From the Author
Simply put, I'm offering up nearlyninety percent of my short and one act plays to the public free of royalty fortheatrical performances, under certain conditions. It's true; you can produceany play in this book, FOR FREE, under the right circumstances. You don't haveto pay a royalty or even write to ask my permission, you can simply justproduce the play, as long the production meets the following conditions:
1) It's astudent or college production of less than 30 performances.
2) It'san independent showcase where no one else gets paid and a run of less than 30performances.
3) Bottomline, if it's a short run and no one else gets paid, I don't need to get paid.If it's a longer run at a professional theatre and the actors, stage managersand stagehands are getting paid, then I expect to get paid, too.
There are requirements, which areas follows:
1) Anyprogram or publicity that features the title of the produced play must alsofeature my name as the author. More on that later.
2) Don'trewrite it or change the text. You want to improvise, join an improv group. Youwant to do my play, then you must do it as it's written (there are someexceptions, which are noted in the individual play notes following each.)
3) Lessthan 30 performances by the same company in a single calendar year.
And that's it, that's The JoshuaJames Project.
I'm putting nearly all my work out there for you, theindependent theatre artist. You want to produce a play in this collection for a fewnights at your theatre? Go ahead, with my blessing. If goes well, recommend the book to a friend, that's all I ask.