Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Joyce Chen 26-0013, Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $40.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Joyce Chen 26-0013, Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch
|Price:||$25.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-tier bamboo steamer; designed by famous restaurateur Joyce Chen
- 2 stackable baskets made of woven bamboo; domed lid traps moisture
- Designed for use inside a wok or over a stockpot; ideal for dim sum
- Leverages steam cooking to produce healthy foods; avoids fats and grease
- Measures 10 inches in diameter; gift-boxed; hand wash with water
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Joyce Chen opened her first restaurant in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1958. She found that the selection and quality of Chinese cookware in America didn't live up to her high standards… so she developed her own. Today, Joyce Chen Products sources from all over the Pacific Rim to bring the best of Asia to you. This 10" steamer is two-tiered to enable you to steam twice as much in the same amount of time. Made of 100% bamboo, a renewable resource. Gift-boxed.Cooking with Steam
Steaming, next to stir-frying, is one of the oldest and most important cooking methods in Chinese cuisine. The Chinese use steam to cook everything from breads to soups to dumplings to seafood. The absorption of steam creates a hot container so the food cooks quickly. Steaming has grown in popularity in Western cuisine for its ease, health benefits and energy-saving efficiency. Steam cooking ¡s a very healthy way to cook because it basically requires no added oils or fats. Steaming also cooks the food in a moist, even heat so food doesn’t thy out Although you can‘t bum food in a steamer you can over cook it. The most traditional Chinese steamer is made from bamboo. Bamboo is actually a grass that is plentiful and grows quickly. the bamboo steamers are handmade of natural bamboo and are constructed for strength and durability. The bamboo lid absorbs the condensation from steaming so water droplets won‘t fall on the food you are steaming. The bamboo steamers are attractive enough to be brought directly to the table for serving and food will stay warm in a covered steamer up to half an hour.
Care and Cleaning
Before first use; rinse and brush steamer thoroughly.After use, rinse and brush with warm water to remove any food particles and allow to air dry. Avoid using soap as the fragrance from the soap may be absorbed into the bamboo. Store the steamer in a well ventilated location.
1.Place food in a heat-safe bowl or plate or place directly in the bamboo steamer trays and cover with lid.If using a bowl or plate, be sure it is small enough to allow at least 1" on the sides for steam to freely circulate. Do not let the lid touch foods. Always use a plate when steaming fish so you can retain the juice to be used on rice.
2. For efficient steaming; be sure lid is securely in place to prevent steam from escaping.
3. Place steamer in a large wok or pan with just enough water so that the bottom rim of the steamer tray rests in the water. Be careful not to allow water to boil up into the food when steaming.
4. Steam over medium high or high heat from time indicated in recipe.Check water level periodically during cooking and add more boiling water as necessary until food Is cooked. Never let the water boil completely away.
5. When done, turn heat off. Steamer is very hot. Remove lid by opening away from face. Wait a few seconds to allow steam to escape. Transfer food to platter or serve directly from steamer, for convenience, you may steam different ingredients on each tier for a whole meal in one steamer.
Note: If you steam using both tiers, remember that the lower for the tier which is closer to the boiling water will cook faster. Either put foods that require longer cooking time on the bottom or start the bottom tier first and then add the second tier later.
6. For easier handling after each use, allow the parts to cool and dry before reassembling. Bamboo Over time, the parts may fit differently as when new due to the handmade nature of this product and the natural bamboo itself which expands and contracts with steam and moisture absorption.
Compare to similar items
This item Joyce Chen 26-0013, Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||DOMU Brands LLC||Amazon.com||Delighted Chef||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.2 x 10.7 x 7 in||11 x 11 x 0.3 in||10.5 x 6.7 x 10.7 in||10 x 10 x 7.5 in||8 x 8 x 6.5 in||10.3 x 10.5 x 6.6 in|
|Material Type||Bamboo||Aluminum||Bamboo||Bamboo||Bamboo; stainless steel||Bamboo|
Top customer reviews
I doubt this could be a health risk, however, it certainly doesn't appear sanitary and it calls into question the quality of materials being used.
I have steamed broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, salmon, and beef in it. They all turned out awesome.
-Easy (I put whatever I want
-Quick (Cook times range from 5-20 minutes. Veggies are done in 5-8, and the salmon was even done at 10.)
-Heatlhy (Steaming retains more nutrients than boiling or microwaving)
-Great tasting (I thought people were just mouthing off, but the vegetables were noticeably better tasting, and I kid you not, the salmon was the best I've ever had!)
-Probably won't last a long time (For the price though, it's really not an issue)
-You have to line the trays (I prefer to use big leaves of lettuce, but I have also used wax paper, and even put the salmon in on a small plate)
10 inches isn't that big when you want to steam a whole meal for 2 people and still leave room for the steam to escape around the edges. However, this size fits my pan, and they are stackable, so I'm going to buy another set to double the trays!
I wish it came with a recipe book or steam times because sometimes I'm not sure how long to cook things.
Before cooking your meats/veggies, try rolling them in butter or oil and experiment with different herbs.
My favorite thing to do is to use broth instead of water in the pan, it adds some extra flavor. You can also throw other things in like garlic cloves or onions.
I don’t think that a product that cost that much should break so quickly/easily!
I really am getting tired of mail order items being rejects because you can't look at the item you just bought. Why do Companies think it's okay to screw over the customer just because it's mail order?
- High quality. These steamers feel sturdy and well constructed.
- Cooks fast. Asparagus takes less than 5 minutes to steam on high heat.
- Comes with 3 levels for steaming multiple items at once
1. Fill a pot about 1/4 of the way with water (make sure the water level isn't high enough to touch the steamers or boil over) and turn it on medium high to high heat.
2. Place the steamers over the opening of the pot.
3. Place food in the steamer, cover, and wait.
I've used many steamers in the past that were nowhere near as good as this one. I highly recommend this product!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.