- Series: Bulletins of the Royal Tropical Institute (Book 384)
- Paperback: 120 pages
- Publisher: KIT Publishers; Pap/DVD edition (March 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9068326988
- ISBN-13: 978-9068326987
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.2 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,570,483 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Josephine Powell (1919-2007): Traveller, Photographer, Collector in the Muslim World (Bulletins of the Royal Tropical Institute) Paperback – March, 2009
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
This is not a review of the actual contents of the book, and I know it's all my fault for not reading the description closely. I fell in love with Josephine Powell reading a NY Times feature article and couldn't order this book fast enough.
For $35 I imagined a nice hardbound coffee table book of photographs and text.
I waited with baited breath..........
Today it arrived, and I opened the package to discover that for $35, I was holding a flimsy 9"x6" softbound booklet!
Okay Okay, so it was my enthusiasm that made me careless. Amazon is innocent. The book is probably fabulous, it's just that it doesn't meet my personal quality/dollar standard.
I hope this helps in case others have the same want-more-bang-for-their-buck mentality.