Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Julius Caesar (Arkangel Shakespeare)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 11, 2008
This recording just about saved my life. Seriously. Although I have taught Romeo & Juliet to high school freshmen about a million times, this year I was tapped to teach a class of sophomores reading...gulp...JULIUS CAESAR! This was never my favorite of Shakespeare's plays, and most of my memories of it derived from my own dreadfully dull tenth grade experience.

When I began reading the play with my own students, it didn't take any of us long to realize that their halting, stilted, first-time line-readings would make the play more difficult for them to interpret and enjoy. So, over a long weekend, I ordered Arkangel's recording. I had no idea that this recording would actually change my opinion of the play itself!

My students and I became completely captivated by the characters of Caesar as performed by the brilliant actors involved in this recording. John Bowe as Brutus and Adrian Lester as Antony impressed us particularly--their famous speeches to the people of Rome following the death of Caesar actually had my class of sophomores on the edge of their seats!

I highly recommend this fantastic recording to anyone teaching Caesar.
on January 24, 2018
These are such a delight to listen to. We read the play and then listen to hear and enjoy it the way it was (almost) meant to be experienced.
on August 6, 2012
No comment on play; it is a classic.

The actual product is very good and well acted. I had no issues. Archangel dramatizations are usually very good.

As with all his works, I read the Kindle edition (there is free product of the play) and read the Wikipedia sites on the play and the actual biographies of the key players.
on May 28, 2010
My kids loved the fact that they could listen instead of read hours of Shakespeare...It broke up the monontonous and made it enjoyable. It follows along perfectly with the written version which was great because the MP3 download did not.
on October 28, 2013
While, as a teacher, I love Shakespeare, I don't like teaching it to high schoolers. Depending on the class, it is sometime onerous and usually they find it boring, no matter how much energy I put into the lessons. I am hoping they enjoy this redetion better than the audio CD that came with their textbooks.
on January 25, 2008
These audio CDs were a valuable addition to my unit. Students were able to hear the text's tone, inflection, and nuances and then more accurately pattern their own oral readings after that of the professional actors on the CD. The CDs also aided students' comprehension. I used them with Acts 4 and 5, and next year I will play the key speeches in Act 3 for students before we engage in role play. Students read along in their texts while listening to the audio.
on August 31, 2016
Perfect for the classroom!
on November 25, 2013
I gave this low rating because some of the text is missing--the last part of the last scene in Act II, the last scene of Act III, and the first scene of Act IV. The dramatization is well done, and the acting seems natural. I wish the recording contained the whole text.
on January 4, 2007
High School English students never loved Julius Caesar, and the dated movie versions that our school owns don't help any. This recording brings the emotion of the story to life, and I think my sophomores secretly enjoyed it (but would die before they admitted it.)
on December 8, 2012
My students are enjoying this dynamic version of "Caesar" with dramatic reading, sound effects, and music.
This follows the script to the letter.