Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 2, 2016
I swear that most of the people leaving the one star reviews are just stupid. The handles are not heat proof, the utensils should not be left in a pot which is why they have the stand on them. I have had these for over 4 years and the only (non)issue I have is that if you have a bunch of food caked on the ends the weight will cause the end to drop onto the counter because it's heavier than the handle. This is simple to fix by tapping the end on the pot or pan before you set it on the counter to remove the excess food.
on November 26, 2011
These cooking utensils are so colorful and fun to look at, I fell in love with them at first glance. However having used them for about 2 months now I have noticed the handles are definitely not heat resistant. If you leave them in the pot, the handles will melt and you end up with "scars" where the edge of the pot touches the handle. I've also noticed the edge of the spatula is starting to de-laminate a bit too, which is a big concern as I do not want plastic pieces to end up in the food. As much as I enjoy looking at these I don't think I will continue to use them.
66 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2015
Yeah the set is heat tolerant...except for the coloured part. After 3 years of used, most of those tool have melted enough that I consider buying a new set. It's really sad since it work great, washed "quite" easilly and look great. But for me longevity is a must for this expensive set.
review image
11 comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 16, 2013
I have owned my set now for quite some time and it has held the color and such well from being used quite often. It is quite overpriced, but the standoffs on the bottom of each piece were a selling point, but after quite awhile you learn that is all they were. You end up using a spoon rest/holder, paper towels underneath...etc...just like was used with the old set these replaced. These were a colorful gift and with me I put them to use, but personally I would not have bought these, just way overpriced for the functions they perform in the kitchen and while the standoff is a selling point, it does not really function all that great. So it that doesn't bother you and you are looking for some colorful, expensive additions to your kitchen then this set just might be for you...I have to honestly admit..I do like the colors, it brightens up my kitchen.
on October 27, 2012
This is a beautiful set of utensils for the kitchen. I have been using them for a few weeks now. There are three observations to be made for those like myself who buy online without trying the product in a store.

First, the handles are weighted. If you attempt to leave the utensil on the side of the pan, it may do a somersault out of your pan onto the floor taking with it whatever you may be cooking. You can avoid this through a change of habit in use of these utensils as compared to traditional utensils.

Second caveat, the spaghetti utensil. The combination of the oversized drain hole in the center and the widely spaced teeth make it hard to retrieve any standard size spaghetti from a pan. The spaghetti simply slips through the hole or off the tines. I had to revert to my standby spaghetti utensil.

Third and finally, currently you cannot buy the carousel holder separately. So you may wish to consider the set which comes with the carousel. I did not realize this and was trying to save the extra $10. Instead, I went to the hardware store and purchased a set of clear suction cups with hooks which I attached to the back of my stove counter (mine it tile) and that works very well for me.

Other than these three considerations, a fine set which is also aesthetically pleasing.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 27, 2015
We love the Joseph Joseph Utensils! They are substantial without being too heavy and since they have a little stand unless you have managed to get that stand messy as well you don't get your mess everywhere if you choose to place them on the counter or appliance.They are colorful and are offered in a variety of choices/sizes, sets or singles. So you can have as many or as few of any certain one as you might like. Of course the biggest plus is that they don't scratch or gouge your the finish on your pans. The only problem I have had with these is that they like to disappear at public events, but of course that has nothing to do with the product....oh wait, maybe it does. They are so good everyone wants them but it would be nice if everyone would actually buy their own, right! I would purchase again and recommend to anyone interested in good utensils!
on February 12, 2014
I have owned these utensils for over a year now and still love them! The bright colors are a great boost to a boring kitchen and they haven't failed me thus far. They aren't very heavy and do indeed stay upright when placed on the counter. If you don't tap off heavy amounts of sauce/water/etc a few drops will come off the utensil when placed down (that's just gravity!) but if you do tap off a little it won't drip - as for my experiences! Another thing I love about these utensils is the easiness to clean. Nothing sticks on them to the point where you have to scrub them for long periods of time to get leftovers off. They are dishwasher safe, too! I'm not sure if anyone has commented on this yet - but even if you do place the utensil in the pot/pan and lean the colored handle on the side of the pot/pan it DOES NOT melt. So many times in the past my utensils have melted when left against the hot pot/pan - but these do not. Great product and highly recommended.
on February 8, 2015
- Attractive:They are fun, colorful and cute.
- Good quality: Thus far, the utensils seem to be strong, not flimsy like a lot of plastic utensils.

- Odd shape / size: All of the shapes are a little "off" compared to traditionally cooking utensils, and they are much smaller than the OXO stainless steel utensils I have. They are simply not effective shapes / sizes.
- Gimmick-y: I knew this was probably the case when I purchased them. The elevation nub is cute on a box, but it's really just silly. They still drip on the counter. And my counters are clean, so just keeping them off of the surface isn't really useful for me.
- Horrible value: These utensils are simply not worth the price tag associated with them.
on July 18, 2014
I bought this item a year ago and LOVED them, 5 star quality for sure... Unfortunately, over the 4th of July camping a lost 2 of the utensils, so after 10 days of not finding them or any of our friends finding them, I ordered another set. I just got my 2nd set yesterday and I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The company has changed the materials they used to make them and my set honestly feels like a knock off of my old set. I will still use them, because I like the way they look and everything, I'm just saddened that after only a year Joseph Joseph has diminished their quality of product. I can easily feel and see the difference between pieces of my two sets.

It has now been 9 months since i ordered the 2nd set (the one of less quality) and my old set (the ones i still have) are holding up much better!!! 4 of the 6 from the second set are falling apart the colored part and the top part all pealed apart.. i am extremely disappointed.. ive had the bottom fall off while cooking into the pot. But the ones from my first set are still in perfect condition. I wish i had never lost a few from the original set so i could have avoided getting the cheaply made second set for good!
on March 21, 2016
I have had these over 3 months now, so have used them a lot. I love, love, love them!! The idea of the rest so that your counter stays clean is just genius! The handles are not too big and not too small; they fit my hand nicely and are comfortable to hold while cooking. I like that there are a variety of tools in this set and I use every single one. They are easy to clean; I have hand-washed them and have also put them into my dishwasher with success. Buy this, you won't be disappointed!