ the stock picking talents of the best professional fund managers.
3. Funds hold lots of different stocks to diversify your investments.
4. Unlike with stocks, some online investment platforms won’t charge you a fee to buy or sell fund units.
5. You can buy or sell fund units on any working day of the week.
6. You can invest in funds with as little as £100 through most online investment platforms.
7. Through funds, you can own stocks that you wouldn’t normally be able to buy directly. For example, you could own a fund made up of Chinese stocks that are not directly for sale to UK citizens.
This concise book covers everything you need to know to get started on the journey to financial freedom. From fundamentals, like the power of compounded investment returns, to more advanced investment techniques like Value Cost Averaging.
You’ll learn how to find the right funds for your investment portfolio. The ten simple rules for effectively investing in funds will then show you how to manage your portfolio in an effective and automated way.
Take control of your financial future by investing rather than saving your hard-earned money. Stop Saving Start Investing shows you how to simplify your investing without compromising on your investment returns.