Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

The Joneses
Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(5 star). See all 127 reviews
on January 16, 2018
Exactly what I ordered and wanted.
on December 1, 2017
Really great film
on December 20, 2017
Great movie
on April 27, 2011
Many here have left some pretty dismal reviews about this movie, I can understand how someone can look at this film and be bored or think that this wouldn't really happen but when you live in a neighborhood similar to this one the movie does have some bite to it. I thought it was worth watching, entertaining enough to keep me interested. Maybe it was just Demi or David who held my interest? I do know that having lived in that type of neighborhood that there is some bite to this movie. What was difficult for me was looking back after my husband died at the life we had and how hard he worked to give it to me, I can say I miss the really nice things that he made possible for me to have but I would go every day for the rest of my life without anything just to have him back. He died 4 years ago from Cancer. I saw my own family as well as my husbands go through different stages of jealousy as time passed and we moved into Custom Homes, Drove Mercedes, had a Pool and all the things that go with building a Custom Home very similar to the one's in this film. At the end of the day when my husband died his brother and my sister took everything that they could get their hands on, from "all my husband's suits, nice coats etc. even his Brief case, while my sister was stealing all the jewelry, perfume, make up and clothes that they could carry out of the house in addition to what they were shipping to their homes.
They were so jealous that they stooped to stealing. Little do they know all those things are not important when it comes to losing the husband you loved f or 27 years. Greed is a powerful thing. We didn't choose the lifestyle we lived to make a "statement to people we knew" but we earned the nice things we had, and just wanted to enjoy them.

I was expecting the ending to go the way it did in this film to a degree, but not quite as shocking. You gotta know that always trying to keep up with the neighbors might just kill ya. The idea for this movie was a good one. I wonder what ever/who ever the idea actually came from? You do have to wonder at the end of the film if are people employed by a company to do just what this Company was set up to do I'd hate to think that there really are companies that are in business just for this sole reason.
This is a hit you in the gut and make you think movie. We bought it to watch once a year and help us remember how the Rat Race really ends.
It is the best cheap life counseling you can get!
on September 30, 2015
Good movie. I hope this stuff really does not happen!
on September 29, 2015
I Love it
on June 3, 2012
This movie is a fictional story that is not too far from the truth of what we as a society have allowed to be done to us. Less and less human, as Erich Fromm (sociologist) said in his books.
on September 14, 2014
I saw this on TV and found it interesting the first time. Then I saw it on TV again and watched it again, and found it even more interesting what with the nuances I didn't catch the first time. Then it was on TV again and I watched it again. Every time I saw it listed I watched it again. It was on at least once a week for almost two months. Well, the way I figure it, if I watch a movie on TV four or more times, enjoy it as much the fourth time as the first, it's time for me to own it. So I bought it. The acting isn't the greatest, but the story line really is - it makes one think about the old expression "keeping up with the Jonses" and how merchandisers could take advantage of that all-too-human foible.
on September 27, 2010
David Duchovny is brilliant as always. The concept is brilliant and the execution daring. The film is about "all fun until somebody gets hurt" and is a sharp satire on consumer society. This movie is very relevant to 2010.The film is elegantly made by gifted first-time writer and director Derrick Borte.
As the patriarch, heart and conscious of the film, Duchovny does one of his most interesting film work to date. His dry wit has never been better used, he can get a laugh out of a perfectly-timed "Noooooo", but he also digs into this guy's soul and compellingly lays out the emptiness inside. I think David Duchovny is one of the best actor of his generation.

David Duchovny and Demi Moore are perfectly cast as the too-gorgeous-to-be-true Joneses and they have an appealingly sparky chemistry together that works well. Heard and Hollingsworth have strong scenes and there's terrific support from both Glenne Headly and the always-excellent Gary Cole as their envious neighbours.

The Joneses is a hugely enjoyable comedy drama with a brilliant script and terrific performances from Duchovny and Moore. Highly recommended.
By the way, I loved the end.