Joovy Room2 Ultralight Playard Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- The Joovy Room2 Ultralight has 9 square feet of floor space and weighs just over 21 pounds
- Super comfortable memory foam mattress and a Joovy 100% brushed cotton sheet (included)
- Quickly folds in half and it unsnaps back to full size in seconds
- Folds super compact for travel (travel bag included)
- A solid 600D side panel instead of mesh, it acts as a protective curtain against wind, light and noise
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Anyways, the huge advantage of the ultralight is that you don't have to disassemble it to move it. With pretty much every other play yard you at least have to take the bottom mattress out (including the regular joovy room 2). This can be a pain in the butt/back as it involves bending over/getting on your hands and knees to remove various retaining straps and snaps. Then, when you get it set back up you have to refasten everything.
However, with the ultralight you just pull up on the middle handle, push two buttons to collapse the sides, and fold it in half. No messing with little straps or snaps. This makes it an awesome play yard to take out on the back porch to give the baby some outdoor time and then quickly take it back in if it starts raining/etc. It also makes it super easy to move around the house.
There are two disadvantages of the ultralight. One is that it is a smidgen smaller than the regular room2. The second is that its mattress sits directly on the ground, rather than on "legs". This means that, if you have it on a cold basement floor, the heat is more likely to transfer through the mattress. This is why I use the regular joovy room 2 in my basement. It also means that, if you do use the ultralight outside, you shouldn't place it on uneven/rocky ground as the rocks/bumps will be felt through the mattress. The regular joovy would be much more useful in this situation.
It's very nice when completely assembled; however, assembly and disassembly makes the product not worth keeping. I don't have 20 minutes every time I want to assemble and disassemble it. I tried two and sent them both back for the same reason. I bought it thinking it would be great to have at grandparents' houses, but there's no way a grandma would figure this out.
Tricks to Assembly (MUST FOLLOW THIS SEQUENCE):
1. Pull up the middle
2. Snap the straight top rails in place
3. Snap the curved top rails in place
4. Snap all bottom rails in place.
Tricks to Disassembly (MUST FOLLOW THIS SEQUENCE):
1. Gently pull up in middle, which should fold the 2 bottom rails below the straight top rails.
2. Press the button on the straight top rails and gently pull up and then push down to fold.
3. Turn playard on its top and straighten the bottom rails below the curved top rails while messing with the pulley system cord to get the rails to fold. The goal is to fold in the bottom rails below the curved top rails.
4. Flip playard back over so it's on its bottom. Be careful the bottom rails stay folded.
5. The last step is to fold down the curved top rails.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. GOOD LUCK!
- A lot of space! Enough room to play while still being very portable as a travel crib
- Collapses easy! I use it every day (so I can shower) and I can just collapse it to get it out of the way
- It sits on the ground! I am sure there are reasons for having pack n' plays off the ground on stilts, but I bought this specifically because it DOES sit on the ground! Its very sturdy, well made, high rails so kids can't climb out
- The mattress seems very comfortable as a travel mattress!
- Doesn't have the silly changing table on it that a lot of pack n' plays have.
Spacious - Couldn't ask for a more spacious play yard. It's built like a square and I can put a lot of our baby's toys in there.
Storage - There's a large storage pouch on the paneled side for all our essentials.
Paneled Window - This isn't really useful unless we're in the outdoors, but at home, it helps to block out glaring sunlight and filter noise.
Mattress Cover - As advertised, the mattress cover is really soft, almost organic! Love it!
Materials - I love the strength and quality of this play yard. It will last for years and years to come, babies after babies. Lol.
Low lying - Being that it sits on the floor, this play yard will hold up. Even if your child is a jumping jack, it won't be a problem at all. I like knowing there's no floorboard that will collapse when my growing child gets bigger.
Assembly - First time assembly was a nightmare. Hubby and I tried for a long time to set it up. So frustrating. Took awhile to figure out that the manual is FLAWED. The diagram doesn't show a close up picture of the straps. It was illustrated in a way that it looks like we need to pull one strap to straignten the rails, but in actual fact, we need to pull TWO straps TOGETHER with one hand, and using another hand to straighten the rails. We haven't tried collapsing it because the set up had put dreads into us...lol.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thankfully, this item is no longer on the market. DO NOT BUY. DO NOT BUY SECOND-HAND (as I have). DO NOT BORROW. DO NOT CONTEMPLATE BORROWING. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Andrew Dies
This Placard is TERRIBLE! The assembly took me over 45 minutes. The instructions suck.. It's so hard to lift the rails so they lock in place. I had to keep messing with it to work. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Agree with all the other one-star ratings. This thing is incredibly frustrating to set up and break down. Read morePublished 14 months ago by magi discoe
Expensive, big but sits on floor. On floor is drafty for little ones.. and it broke under a year!!!!!Published 18 months ago by TaSandra
great product & great company - had a minor issue & called them -they went over & above any expectation to fix! bought more products since & love themPublished 22 months ago by irene p
After researching several different options for my second son, I purchased the Joovy Room squared and have been very pleased. Read morePublished on December 18, 2013 by GoBigBlue
I've had this play yard for six months now and wanted to love it but I just can't. Assembly is not an issue but I have always had major trouble getting it to fold back up. Read morePublished on September 20, 2013 by CILSG
We broke our first (in a move) and this is my second. I love this playard because it sits on the floor directly (no sagging) and is nice and big and not some outrageous color. Read morePublished on August 16, 2013 by NMN_TX
My kiddo is 8 months old, but is completely off the growth charts. Our older standard-sized Graco was starting to seem cramped. Read morePublished on July 1, 2013 by BenjesBride