Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 12, 2014
We recently found out my husband has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I bought this book in hopes it would help me get more nutrition into him without filling him up. I use many of the recipes daily. Most juices only last about 12 hours because they don't have preservatives in the juices you make at home... which is the reason why I don't just buy 100 percent juice from the store. I have yet to find a recipe in this book my husband does not like.. which is a rare thing. Since he hates most fruits and veggies. The more I learn about juicing.. the more I notice most recipes to help build up your immune system.. have at least one apple in it.. so even if the recipe doesn't call for an apple.. I still put one in. Also, if you are using fresh ginger root.. a little goes a LONG way. Kale is very bitter, so I only add a tiny bit. I would rather add a little bit and my husband drink it, then add the recommended amount and have to throw it away. I haven't used this book for weight loss, because right now, I am more concerned in getting vitamins into my husband's system. However, once I get proficient at juicing for him.. I'd like to see how it does for weight loss and I will update my review. The ingredients are easy to find. Just be sure to wash off all the "wax" the grocery stores use to make everything look pretty. I have found an organic store that I am going to begin to buy my fruits and veggies from as soon as I have used up what I have already bought.
33 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 24, 2014
I purchased this because I was looking for juicing recipes and after reading the reviews for it, decided to go for it. These are great basic recipes and easy to do. Plus you don't have to have a huge spice drawer to add to the juice. I use my iPad as a cook book and love using the Kindle app and this was another plus for this book. This is a very straight forward book and doesn't have a bunch of extra stuff in it, which I appreciated.
on March 27, 2014
I like the book, but the title is misleading. There aren't 100+ recipes as a lot of them are repeated in different sections of the book. But there are a ton of good recipes using easy to find ingredients. I've made several juices already and I've loved them all!
on April 2, 2014
wonderful book with tons of info on the health benefits of each fruit and veggie.
great information on why we should juice and the benefits of it.
on June 23, 2014
Great book.....VERY detailed and informative. There is a lot of information on all the vegetables, from their uses to their benefits.
on July 9, 2014
The author is on-selling the Great Kale Tale, and most of her book is based upon it; this is a huge disappointment as it shows her to be driven more by what is a marketed as a superfood rather than what is actually good for you.

So many self-proclaimed health/wellness coaches push the values of kale (and yes, there are quite a few) but quietly neglect to mention that we shouldn't be eating or drinking it raw. Kale is a cruciferous vegetable, and as such contains goitrogens, which when eaten raw pose a serious thyroid health hazard.

I'm not advocating against the ingestion of kale, but it must be cooked first (best way to maintain the nutrients is to steam it), as this will at least in part destroy the goitrogenic properties. There is a huge industry out there that presents the many health claims of trendy superfoods while ignoring any potential negative effects (quinoa and its coating of saponin, anyone?).

The other (non-kale) recipes are pleasant & relatively harmless, just keep an eye on the amount of fruit being juiced- you're getting all the sugars and losing out on the benefits in the pulp you're discarding.
on September 25, 2013
I just love this author's books! She is sooo talented and sooo generous at the same time. I had to wait until today to get her book FOR FREE! Thank you! Needless to say I I read it right away. It is yet another gem of healthy juicing. It is a delight just to read the recipes, and I can't wait to start trying all the wonderful and delightful juices that are listed in this treasure trove. You must absolutely read it. It is the healthiest slimming there in my experience!
on February 16, 2014
It's a quick and simply way to follow juicing recipes. It tells exactly what it's good for, & list the ingredients to juice. Some books give you a history about the effect of certain ingredients, and too much dialogue, when I already know it's good for you & what it does. This book does not get into so much of the details I can always "google" if I need to know more. All I want is to know what to put together that will taste good too, and this book really does just that.
on January 24, 2014
The book is well written, lots of good info without a "lengthy dissertation", i.e., an easy read. I would give it one more star but, I was not pleased with the on-screen layout of the electronic version. The book did not display as "pages", so I had to scroll from one screen to the next to see a complete recipe.
on October 17, 2013
This is a well written book that is very informative. It explains the different varieties of juicing and has a lot of very interesting recipes. If you are just getting started you will learn alot. If you have been juicing I am sure you will find some new and interestingly tasty drinks.