Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Travel Accessories Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 160 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 193 reviews
on October 19, 2012
After losing the Swiss Army knife I'd carried for five years, I bought this on a whim. For under $10, I wasn't expecting much; I just wanted something to do the job until I had time to do research into a better multi-tool comparable to the SAK. Now I doubt I'll need to buy another one, at least for a while.

The Journey's Edge has a solid feel and nice weight. All the "functions" work as expected. The smooth-edge blade and scissors are both sharper than anticipated. After a quick run through a simple blade sharpener, the smooth blade is as sharp as that on my Swiss Army.

Unlike others, I've had no troubles with the flashlight. Upon unscrewing the bulb, I do notice a bit of paper inside the shaft, but removing it seems unnecessary, as it works fine. (In fact, given reports of the shaft being too wide for the batteries to sit properly, I'm inclined to leave the paper in.) I'm not particularly thrilled with the fact that I have to essentially unscrew the bulb slightly to get it to turn off, but as long as one unscrews it just enough to turn it off, there's no risk of losing the bulb end/tip that I can see.

I bought mine directly from Amazon, and it complete with box and instructions/guide.

My only complaint (other than the gripe above) about this knife/tool is that one has to lift the flashlight up in order to access the scissors. A minor design flaw, but a slightly irksome one, given how often I'll end up using the scissors.

Overall, a fantastic multitool for the price. I may eventually replace it with a more expensive multitool, but I'm in no hurry to do so.
on March 8, 2017
I had one of these before, but lost them. I had to try to find the exact same knife, and found them here. The little flashlight sets it apart. If you want a great multi-function knife, I'd give it a try.
on March 5, 2017
Super cool and versatile for the price. I'm a woman working in a bad part of town and having this helps me feel safe and is the perfect tool for a busy person. The flashlight is what makes it unique, bright LED that is easier to handle when looking under a car hood rather than using an iphone flashlight. Great buy!
on July 3, 2016
This product was defective right out of the package. The magnet that holds the ball marker fell out and the spike tool bent the first time is was used. Granted this only cost $10 but at a minimum it should be intact upon arrival. And it was a birthday gift so it was embarrassing when the recipient opened it and it literally fell apart...oh well live and learn. Won't buy from them again.
on September 7, 2015
it seems good for what i paid, $7.99,i bought 2 of them,flashlight worked perfectly,people getting the flashlight not working maybe got expired batteries or remember to twist the cap clockwise to turn on.well about the tools it seems good and strong made,the tool is heavy and well made.still i need time to check it out well,what causes me my attention is the advice of product " containing lead and mercury,please wash your hand after usage" i don't know if this is for the first time or u always has to remember wash ur hand after every usage.so i don't know what to think about this i hope others users could talk about this a little.
on December 21, 2015
It is a OK product for its price. The tools are good in doing basic stuff, like opening packages' duck tape, opening envelopes, and small cartons etc. The knife is a little sharper than a butter knife, and so are the scissors and other tools - not for real cutting purposes.
It has a screw driver which is pretty much useless because the tool length is short.
The LED is bright and lights up when opened. It can be good gift for kids who want to have one, but should not be sharp.
The steel casing is really lousy and just popped out on second day of usage.
on December 23, 2016
Fast shipping arrived undamaged its perfect small portable and easy to use come with a flash light screw drive a pretty Sharpe knife some scissors and a bottle open as well as a mini saw and much more the perfect object for hiking camping or personal use
on August 8, 2016
I bought two of these--one each for my go-bag and my wife's. I own a Swiss Army Knife with similar features, but wanted a couple of far less expensive multi-function knives to leave (hopefully unused) for years in our go-bags. It has all the functions we need for emergency evac, and appears to be reasonably durable, especially for the price. My rating is based on my initial inspection of the knife and not on actual experience in use.
on August 10, 2015
This tool does what it's designed to do, but be aware it's designed to do it in an affordable way, so manage your expectations. It's tight, sharp, and the features appear to be very solid in a well-built tool, but the materials are a bit "bendy" so I wouldn't recommend putting it through any torture tests or you're likely to bend, warp, twist or break things. I have one for each glove box and one for each first aid kit - these are excellent multi-tools for basic tasks, and will certainly perform well in an emergency too.
on August 11, 2015
My son and daughter saved up there money to buy a pocket knife like a friend has. When they saw that they could buy a knife with so many tools on it for the same price as the name branded 3 tool knife, they were super excited! As soon as they got it they started working the tools, and they have loosened up some since arriving at our house. The belt loop on one of the cases as broken as my son carried the case in his hand by the loop. (Kids are hard on everything!) Otherwise, this has been a nice pocket knife for them.