Libros en Español STEM GNO

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on September 6, 2014
The ultimate guide to finance, hands down. If personal finance is a house, this is the foundation. This should be the first book you read on your journey to financial independence. The information is very palatable while still entertaining. I can not recommend this book enough for anyone interested in personal finance. It can help everyone from the teenager working minimum wage to the newlywed couple all the way to the established professional. If you read one book on your road to building wealth, make it the Complete Personal Finance Guidebook. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on March 16, 2017
This is a great book for anyone looking for an easy read with a lot of valuable information. I appreciate a book that tackles personal finance without much complex financial jargon. I'm a layman who is happy to have read this book.
on February 8, 2013
As a college student, one of my required classes is a Personal Finance course. And also being a college student, I'm often finding myself scrapping up my loose change in order to get myself through the next week or so. This book is really helpful in showing you how you spend money on things you don't need (Opdyke references daily newspapers as a waste of money for many Americas, considering how little people actually tend to read them). If you actually do what Opdyke says, there's no reason you can't save some money each month.
on March 17, 2015
As a soon to be college graduate, this was a great introduction to personal finance. It is quite comprehensive and has a lot of great, practical advice. This is, however, a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of books. It gives a good overview of all pertinent subjects, but to truly understand and apply any one subject will require more research. It wasn't as dry as you would assume; there were some decent jokes and jabs thrown in to make it an easy read. I would say the biggest issue with this book is the fact that it is a bit out-dated; it was published in 2005. As of this writing (Spring 2015) some of the advice isn't relevant due to extremely low interest rates. Once rates go back up, then it will reflect the market a bit better. Overall great read and I would recommend it to anyone who is about to enter the work force or has very little of personal finance. If it makes a difference to anyone, this book was recommended to me by my friend's dad who has a PhD in economics.
on September 27, 2016
I read this alongside several other personal finance books, I felt that the author did a good job of presenting the ideas without dumbing things down. I highlighted many areas for future reference.
on December 17, 2015
Great for the nuts and bolts of so many real life issues that we face. It recently worked as a great reference when I was studying up on the most importance aspects to consider when purchasing a home. This is a good one to have in your home library!
on March 13, 2017
as describe, great reading
on August 18, 2014
This book is only informational as a dictionary of terms, in my opinion it does not give any guidance on how to set up and maintain your personal finances. Have read 3/4 of it, perhaps the last 1/4 will be better. Purchased new for college student, there must be better info somewhere.
on November 6, 2015
Super cool book.

As I'm being non-native american it sometimes not easy to read finance books. But this one is very different. I completely understood everything that was in this book. Very easy very helpful.
Would suggest it for everyone who graduated rom college and ready to start adult life.

cons: this book published on 2006, so some data in it may be outdated. For instance author suggest Microsoft Money to keep track of debts and credits, but Microsoft Money was discontinued in 2010.

Other then that all information is very easy to understand and useful.
on February 11, 2008
One of my friend recommended this book. In a week I finished the book. As the book states, it does not come with some super ideas (hard or impossible to implement), instead it gives some helpful hints on many different subjects.
Especially after reading about "Debts" (bad debts), I reconsidered my credit cards and paid (not closed) 2 of them right away, I noticed I was paying huge amount of interest. The book paid itself in the first couple days.
And of course my 410K: I will try to invest more in that one, the facts about pre-tax issues were very helpful.