Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Joyce Chen 26-0013, Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch" and save 44% off the $40.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Joyce Chen 26-0013, Bamboo Steamer Set, 10-inch
- Low Return Rate: 31% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "joyce chen bamboo steamer"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$20.94 (51%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-tier bamboo steamer; designed by famous restaurateur Joyce Chen
- 2 stackable baskets made of woven bamboo; domed lid traps moisture
- Designed for use inside a wok or over a stockpot; ideal for dim sum
- Leverages steam cooking to produce healthy foods; avoids fats and grease
- Measures 10 inches in diameter; gift-boxed; hand wash with water
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Helen’s Asian Kitchen Steaming Ring for 10-Inch Steamers, 11-Inches
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Steamer with Extendable Handle
Norpro Deluxe 3-Piece Bamboo Steamer Set
2018 SPECIAL EDITION! NEW AMAZINGLY DURABLE 10 IN. Bamboo Steamer/Stainless Steel Rim/Bamboo Baskets/Asian Steamer/Free Mesh Storage Bag
Trademark Innovations 3 Piece Bamboo Steamer, Standard, Tan
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Ichiban-Japan||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Delighted Chef||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.2 x 10.7 x 7 in||11 x 11 x 0.3 in||5 x 7 x 6.25 in||10.3 x 10.5 x 6.6 in||6.5 x 10 x 10 in||10 x 10 x 6.5 in|
|Material Type||Bamboo||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Bamboo||Bamboo||Bamboo|
Joyce Chen opened her first restaurant in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1958. She found that the selection and quality of Chinese cookware in America didn't live up to her high standards… so she developed her own. Today, Joyce Chen Products sources from all over the Pacific Rim to bring the best of Asia to you. This 10" steamer is two-tiered to enable you to steam twice as much in the same amount of time. Made of 100% bamboo, a renewable resource. Gift-boxed.Cooking with Steam
Steaming, next to stir-frying, is one of the oldest and most important cooking methods in Chinese cuisine. The Chinese use steam to cook everything from breads to soups to dumplings to seafood. The absorption of steam creates a hot container so the food cooks quickly. Steaming has grown in popularity in Western cuisine for its ease, health benefits and energy-saving efficiency. Steam cooking ¡s a very healthy way to cook because it basically requires no added oils or fats. Steaming also cooks the food in a moist, even heat so food doesn’t thy out Although you can‘t bum food in a steamer you can over cook it. The most traditional Chinese steamer is made from bamboo. Bamboo is actually a grass that is plentiful and grows quickly. the bamboo steamers are handmade of natural bamboo and are constructed for strength and durability. The bamboo lid absorbs the condensation from steaming so water droplets won‘t fall on the food you are steaming. The bamboo steamers are attractive enough to be brought directly to the table for serving and food will stay warm in a covered steamer up to half an hour.
Care and Cleaning
Before first use; rinse and brush steamer thoroughly.After use, rinse and brush with warm water to remove any food particles and allow to air dry. Avoid using soap as the fragrance from the soap may be absorbed into the bamboo. Store the steamer in a well ventilated location.
1.Place food in a heat-safe bowl or plate or place directly in the bamboo steamer trays and cover with lid.If using a bowl or plate, be sure it is small enough to allow at least 1" on the sides for steam to freely circulate. Do not let the lid touch foods. Always use a plate when steaming fish so you can retain the juice to be used on rice.
2. For efficient steaming; be sure lid is securely in place to prevent steam from escaping.
3. Place steamer in a large wok or pan with just enough water so that the bottom rim of the steamer tray rests in the water. Be careful not to allow water to boil up into the food when steaming.
4. Steam over medium high or high heat from time indicated in recipe.Check water level periodically during cooking and add more boiling water as necessary until food Is cooked. Never let the water boil completely away.
5. When done, turn heat off. Steamer is very hot. Remove lid by opening away from face. Wait a few seconds to allow steam to escape. Transfer food to platter or serve directly from steamer, for convenience, you may steam different ingredients on each tier for a whole meal in one steamer.
Note: If you steam using both tiers, remember that the lower for the tier which is closer to the boiling water will cook faster. Either put foods that require longer cooking time on the bottom or start the bottom tier first and then add the second tier later.
6. For easier handling after each use, allow the parts to cool and dry before reassembling. Bamboo Over time, the parts may fit differently as when new due to the handmade nature of this product and the natural bamboo itself which expands and contracts with steam and moisture absorption.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have steamed broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, salmon, and beef in it. They all turned out awesome.
-Easy (I put whatever I want
-Quick (Cook times range from 5-20 minutes. Veggies are done in 5-8, and the salmon was even done at 10.)
-Heatlhy (Steaming retains more nutrients than boiling or microwaving)
-Great tasting (I thought people were just mouthing off, but the vegetables were noticeably better tasting, and I kid you not, the salmon was the best I've ever had!)
-Probably won't last a long time (For the price though, it's really not an issue)
-You have to line the trays (I prefer to use big leaves of lettuce, but I have also used wax paper, and even put the salmon in on a small plate)
10 inches isn't that big when you want to steam a whole meal for 2 people and still leave room for the steam to escape around the edges. However, this size fits my pan, and they are stackable, so I'm going to buy another set to double the trays!
I wish it came with a recipe book or steam times because sometimes I'm not sure how long to cook things.
Before cooking your meats/veggies, try rolling them in butter or oil and experiment with different herbs.
My favorite thing to do is to use broth instead of water in the pan, it adds some extra flavor. You can also throw other things in like garlic cloves or onions.
I don’t think that a product that cost that much should break so quickly/easily!
16 June 2017
I originally purchased this steamer in August 2016.
Since then I've had this steamer replaced three times, the last replacement lasted but 4 1/2 weeks.
It's always the same problem, the lid parts keep unraveling.
I've had bamboo steamers in the past lasting 7 - 10 years. This Joyce Chen steamers last but less than six months at most.