Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jules Smith Surf 14k Rose- And Yellow-Gold Plated Bangle Bracelet Five-Piece Set
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on February 8, 2013
I was looking for simple bangles in rose gold - and I thought I'd found what I was looking for. The quality is o.k.; not too awful for plated jewelry. Other reviews said this was sized for smaller wrists - a good thing for me, but these will slip down around my hand if I'm not too careful. They are heavy as stated before and it makes me wonder if the plating will stand up to their constant bangling against each other. I think their value is more in the $35 - $45 range. I probably will gift these to my neice, and most likely would not recommend these unless the price was lower.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are beautifully finished bracelets, 5 in a set, with smooth edges and graceful curves. I've posted some photos in the customer gallery to try and illustrate the great curves.

The bracelets come with a small ribbon tie and a gift bag. There are two rose colored and three gold tone.

All the edges are nicely softened, no cutting into your skin, and the bracelets are wavy while also going thick and thin. So they make for a beautiful set when worn together.

They are a substantial weight (not too much but definitely carry some heft). They make quite a bit of noise when worn so the workplace may not be a good idea. An evening out would be great.

The only thing to keep in mind is that they are small in diameter. They are listed as 2¾ inches but the actual opening is 2½ to get your hand through. If you are a bigger framed gal or have bulky, stronger hands, they may not fit. There is obviously a fine line between having the opening big enough to get hands through but small enough that they don't slide off too easily.

A beautiful set, great gift idea.
review image review image
on August 6, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Jules Smith Surf 14Kt Gold and Rose Plated Bangle Bracelet Set are very beautiful. Two of the bracelets are a slight rose gold color. I would have preferred them to be even more of a rose, because there is not an extreme difference in coloring - just enough to see a slight difference from the regular gold. This does make it look nice if you wear them all together, but I would like to wear the rose bracelets on their own and it be obvious that they are rose -- when worn on their own, they just look gold.

The bracelets are not extremely big around -- just 2-1/2 inches in diameter. If you have large hands/wrists, I would not recommend these bracelets to you. I did have to squeeze my hand a little to get them on, but it wasn't too uncomfortable.

They look very nice on and do indeed look like real gold rather than just plated gold. I would not wear these to work because of the loud jingling sound they make, as do all heavy bangle bracelets. (Wish my office-mate at work would have the same courtesy!!!!!).

The curved/scalloped design really make these unique. Plus, when worn together, that pattern makes them lay so nicely together.

So, if you are looking for a very pretty set of gold bangle bracelets to wear out, these are a perfect choice.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got these for my wife. Her perspective would be best to report as women would be purchasing this product or a man for his significant other. The bracelets are bright, but really more designed for older women. My wife is in her 30's and loves jewelry. The bracelets are a unique design that is a combination of circular and scalloped edges. Keep that in mind as you purchase.
on September 11, 2015
I wear them every day and night. So far so good. The 14K rose gold is still intact. Yes, I do know that the bracelets are plated however, some jewelers must apply a different technique or use different 14K rose gold overlay. For the price I am more than pleased.
Thank you!! Do you carry brass -- bronze bracelets?
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These great looking bracelets are finely finished and look much more expensive than they really are. Five to the set, the bracelets intentionally vary in width and gold tone. They come together beautifully. Any wearer of this set will appear to have that enviable ability of being able to bring cohesiveness to seperate, eclectic items.

The set was passed around at a family function to get other opinions. All three generations of women present were unanimous in their admiration of the set. Grandma did not love them as much after she was unable to get the bracelets to slide past her fingers. I have never thought of her as having large hands, but they were too large to fit all the way through.

The youngest lady present, 22 years old, expressed a favorable opinion but said the bracelets were not her style. She thought they would be perfect for "older" women, specifically mentioning my age group. Ouch.

I think the set would be perfect for dress up ocassions but cannot see them being worn daily. All in all, these bracelets are expensive looking and have a really attractive style that is not "matchy matchy." If I were buying the set as a gift, it would be for a smaller boned woman over thirty with a wardrobe of higher end items.
on May 29, 2013
My wife really loved the bracelet set. At first I thought it might be too small for her after reading all of the comments regarding the size of the bracelet, but after since my wife is petite in size I was hoping this wouldn't be a concern; luckily it went on her wrist without a problem.
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It is not immediately evident in the photographs of these bracelets, but they have a scalloped circumference that is surely where the "surf" moniker comes from.

The bracelets have a nice weight feel that I appreciate and do have the joyous ringing I appreciate with a good set of bangles. The rose tone on the two bracelets actually helps create a nice optical illusion for the set by capturing the light in a different way while not being such a drastic shade of the color that it is immediately evident the rose bracelets are different from the others unless you are under really bright lights. In other words, these are an eye catcher.

I do wish that the packaging (the inner packaging not the shipping container) were a bit posher. I found the tie around the bracelets to be a practical touch but not particularly aesthetic. I do think it was nice that they included a small bag to keep the in within a larger jewelry box or when traveling.
on May 17, 2013
What a bummer, came chipped and wasn't the quality I expected! Beautiful product idea but quality & value were lacking.
VINE VOICEon September 2, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are very heavy -- too heavy to wear for many people whose hands are small enough to fit through them! My teen daughter said she might wear them one at a time, but never the whole pile, as they're just too heavy and noisy. This is from a girl who generally has half a dozen bracelets on her wrist!

On the other hand, I have to say these are very handsome and well made. If you are small but very strong, these might appeal to you.

See 1 answered question