- Age Range: 9 - 12 years
- Grade Level: 4 - 7
- Series: Lightning Road
- Paperback: 278 pages
- Publisher: Month9Books, LLC (August 30, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0996890491
- ISBN-13: 978-0996890496
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.7 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,793,770 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Joshua and the Arrow Realm (Lightning Road) Paperback – August 30, 2016
|New from||Used from|
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I was excited to read Joshua and the Arrow Realm after reading the first book in the series, Joshua and the Lightning Road a couple years ago. I like that this was a continuation of an exciting story, but that it could also be enjoyed on its own. Charlie is a fun character. I loved his French phrases and nicknames for others. Joshua is growing up and it was nice to see him feeling more confident, even if he doesn't always realize it. I like the new characters that were introduced, and I hope to meet up with some of them again in the next book. The other realm has a lot of interesting parts to it, and seeing the way the gods and goddesses act is fascinating. This is a great book for kids in 4th grade and up who love mythology and stories with lots of action. I read this in one day, so it's full of page turning adventures- but there are sad parts too. I know there will be more for Joshua to do, and I look forward to the next book in the series.
From the first chapter I felt like I was on a roller coaster never knowing when the next twist or turn would happen. You can’t get off, nor do you want to. Joshua is faced again with who he is and how he belongs. Just what is his destiny? He just wants to be a normal kid… but he also knows it’s not possible if what some people are saying is true. He is the one who can bring peace to both this new world and his own… the oracle.
You could jump right into this one as the past adventure is explained throughout, but you’d miss out on the world building and character arc so gracefully laid out. I’m highly anticipating the next road Joshua travels.
FIVE THINGS TO LIKE ABOUT JOSHUA AND THE ARROW REALM by Donna Galanti
1. I hear the same word from kids describing books they do not like. “Boring” is not something that could ever be uttered about Joshua’s tale. It’s smart, gripping, and one thrilling ride.
2. French speaking Charlie is the perfect friend for Joshua as they both embark on this adventure. Charlie speaks in honest terms no matter what danger lies ahead.
3. Family is an important element throughout. Joshua is not sure who his father is or if he has a sibling. Are they even alive? They mystery will continue.
4. Joshua internal thoughts about his abilities are portrayed in a believable way. He’s scared and curious at the same time. Very typical of an early teen.
5. High stakes for sure. There’s a world he doesn’t fully understand, near death at every turn, and trapped children Joshua must save. The entire experience will have your heart racing.
Twelve year old Joshua and his friend Charlie were having a great time sledding…until the Lightning Road brought the Mystery Girl. Who is she and what does she want?
Joshua and Charlie are not ordinary kids. They are older than their years and have traveled to magical realms, battling evil. Joshua is able to talk to animals. Nifty talent to have that comes in very handy.
Now…they are off on another adventure, taking the Lightning Road back to Nostos to save their friend, Sam, the King.
They will travel through trees that come alive and could stomp you into a pancake, battle birdzilla with razor sharp claws, cadmean beasts with red eyes, and fire breathing foxes.
They eat some odd food…dried squirrel mash and ache cakes…MMM, yummy.
Magical lands and fantastic characters, myths and legends, the Gods and Olympians, the Oracle and Joshua. Is he the one to make things right? Others believe it is so.
I am excited to be back in Donna Galanti’s magical world of adventure, friendship and loyalty. The main characters stand tall as they race through the pages proving time and again that together they can accomplish what seems impossible.
I received an ARC of Joshua and the Arrow Realm from Donna Galanti in return for an honest review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
"This book has a creative plot and the characters are unique.Read more