Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Joyce Chen 33-2013 Burnished Bamboo Rice Paddle, 9-Inch
Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1 PACK|Change

on February 23, 2017
It's a decent paddle, but what in the world were they thinking putting that label on the back with industrial glue? There is already an easy-to-remove label attached to the handle - couldn't it have been slightly larger to preclude two labels? The goo may come off with goo-gone or gasoline and a torch. But I ordered a lot of these and I don't have the time to mess with it. They'll probably end up in the trash. Very frustrating.

Yes, I'm aware of all the tips for removing difficult product labels. You'd have to see the glue used on these to believe it. Normal removal tactics just move the goo around into unappetizing booger shapes.
7 people found this helpful
on November 24, 2016
I bought two nice burnished paddles that I think will work just fine for sushi making. However, there were paper product description labels stuck to each paddle that would not peel off. I soaked the paper off, but the glue stayed. Neither further soaking in hot water nor soap did any good. The food scraper didn't work. A tough scrub pad did nothing but move the sticky glob of glue around. I tried alcohol and finally finger nail polish. Nothing touched it. My last resort was to sand the glue off. I bought two paddles and it probably took close to an hour to get the glue from the labels removed. The problem is, I am still not certain there isn't glue left in the wood grain of the paddles. These paddles would warrant four or five stars, based on their design and finish, but someone in this company's marketing department has soured any sense of goodwill I might otherwise have for Joyce Chen products. Such a shame.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 24, 2013
Ordered this for a rice serving spoon to go with my non-stick Rice cooker. The spoon is great.. however a sticker placed in the middle of the spoon takes some of the finish off when removed. Dead center of the spoon paddle. I've removed one star for that. There is no need for that sticker to be placed there by the manufacturer.
11 people found this helpful
on April 27, 2013
I bought this rice paddle to replace the plastic one that came with my rice cooker. The bamboo holds up to heat and hand washing without cracking or warping. I only wish that the handle was a bit shorter, which would make it easier to get into the corners of my rice cooker. The reason for the 4 star rating is that a sticker was attached to the handle which left a lot of residue upon removal. I didn't want to soak the paddle and risk warping, so I resorted to goo-gone followed by a thorough wash.
26 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on April 17, 2017
the rice paddle works fine, the sticky was hard to removed. now the spot has a different color
review image
4 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2018
When I read another review saying that they took the barcode sticker off the back of the spoon and there was a hole underneath, I thought surely it was a fluke. But then the same thing happened to me! It makes me wonder if they are all that way, but I’m not reordering just to find out.

Returned for refund.
review imagereview image
on June 3, 2014
I believe that this manufacturer listened to the complaints.
I received my J.C. Bamboo rice paddle today and the sticker came off easily
and no residue was felt or seen.
I love the paddle - I was afraid it would be too thick, but it is no thicker
Than my old plastic paddle. I love that it is dishwasher safe.
19 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Bought a couple of these. One for home kitchen use, and one for camp cooking. The one for camp cooking I flattened and shaped at the tip for use as a good scraper/turner/stirrer in camp pots, insuring things don't burn or stick to the bottom considering the less-than-ideal camp cooking gear. The paddle is short, light, yet strong, so a good addition to any camping or backpacking cook-set.
2 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2018
I have no idea how well the paddle works, since I didn't even try.
It came with a tag glued to the middle. After spending 5 minutes trying to wash it off with warm water and dishwasher detergent, it still felt sticky and yucky. I thought the only way for me to remove all residual of glue is to use sandpaper. At that point, I decided I am not going to waste any more time on this. This item is going back.
review imagereview image
on July 8, 2015
We make sushi all the time and I was sick of our plastic spoons accidentaly melting due to be too close to the oven or even the rice maker. We store our sushi rice in a wooden bowl so we wanted to match as well. Kinda silly but I am a bit OCD.

It's the perfect size and it's strong enough that it won't bend when pushing around a ton of rice. The handle does not warm up when you leave it in the hot pot either.

My wife says she loves the feel and she just likes it. Was very happy that I got it for her
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.