What authors are saying about Joss the Seven
What Amazon reviewers are saying about Joss the Seven
- "Soundly crafted and well-paced, this is a story that'll keep you turning pages late into the night." author Marc Secchia (best-selling MG/YA fantasy author)
- "One of the best fantasy books I've read in the last few years!" author Lia London
- "Never a dull moment! Believable characters, tons of fantastic action, and teeth clenching suspense."
- "...this one was un-put-downable!"
- "This is a very well written, intricately plotted, and fast paced adventure that's not just for kids. I read it in one sitting and before I was finished I purchased the sequel."
- "I started reading it to see if it's ok for my 9-year-old son; I finished in one day because I was riveted."
- "My 10 year old son really loved this book... His 24 year old cousin picked up the book while we were on vacation and couldn't put it down."
- "Horne has found the perfect balance of solid yet interesting writing... His story telling is masterful."
- "Loved this book. The author is really amazing."
- "A real heart stopper, the climb to the climax will leave you breathless."
About the Author
J. Philip Horne probably shouldn't be alive. Born in Florida, he grew up overseas for the most part, spending much of his childhood in Liberia and Micronesia. During those years, he experienced numerous attempts on his life. The wannabe killers included malaria, spinal meningitis, blood poisoning, a staph infection in his heel bone, a close encounter with a green mamba, and other cold-hearted foes.
From his earliest years, his parents read to him fantastical stories from wonderful worlds. Narnia and Middle Earth featured prominently, and had his youth been a generation later, he would have certainly encountered Hogwarts at a young age. Through his teen years he read stories by many other authors and experienced a host of new worlds.
After dabbling in writing for many years, he finally got serious and wrote his first novel in 2011. He has continued to write ever since. He currently lives in Dallas, Texas with his wife, four children, two dogs, two rabbits, and several literary aspirations. For news of upcoming works, please join Mr. Horne's email list at jphiliphorne.com or visit him at facebook.com/jphiliphorne.