The Joy Factory SmartSuit2 Ultra Slim Leather Snap On Case with Wake Up/Sleep Cover for iPad2 - Black (AAD119)
|Price:||$44.73 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra slim case, only 9.5mm, envelops your iPad2 in elegant synthetic black or white silver leather, without added bulkiness
- Wake up your iPad2 or put it to sleep instantly, just open or close the case
- Hard case snaps on to the back of your iPad2, covering all four edges to prevent scratches and ware
- Stand up right for video viewing and lays flat for easy typing
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I was concerned that the bare metal back of the iPad could lead to it slipping on some surfaces and the Smartsuit2 allays this fear. I find it gives the right amount of grip on any surface to hold steady and it feels good and secure in my hand when I carry it.
The front cover folds back flat on mine, unlike what other reviewers report. The magnets also seem adequately strong. Perhaps the Joy Factory has made some modifications in production.
This is by far the best case I have found after much searching. Also one of the best looking. Highly recommend.
- It covers the back and front of the iPad
- It has openings for all the ports and back camera
- The design of the cover doesn't allow it to slip from your hands easily
- The back cover is strong enough to withstand strong falls
- The front cover supports wake up and sleep functions
- The front cover can be folded to form a stand for the iPad
- The front cover cannot be folded completely all the way back similar to Apple's smart cover. If you want to hold it like a notebook, the fold is a little annoying.
Functionality (cover works exactly like smart cover with sleep/wake and how it can be used as a stand)
Design (looks good and allows easy access to all buttons, ports and camera. Uses a softer material for the part that touches the ipad screen)
Weight (noticeable weight gain over a naked ipad or one in a stm skinny case). If the extra weight ends up meaning better durability and better protection, then this might be a good thing in the long run.
Cover doesn't fold flat against the back of the case
I'd highly recommend this case, especially if you don't mind a little extra weight.
I have had this case since March and just now really making it a point to write a review because the one major thing that really gripes me about case keeps happening over and over again and I just need to "vent" and also let others know about this issue.
This case has the ability of being propped up (sideways only). You can put it in a sideways standing position or a reclined position to be able to type or read. The problem is that it doesn't stay that way! When it's in the sideways standing position, it ends up toppling over and it's non too stable as it waddles. In the sideways reclined position, if you can even get it to that position, it ends up sliding out of its position and eventually it's laying flat. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to roll it this way and that or square the cover but to no avail.
I am looking for a new cover. Anyone have any good suggestions?
I have the black one. I also have an Invisible Shield screen protector installed. Much to my dismay, whatever "dye" is used on the inside front cover bleeds into the shield. I bought the case in Sept. and within a few weeks, black stripes corresponding to the fold lines started appearing on the shield. I tried various ways of cleaning and even tried contacting both Zagg and Joy Factory. No luck.
It's not a show stopper as in most cases when there is something on the screen you don't notice it...but over time, it seems to darken. So in Dec, I figured enough time had passed for the dye to marinate, and I installed another shield. It was wonderful again...for about three weeks, and the stain is back. Not as bad as the first time...but back. This time I registered with Zagg, so I may try yet another shield eventually.
As I said, this case is wonderful IMO except for this.
If you don't use Zagg shield, then disregard that part.
Things I like about it:
1. Design. Does not obstruct the iPad bezel with ugly leather or plastic like some other popular cases. From the front, when opened, this case does not take away from the iPad's aesthetics at all. The case is also really thin and, in my opinion, actually enhances the iPad's design.
2. High quality overall. I was slightly worried about this before receiving the case because I had never heard of Joy Factory before, but all of the materials feel premium and build quality is excellent. The automatic smart cover feature works flawlessly, and when you make the flap into a stand, it is very stable, unlike with some other cases. The back plate snaps on the iPad firmly and securely without the need for ugly straps and hinges.
3. Attention to detail. I really love how the designers paid a lot attention to even small details of the case, like the conic camera recess, back plate plastic edges etc. Really well designed all around.
4. Good protection. Overall, protects the iPad very well.
Things I don't like so much:
1. Preferably, I wouldn't have the "JOY" logo on the front of the case. It should have been smaller, at least.
2. The magnet is adequately strong, but it would have been even better had it been stronger.
Despite these two small gripes, I am highly satisfied with the case, and think that it fully warrants a five-star rating.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent product. Ipad looks very professional using it. I have around 2 years using it and it still looks and works like first dayPublished 21 months ago by Pablo A.
I read a bunch of reviews on iPad covers and this one came out as a top performer. It is exactly as expected. No complaints.Published on March 29, 2013 by CMZ
As I tend to do, I researched iPad covers extensively before buying. This is the one that I ended up with and I was not disappointed. Read morePublished on February 19, 2013 by Me
In use over a year now and still looks new. Holding up very well and keeps good care of the iPad.Published on January 9, 2013 by Thos
Purchased three of them. Works great, easy to use and protected the iPad. Have already told others to buy the same cover.Published on January 6, 2013 by SRM
The case fits snugly and does a great job of protecting the iPad
It looks nice and doesn't add too much bulk
The stand doesn't work for upright... Read more
This is actually the second SmartSuit2 case I've purchased in the past 10 months. I bought the first one for my father who had gotten an Apple Smart Cover with his iPad2. Read morePublished on October 10, 2012 by JRShuart
Love this cover! It has a classy finish and provides great protection. Only reason I gave 4 stars is because the front does not bend back completely, though is not a big problem. Read morePublished on September 23, 2012 by PPB