Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ju-Ju-Be Packabe Diaper Bag, Blue Bouquet
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on February 27, 2010
I really wanted to *love* this diaper bag but I think I only like it. It is a good size and easy to clean, and is not uncomfortable to wear. Things do seem to get lost in the bottom of the big part (the black hole syndrome I guess)and when carrying the back like a backpack and it is not completely full, the bag seems to fold in half. It's not a big deal but annoying to me. The front pockets are also not the easiest to get into. Overall though it's ok but not worth the price to me.
on February 15, 2011
I have 3 children: 4, 2 and an infant. I have gone through 2 backpack diaper bags that have essentially fallen apart on me. I HAVE to be hands free and hate messenger bags slung across my chest since they slide off my hips and smack my kids in the head when I lean over to help them. I tend to 'overpack' feeling more confident running around all day long when I'm prepared for every eventuality.

The features I most like:
The amount of pockets - I will need to carry around 4 water bottles/sipee's/bottles where ever I go for my large family, and most bags won't fit that much. I like the amount it will fit for the size it is - I can fit 4 containers of snacks, my 4 water bottles, my wallet, diapers and change of clothes and it still isn't bursting at the seams. For me at 5'11" its very comfortable on my back and I don't feel a need to have padded straps.I like that the main section zips in the center so you can leave it partially open and not sorry about things spilling out. I didn't go with the BFF because the zipper was more in the front instead of the top of the bag. Makes it easier to get what you want when its sitting on the floor too.

Frustrations:
It really needs a top grab handle - I'm thinking of using caribiner clips to hold it in backpack form since I rarely use the messenger feature and that way I can just grab the padded top section when I need to chuck it in the car - I'll see how this works.

Side bottle holders - I wish they were a bit higher since I often am carrying around 2 25oz bottles on the outside and have to make sure I shove them as far down as they'll go.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with this bag - I purchased it in the brown/blue combo (which the brown is much darker than shown here on Amazon) and am pleased. The real test will be to see how long it lasts.
on July 29, 2012
I do not like this bag get the Ju Ju Be Be Prepared or the BFF if you want a backpack. This is a black hole and you can't see anything inside because you pile stuff on top of each other. The other 2 bags I mentioned are the best diaper bags on the market right now not only because they are washable which is awesome but also because the whole side of each bag opens up all the way because they have gusseted pockets. I don't think there are any other bags like that on the market. So you can see absolutely everything in them and have everything organized next to each other not on top of each other and you do not really have to take anything out to get to things. You can even "work out of the bag" such as when you are feeding the baby mixing formula, or changing the baby. You never have to take things out and put them on nasty public surfaces at airports, stores ect. That to me is a MUST! I refuse to put wipes, diapers, or burp cloths or anything that comes in contact with the baby on any public surface so you can have all that stuff laid out in the bag. It is the best! I think that is a must in a diaper bag to be able to have everything you need visible and organized like that. I absolutely love the BFF for everyday use (little smaller but still big) and the Be Prepared for travel or if you are going to be out all day because it is huge! You cannot go wrong with those 2. I think they are a must! I think everyone in the world who has a baby needs to order both of these! Hahaaaa! The BFF has straps like a backpack but you can take them off so very versatile. I would not recommend this bag (PackaBe) because of the black-hole issue and also the mommy pockets are too small or rather flat so nothing bulky fits in them. If you have a bulky wallet or larger tube of lotion or something or a lot of keys forget it they will barely fit and take up the whole pocket each. OH AND ONE OTHER IMPORTANT THING the PackaBe will not just stand on its own its too narrow so falls over so you can't lay things on top like wipes when you are trying to change the baby. Trust me you need the other 2 bags!
on March 12, 2011
I give this two different ratings - 3 stars without the padded straps (that you have to buy separately) and 4 stars with them.

I bought my Packabe in Lush Paisley.

The Positives-

- It's absolutely lovely. Let's face it, diaper bags have come a long way from the ugly things our mothers used to carry, but they still can be big eye sores and JuJube bags are beautiful. IMO, photos don't the colors justice. The patterns are vivid yet sophisticated. I get people complementing me on mine all the time, and when I tell them it's a diaper bag, they are almost always shocked.
- It has oodles of space, is very cleanable and a zillion compartments.
- It's durable
- It's super cleanable (machine washable but also very easy to surface clean)
- For what you get, the price can be really decent if you look in the right places. I usually like to spend $30-50 on my bags, but it's impossible to find a bag like this in that price range. You can find good deals on Amazon (and other places...including Divas, Dudes and Dolls who is a seller here). The retail currently is $120, but I've seen it as low as $90 (there's also the Pink Room or Craigslist if you want to really save money and are open to buying a used bag).

All that said, if you are petite or have/will have (as some of us do after birth) back pain, go to a store, fill it up, and *try it* before investing. A lot of people love these bags, but one thing JuJube fails at is ergonomics. Their straps are horrible on many of their bags (I own 3 different types)! They slip easy and/or dig into your skin if the bags are large or filled up. I particularly had a lot of problems with this bag after birth as I have narrow shoulders (it has to be snug or it falls off or gives me uber backpain). They could also stand to make the back of the bag padded...but I digress.

I was sad to give up on mine for a while. I really wanted to love it, because it has so much going for it. However, it kept digging into my shoulders to the point of putting my arms asleep (and I was not wearing it super tight or overfilling it). I put it away and switched to an InBetween (which isn't perfect either as the strap slips like crazy, but at least it doesn't kill my arms and back).

