Joyce Chen 30-0043, Bamboo Table Chopsticks, 9-inch, 10-Pairs
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.14. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Burnished, honey-colored bamboo
- Won't swell or absorb water
- Handwashing recommended
- Ten pairs of table chopsticks
- Balanced to fit comfortably in your hand
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Joyce Chen 30-0043, Bamboo Table Chopsticks, 9-inch, 10-Pairs
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Mannice||CiboWares Restaurant and Hospitality Products||Amazon.com||L&Y||AusKit|
|Color||Honey||Color1||Brown||Brown||Khaki||Pack of 10 -Primary Colour|
This Burnished Bamboo Chopstick Set comes with 10-pair of 9-Inch Burnished Bamboo Chopsticks. Even if you're just throwing together some take-out or throwing a party, these chopsticks add flair to your meal. Each pair is balanced to fit comfortably in your hand. Functional and attractive, they're a timeless addition for sushi lovers and Asian food epicures. Chopsticks is essential for eating Chinese, Japanese and Korean food.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The characters wear off almost immediately once you start washing them, but we have been using these pretty frequently for the past five months, and they have not splintered, hold up well, etc.
These are very basic reusable chopsticks, so if you are looking for fancier ones, look elsewhere. For your money, you get a LOT of them, though, and they are surprisingly of good quality. We use them several times a week, so the little characters wore off extremely quickly for us. If you only use them very occasionally, they probably would last longer. (When washing them, I also admittedly scrub pretty rigorously all over them to ensure they are super clean, so that most certainly plays a part as to why the characters wore off fast for us.)
Like some of the other reviewers, I also grew up on these chopsticks. When i moved to college my parents gave me a handful of theirs (which were these), so I'm STILL living on these. Unfortunately, these DO warp after a long time use. Mine are much darker in color and many are now not completely straight so that sometimes it's harder to pick stuff up (but not that big of a deal for anyone who are used to using chopsticks). It might just be how I took care of them tho (which is I never took care of them). I often leave them in the sink or in a pot of water after I use them, and it would be like 20-30 min before i get back to washing them and leaving them to air dry. I'm pretty sure that leaving bamboo/wood chopsticks in a pot of water will mess it up over time LOL. So yeah, i think the warping might actually be my own fault. XD
- Well made for the price ($1!!)
- unlike cheapie one-time use chopsticks, these are smooth (no splinters!!) and are wider square shaped (no tiny little chopsticks that i can barely hold!), and easy to grip in large or small hands.
- reusable (they're really not meant to be 1 time use chopsticks!)
- the tips are NOT needle thin! I hate those, can't freakin pick up anything. These are a little thicker so it's easier to pick things up
- Despite the general smoothness, these chopsticks also have a bit of roughness to it so that things don't slide off (remember those times you lost patience and stabbed a piece of meat/veggie/whatever? Well with Japanese/korean metal/lacquered chopsticks everything just slides right off. These have enough friction that things don't slide off as easily!)
- price - even at the $6.xx pricetag, they're cheap enough that even if you lost a few sticks or they warp after a few years, it's not a big deal to replace
- they do warp overtime (but we're talking about over years rather than over months, and I kinda blame myself for the warping lol)
- the red lettering starts to flake off after the first washing (but honestly i don't really want them there anyway, so this really belongs in the pro.)
Honestly these are my favorite chopsticks and I will buy them over and over again, and I will buy them for my kids when they move away, and I will continue to buy them as long as they sell these!!!! I literally feel like they're a piece of my childhood right there LOL
By the way, after reading some of the reviews I see that people treat these chopsticks like disposable restaurant ones. Don't be fooled by their outward appearance, they are highly durable. My last set lasted through 20+ years of regular use and cleanings in the dish washer. Yes, the red characters will fade away, but who cares.
UPDATE: I got my new set and they matched the old ones perfectly. You can use one of each when eating and not even tell they aren't from the same set. Sorry, but I'm really passionate about these chopsticks!
This item arrived on-time and is your typical bamboo chopsticks with Chinese writings and washed it with dishwasher soap before using.
I recommend this brand and will re-buy these bamboo chopsticks when needed and other Joyce Chen brand stuff.
I thought "burnished" meant a really smooth polished surface.
If these chopsticks were burnished, then someone fell asleep on the job.
These chopsticks feel like the disposable type, and I've even found splinters on some.