Josh's Frogs Rice Flour Beetle Culture (16 oz)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Virtually maintenance-free culturing
- Nice back-up/alternate food source for small frogs
- Larva is nutritious & delicious to pets
- Josh's Frogs CANNOT guarantee live arrival when shipping in extreme temperatures (below 20 degrees F and above 85 degrees F). See additional info in product description below
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The confused rice flour beetle (Tribolium confusum) is an easy to culture, convenient food source for poison dart frogs, bumble bee toads, fish, and other small animals that enjoy smaller food items. Rice flour beetles are cultures in a media consisting mainly of flour, and take some time to start producing. When rice flour beetles do, rice flour beetles are very easy to maintain, and can go months without any upkeep, making rice flour beetles an ideal 'special treat' or 'backup feeder' if you run out of other feeder insects. Adult rice flour beetles are capable of emitting an unpleasant tasting chemical when threatened, making them unpalitable to many animals. Rice flour beetle larvae, however, are very nutritious and palitable, and most poison dart frogs, bumble bee toads, fish, and other small animals will eat rice flour beetle larvae with relish. Rice flour beetle larvae are harvested from the media with a rice flour beetle sifter.
For more information about Rice Flour Beetles' culture, care, life cycle, and how to feed them to your pet, please visit our Rice Flour Beetle Care Guides. If you are wanting to culture Rice Flour Beetles at home, please consider Josh's Frogs Rice Flour Beetle Culture Kit.