Well, we are starting into potty learning so I have a lot more things to carry again (ex- extra clothes, training pants, a portable potty, etc...), and I needed a big bag again. I considered selling the Packabe so I could find and buy a different big bag, but on a whim I invested in the padded straps. I'm so glad I did! They make wearing it a completely different experience for me. No arm pain or back pain (bc I can wear it snug). I'm very happy with my bag now. :)
on March 31, 2011
The irritating part of having a shoulder strap diaper bag is that when you have a winter jacket on it slides and you have a bag and a baby hanging from your arms. So I thought this would change it. Nope! Still slides!!!
on December 3, 2012
I really enjoy this diaper bag. The only problem is where the straps connect at the bottom of the diaper bag. The pouch that holds the changing pad has scrunched up making the back sit uneven. If there were a little more reinforcement where the straps attach on the bottom, I would have rated this 5 stars.
on January 19, 2010
I had just a cheap diaper bag from Walmart before I got my Ju Ju Be Packabe. My sister-in-law got one first and highly recommended it so I decided to splurge and get it. Best decision EVER! It holds every thing my old one did (and more) but is more COMPACT. Its weird and I'm not quite sure how it works, but it does. I LOVE the backpack to shoulder back feature. I love that it keeps my bottles cold in the side pockets. i LOVE the mommy pocket-my stuff used to just be tossed in with all the baby's stuff making it hard to find. Its a FABULOUS diaper bag! I'm SOLD! I can't wait to try it out with 2 kids, we're having our 2nd in 4 months.
on February 15, 2012
I had a backpack for my first child and was looking for something that would accomodate gear for both kids but would also be easy to use. This bag definitely fit the bill in terms of room. The two front pockets are a decent size, but I think the main compartment may be too large. I seem to find things in the bag that I didn't realize were there becasue things go to the bottom and you never see them again until you clean the bag out. I think if it had two medium-size compartments then you could separate toys and food from clothes and diapers and everything would be easier to find. Just a thought. The side pockets really can only hold a bottle and that's it. I like having smaller pockets for items that I need to have easy access to: car keys, pacifier, tissues, cellphone. I've tried slipping these things in the side pockets and they inevitably fall out when the bag tips over- as it always does...which brings me to the awkward part. The bag is pretty heavy when it's empty, which is fine. But when you put your own items (makeup, pens, wallet, snacks) into the bag's two front pockets, it very quickly turns into a front-heavy monstrosity that does not stand up straight which makes it near impossible to get anything out of the lower front pocket, even when the bag is in your lap. I've even tried NOT putting anything in those pockets and the bag still keeps falling forward. It's annoying especially when you are trying to tuck it out of the way. This bag needs to be propped up against a wall as if it was drunk. It will NOT stand up on its own. It doesn't even fit in the baskets under the stroller or carriage. And forget about going food shopping with this bag. It takes up a quarter of the cart! This bag is like having another child with you. The other awkward part is the backpack, which was my primary reason for buying this bag. The straps get twisted very easily if you try to use it as both a shoulder bag and a pack. I find I don't even use the backpack feature because it is so cumbersome and uncomfortable. Yet, on my shoulder, due to the front-heaviness of it, it is constantly falling off. I have used it for 8 long months only because it cost so much and I didn't want to feel like I was wasting my money. I am looking for another backpack and will probably just get one from a sporting goods store.
I give it 3 stars for durability, style and cleanliness. If you want something that is easy to use and is very portable, look elsewhere. This bag is not good for an active family, unless you have an extra car seat and stroller.
on April 25, 2012
THIS BAG CAME TODAY, AND I WAS SO EXCITED FOR IT TO COME! IT IS BY FAR THE BEST DIAPER BAG ON THE MARKET. THE FABRIC IS WELL MADE, AND HAS A NICE SHEEN NOT A PLASTIC FEEL, THE INNER LINER IS BRIGHT SO I CAN SEE WHATS IN IT. POCKETS!! LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM. WE REALLY LOVE THE CONVERTIBLE STRAPS ON IT, YOU CAN WEAR IT AS A CROSS OVER BAG, OR BACKPACK. I AM A TALL PERSON, AND THE STRAPS GIVE ME PLENTY OF ROOM TO MESS AROUND TO FIND THE RIGHT FIT. ALL AROUND THIS IS A GREAT BAG! PRACTICAL AND STYLISH. I CAN CARRY IT AND NOT FEEL THAT I AM CARRYING AROUND A DIAPER BAG. ALSO ONE THING THAT I COULD DO TO IMPROVE IT... I WOULD ADD AN EXTRA SMALL HANDLE AT THE TOP THE PACK, SO WHEN IN THE CAR IF THE STRAP IS FULLY EXTENDED, YOU COULD STILL PICK UP THE BAG WITH A GOOD GRIP AT THE TOP. AT THIS POINT, WE GRAB IT BY THE TOP FABRIC. THE DETALE ON THIS IS SO CUTE TOO.
on February 3, 2012
I bought this bag to have a replacement for my classic shoulder diaper bag. It has a perfect size to fit a bunch of stuff or just a couple of things.

I like to use the top handle of back packs a lot, and if you are like me, please be aware that the top handle of this bag does not have any functionality. It is basically part of the shoulder straps and it elongates so that the bag can be carried as a shoulder bag. (which to me looks horrible!) This needs improvement...Specially for the price of this bag! In occasions when carrying a baby you may need an accessible handle to grab fast instead of having to look for the back straps. I say this from the point of view that I bought this bag looking for a True back pack.

In some way or another I think this bag is made so that you end up buying the padded shoulder straps...of course sold separately! ( like the rest of parts: paci pod, stroller clips etc) However, this still doesn't solve the top handle issue. If you buy this bag, please be aware that you may have to spend an extra $18 in the padded straps. Otherwise it will be uncomfortable as a back pack when carrying a heavy load.