Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Joyce Chen 26-0054, 3-Tier Chinese Steamer, 6-Quart” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 71% off the $119.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Joyce Chen 26-0054, 3-Tier Chinese Steamer, 6-Quart
|Price:||$55.39 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6-Quart base pan doubles as a stock pot
- All stainless steel construction
- Soft Grip coated handles
- Tempered glass lid
- Soft grip handles make each piece easy to lift and transport and protect your hands from heat
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Joyce Chen 26-0054, 3-Tier Chinese Steamer, 6-Quart
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Innovative World||Appliatech|
|Item Dimensions||10.6 x 10.1 x 11.5 in||8.8 x 8.8 x 7.8 in||8.5 x 12 x 12 in||8.1 x 12.8 x 12 in||9 x 13 x 12 in||12.25 x 8.75 x 9 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
This dutiful 3-tier stainless-steel cookware is a family-size steamer, a stock pot, a colander and it's built to last a lifetime. The 6 quart pot has an encapsulated aluminum clad bottom for quick and even heating. The two perforated steamer iserts are stainless steel too. Has a tempered glass lid and all handles have soft grip coating. Steam large foods or entire meals, and the stainless steel design is better than bamboo steamers because it won't wear out. Since steaming requires no oil, it's wonderful for todays fat-free diets, steaming also retains foods natural vitamins and minerals.
Top customer reviews
1) I wanted a steamer. I did not want to boil my food and let the nutrients seep out, unless making a stew. Did not want to fry my food with greasy oils. This heats up real fast; it starts to have significant steam on medium setting on an electric range after a few minutes. But, it also depends on how much water is used, how many trays are stacked, and how much food is inside.
2) The reviews about the shattering glass lid was a really big concern for me, but I haven't seen any damage on mine thus far. Haven't observed any unusual wear and tear or staining.
2) The size seems about right for my purposes. Any bigger and it would be a big large for my electric range, and any smaller would limit how much I could cook at one time. I usually cook 3-4 meals worth of vegetables and meat at one time, although, what constitutes the size of a meal is different for everyone. I can fit 3 pounds of frozen vegetables in 1 tray with no problem, by piling it up on the edges and leaving the holes in the center uncovered. Sometimes I get up to 3.5 pounds, but it starts to cover up more holes, taking more time to cook. I can put about 3 small slabs of pork chops or chicken breast in a tray. If they are larger, or if I squeeze in a 4th one, the holes also start to get covered up.
3) If you're using 2 trays at the same time, you need to leave the bottom one with more open holes, or less steam gets to the top tray. I try to cook 3-4 meals at once, so my solution was to buy circular stainless steel steamer disks with 3 V-shaped legs. I can stack 2 of them inside the pot and still have an original tray on top. But I also had to bend the legs so they would be slightly shorter. Since the disks leave a large gap around their circumference to the walls of the pot, they do not obstruct the path of the steam very much. Now it's like being able to steam 2 full levels, on top, and 2 more smaller levels inside.
4) Steaming meats sometimes leaves this layer of runoff protein or fat that sticks to the stainless steel. If you let it dry too long, it takes some work to clean. The holes also cause sponges to wear down faster, if I scrub too hard.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.