Truck Season Automotive HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

"Star Wars" Journey Through Space (DK Readers Level 2)
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$34.99+ $3.99 shipping

on September 28, 2010
My son is 7 and an average to below average reader. Most of his trouble is with guessing words by the first few letters instead of reading. I bought him a handful of these Star Wars DK readers because he loves Star Wars. He loves reading them. He can read most of the words, but I do have to help him with some. He doesn't get frustrated, though, because it's a book he really wants to read! He read them over and over. Part of me doesn't want him reading on just one topic, especially something that encourages him to want more toys and stuff, but I'd rather he read something that is interesting to him to build up his confidence. DK readers are my favorite reading series, they are very well done.
5 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2014
We keep over 100 books on our grandsons shelves at any one time. He enjoys reading about 3-5 books per night and we have done this since he was very young. You never know which book they will enjoy most and when he grows out of them we pass them to family and friends.
on November 17, 2010
After I could not find any books with content that my son was into in the stores, I found this on Amazon. It's great to find a book that's on his level AND keeps his interest. I get tired of the predictable and boring little boy with his puppy dog books, or animal books, which are reading level 2. My son even took this book to his second grade class for his teacher to read to the class. Good price too!
2 people found this helpful
on August 24, 2014
Pretty decent little book. Pictures are interesting. Great price.
on March 2, 2014
I bought these for our grandson who loves Star Wars. He didn't have any readers. I love that DK Readers have different levels. It makes it easy to choice the right level for the children.
on April 15, 2008
My 7 year old grandson is a huge Star Wars fan. He loves these books. They seem to be written on a level where he can read by himself with some help from me. The illustrations are great and the stories are just long enough to hold his interest.
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2009
This was a gift to my 6-year old grandson. He loves the book!

Marilyn Fitzgerald
Carlsbad, CA
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2008
The release of Star Wars books for young people has always been related to a theatrical promotion. In a world that has a seen all six films, a new wave of DK Readers is much appreciated. It gives us comfort that even though the movies are finished, the Star Wars experience isn't completely 'done.' "Journey Through Space" isn't actually about space travel. It's about the places one can travel to in the Star Wars universe. It offers a tour of the major planets of the saga. The tour includes visits to the most obvious planets like Corusant, Naboo, and Tatooine. In addition, the books takes the reader to Geonosis, Dagobah and Kashyyyk. The scope is actually broader than planets per se since it includes the forested moons of Endor and Yavin 4. Most locations include a text box that shares a tid-bit of Star Wars trivia. The scope includes the entire saga. The illustrations were mostly lifted from all six films with some additional stills from the Lucas archives. While the pictures are high quality, the writing is also good. This new series has books for most levels of elementary readers. Given that most destinations earn a two page spread with about three sentences, this title is best suited to readers on a second grade level. "Journey Through Space" offers an exciting bibilographic tour of the galaxy's most interesting places.
8 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2009
My son loves this book he has read it at least 15 times and even took it to show and tell.
One person found this helpful