- File Size: 1597 KB
- Print Length: 81 pages
- Publisher: Forbes Media (November 4, 2015)
- Publication Date: November 4, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B017AC8T0S
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #305,544 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Jump Ship: 10 Steps To Starting A New Career Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
If you foresee a change in your career, buy this - it gives you all the tools you need.
Even if you’re happily employed and stimulated, buy this. Don’t get complacent, don’t ignore the problems that were pilling up. No matter what business or industry you work for, no matter what kind of work you do, no matter how secure your job may seem at the moment. S*** always hits, man — knocking down your salary in the process. The only thing you can safely know about it is that it will be sooner and stranger than you think. But armed by Caroline Ceniza-Levine’s book, you’ll be prepared.
- get charged $4.99 on a "free product"
- can't CANCEL the order
- download to my Kindle DOESN'T WORK
- can't find any actual HELP that isn't just some prefab FAQ --- the "how to cancel order" refers to a "CANCEL" button that DOES NOT APPEAR for this order!!!!
- was charged five bucks
- FOR A PRODUCT I DIDN'T GET ANYWAY!!!!!
!!!!! I'M VERY ANGRY !!!!! THIS IS A STUPID RIP-OFF!!!!
* missed the "KindleUnlimited" bit--I should know better. If it's "free" there's still a price, and the price is to sign up for some "product"
Too many career books give sweeping advice on what to do but don’t get specific enough for you to know exactly what (small) action you could take right now. There is not a single platitude in this book — no simplistic advice on what you need to do that leaves you wondering, “Okay, but how do I do that?" Every one of Caroline's suggestions and strategies is accompanied by a relevant anecdote about a client or herself (which reflect her experience as a recruiter and an extreme career-changer), or a specific example that helps you think of ways you could take action. And she addresses a diverse range of situations, so no matter your circumstances, you will be able to extract an idea that applies to you.
She lays out 10 strategic steps that are focused and broken down into sub-steps that practically lay out a checklist for you to follow in exploring your next career move. I love that she starts out with the advice to change five less disruptive things in your job or life before you make the more drastic decision to change careers, which often isn’t the sweeping solution people hope it will be. And then she lays out clear advice on how to handle the annoying colleague or integrate more of your extracurricular interests into your daily routine (like she does as a stand-up comic).
This book is like a detailed, well-written recipe for career change that will create a fuller, richer life.
In addition, the author addresses the why-to’s and what-to’s – the psychology of changing careers, if you will – that need to be considered. For example, Ms. Ceniza-Levine raises and answers important questions, such as: I have a high-paying/high-prestige/seemingly fun or glamorous job that everyone else wants. I feel guilty about walking away from this. How do I find the courage? Or, How do I convince employers to pick me over someone who already has experience in this career?' Or, I am 30, 40, 50, 60-plus years old. Is it too late?
This is a comprehensive, well-written, must-read for anyone serious about making a career change.
(Full disclosure, I'm the Trevor Shane quoted in the book--though that doesn't detract in anyway from how great Caroline's guidance here is.)
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Career Guides
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting