Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5 reviews
on June 16, 2012
When I bought this book, I was too distraught to read it immediately. I am so glad I got to it.

I was keenly interested in the plans that the Spitzer governorship accomplished, those which unfortunately were left unrealized.

I am glad that the author did not indulge in vapid mind reading, but made some down to earth statements while keeping a civilized and contemplative tone that made the book worth reading. We so seldom hear a genuine voice from political figures. These guys are normal, and have empathy. I was glad I read it, and i found striking the statement that Spitzer shorn of his hubris was the governor we deserved. I wish he had not resigned, his behavior was self destructive and seems motivated by shame.

I came away having gained insight into politics that in this case did not seem based on kowtowing to lobbyists.

I got a dark view of some of Cuomo's associates that sounded pretty plausible.

There is one issue that was never mentioned and it is of burning importance for the welfare of us all. Indian Point must be closed. And I was thunderstruck that it was nowhere mentioned as part of the agenda. It is our only reactor. Other states must shut theirs as well. This is the only one we New Yorkers have o control. So that was my disappointment - not with the book, but with the lack of firm policy.

Do read it. I hope we hear from both these men again.. They are smart, and have consciences. Hopefully Governor Spitzer remains chastened and less impulsive.

Live
on March 21, 2010
I own a Kindle and I was exactly 80 per cent through with this book until Spitzer's affair was brought up! Having said that, had the first eighty per cent of the book not been so boring I could have accepted that! If the reader wants to hear about the legislation ( ad nauseum ) passed or not passed by the Spitzer administration then go for it - otherwise, skip this book and buy the back issues of the National Enquirer.
Actually, very little was said about much of anything. I feel the author was trying to legitimize his own actions. He might be a successful lawyer but he needs to stick to the practice of law and give up on writing.
on May 16, 2010
I bought this book to learn about a great man but only got useless information from a boring political hack. Save yourself the time to read about the author and his puffed ego.