Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Journey Untold Memoir Self Help: Twisted Love: My Mother's Struggle with Mental Illness (Volume 1)
|Price:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Award Winning & Best Selling Memoir - Journey Untold My Mother's Struggle with Mental Illness: Twisted Love - Memoir as a teen living on an island with the challenges of depression and self coping with her mom living with schizophrenia
- AUTOGRAPH COPY - Written from the perspective as a young teenager living in the United States Virgin Islands with her mother living with undiagnosed depression that went untreated due to lack of resources causing the illness to progress into paranoid schizophrenia. Mental Illness is not openly discussed in the islands and within minority communities, due to the shame and ridicule towards mental illness
- As as a teen, Yassin was bullied everyday for 15 years for no other reason than her mother had an illness that no one understood. No one wonders or asks the children/family members what's going through their minds. How do the children cope with no professional services readily available?
- As an innocent child so oblivious and confused about her mother's condition, she knew her mother walked the streets, lived with multiple personalities, paranoid of germs to the point her mother starts bathing in rubbing alcohol, showed signs of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, heard multiple voices and made up her own language. Best Selling Author Yassin Hall shares her inspiring, emotional, motivating, heart wrenching, page turning success story.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
How did teen Yassin take charge of her own mind to overcome the obstacles and struggles she encountered? Does she survive and escape from her mother's attempt to end her teenage life? Yassin is using her 100% unapologetic words to express what her mother's secret unknown illness did to her and for her. This memoir offers a message to the voiceless teens and adults who are also living with the family members living with a mental illness. There is hope that you too can pick up the pieces. You can make LIFEMADE out of lemons! This is a must read book for teens or those parenting teens who are looking for inspiration on coping, offering hope and not letting the turmoils of their young life stop them being a successful individual. Yassin empowers young teens and encourages hope, showing them that they are not alone and recovery is possible. This trans-formative book grips readers from the beginning and takes you on an emotional ride through the eyes of a child as she matures into womanhood. Journey Untold will make you laugh, make you cry, and most importantly spark a conversation about how people can cope with life’s challenges. If you witnessed friends/family members suffer with mental illness GET this book! If you know someone with any of the 16 forms of mental illness GET this book! If you suffer or knows someone that suffers with teen depression GET this book! If you were sexually assaulted GET this book! If you were a young teenage parent GET this book! If you were/are a victim of domestic abuse GET this book! ˃˃˃ Do you need motivation? Dealing with mental illness, depression, sexual assault, domestic abuse, divorce and life struggles, be inspired to keep on going and becoming a success. Scroll up and grab a copy today.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|