Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Julbo Solan Kids Sunglasses, Black Tint, Grey/Orange
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Color: Grey/Orange|Lens Color: Polarized Kids Lens|Change
Price:$38.27 - $40.00

on May 16, 2013
These glasses seemed great and fit my 5 yr old just fine. However, when we folded them up the hard plastic ends of the earpieces scratched the inside of the lens. I was shocked at the poor design from Julbo. If they had just covered the ends of the earpieces with the soft, rubbery plastic on the rest of the glasses, they may not have scratched. My son wore them once. A pretty disappointing product and don't waste your money unless you don't plan to ever fold them up. Can't say I'll stick with Julbo for any future glasses.
on September 1, 2014
My daughter loves these, and she really committed to taking good care of them. Last time we were biking, I noticed her holding her head up and looking through the bottom of the lenses. When I looked, I saw that the center of the lenses had been terribly scratched to the point of being opaque. My wife figured out that the ends of the earpieces rub the inside of the lenses. Even when stored and well-cared for, the lenses become scratched right in the middle in no time at all. Because of this, it's hard to justify the extra expense over crappy cheap sunglasses.
on October 2, 2011
These sunglasses are great. They fit my 3-year-old great, they do fold like grown-up sunglasses (unlike their predecessors, Julbo's infant sunglasses), and they look great. My husband looked through them and says they are really great quality (which he didn't think of the infant versions) and the polarization is awesome. We live on the ocean and spend lots of time looking down into water and tidepooling will be great now. My son loves them and keeps showing them to people proudly saying, "I have new sunglasses!" I'm ordering a second pair for him to keep at school for playing outdoors.
on June 26, 2014
My 2-year-old has a larger head (95th percentile), and other toddler sunglasses were too tight (including the Julbo Bubble glasses). These fit him comfortably and provide nice coverage without looking over-sized. He enjoys wearing them and they stand up to him bending them (as much as we try to prevent it). They do slide down a tiny bit on his nose, but it doesn't bother him and he pushes them up easily when needed.

UPDATE: I'm removing a star from my original review because the inside of one lens now has multiple scratches from the hard end of the earpiece. Not being able to fold the glasses up without scratching the lenses is a big design flaw.
on June 29, 2014
My 2 year old daughter loved these when they came. I always look for sunglasses for her that have true UV protection. They are really cute and fit well. Unfortunately, it took 2 days before the ends of the ear pieces scratched the lenses up. I saw a previous review with this complaint, but since it was only 1 review thought maybe it was a glitch in those glasses. Clearly a design flaw here. They need to make the ends of the ear pieces softer / rounded. Overall, I'm not returning them as my daughter is already attached to them, but I think they won't last past this summer. I won't buy from Julbo again.
on May 2, 2013
Very stylish and virtually indestructible. Love them! They get thrown into beach bags and the bottom of backpacks but come out unscathed. Both the lenses and the frame appear to be scratch resistant as well.
on April 29, 2013
I bought these upon recommendation of others here on Amazon. I thought they'd be just like all the other sunglasses I've purchased for my almost 4 year old...but I was so wrong! These are made of good plastic (i.e. they don't seem like they'll snap in two really easy), and they stay on my little ones nose! No more slipping off of his nose and him constantly pushing them back up. They sides, which bend in and hug his head really help keep these on. Our son loves them! This brand will be my go-to sunglasses for him from now on. Go ahead and try them for your little one, you won't be disappointed!!
on December 1, 2013
Although this is expensive (only reason I didn't give it 5 stars), it does the trick in protecting the kid's eyes from the strong Southern Sun.

It fits very well on the face, and doesn't move at all even with running around and playing sports. No need to worry that these will fall off or drop into the water.

Like the various color options, and comes with a little pouch that protects from scratches, but not from sitting on them.
on May 28, 2016
Our toddler is big for his age. I've had a hard time finding sunglasses that fit well, not like goggles stuck to his head. This sunglasses offer nice coverage. They are soft and flexible to fit his large head. They also have good lenses that protect against UVA, B, and C rays. (I was surprised how many sunglasses from other manufacturers don't offer this protection for kids glasses.)

I bought a strap to help hold them on and so we don't lose them. Hoping these fit for a few years. Will let you know.
on June 3, 2016
Great product! I bought these 3 years ago until they got lost. I just found them again on my order history so I can get him another pair. The julbo brand is great. At one point, the temple broke and since they have a generous warranty, the company fixed them for FREE! Amazing customer service. For that reason, I will buy another pair. THANK YOU JULBO.