Dr. Joe offers FREE Self-Coaching advice on his website and daily blog: www.selfcoaching.net / Twitter @SelfCoaching101 / facebook www.facebook.com/selfcoaching
He's run four New York City Marathons, hunts dinosaur bones in Wyoming, and practices yoga and meditation. Dr. Joe Luciani lives the life he wants...but it wasn't always this way.
Years of struggle with anxiety and self-doubt led to a career in psychology with the hope of finding relief. And that relief came with the discovery that anxiety and depression, if treated as habits rather than as mental illnesses, can be dealt with simply and directly without endlessly having to dissect the "whys" of the past. As with someone trying to quit smoking, you don't have to know why you took that first cigarette--you simply have to chip away at the here-and-now habits (doubts, fears, and negative thinking) of today.
If you too want to connect with the joys of life, then you need to know what you're doing that feeds your problems and what you can do to starve them instead. Self-Coaching--it's as simple as that.
Dr. Joe has been a practicing clinical psychologist for more than thirty-five years. He's the internationally best-selling author of the Self-Coaching series of books, published in nine languages. He's written articles and been featured in numerous national magazines and newspapers, including O, The Oprah Magazine, Redbook, USA Today, Fitness, Health, Shape, and Body and Soul. He appears frequently on national TV, radio, and the Internet.
Dr. Joe's books are available in bookstores and on Amazon, in print, audio, Kindle, and as e-books:
* Thin From Within: The Powerful Self-Coaching Program for Permanent Weight Loss
* Self-Coaching: The Powerful Program to Beat Anxiety and Depression (completely revised and updated second edition)
* The Power of Self-Coaching: The Five Essential Steps to Creating the Life You Want
* Reconnecting: A Self-Coaching Solution to Revive Your Love Life
* Self-Coaching: How to Heal Anxiety and Depression
* Healing Your Habits: A Successful Technique for Overcoming Addictive Problems