- Hardcover: 153 pages
- Publisher: New World Library; 2nd ed. edition (September 15, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1577312309
- ISBN-13: 978-1577312307
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Customer Reviews: 16 customer ratings
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,382,865 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Jump and the Net Will Appear Hardcover – September 15, 2002
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
Like many musicians, Robin Crow had a hard time breaking into the business. "Although I had an outwardly exciting career as a concert performer and recording artist [playing the guitar], I could never really keep things together," he reflects. In Jump and the Net Will Appear: Discovering the Art of Achievement and the Rhythm of Success, Crow teaches readers how to find the strength to create an extraordinary quality of life. He uses the example of how, at age 40, he turned his Tennessee home into a recording studio complex that has since attracted popular and country stars including Amy Grant, Faith Hill, Jewel, Alison Krause and Dolly Parton. At the core of Crow's advice is the idea that one should be willing to take a risk and learn to embrace the unknown. The book includes lyrics from his own songs, which should delight country and Christian music fans.
Copyright 2002 Reed Business Information, Inc.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did highlight a lot of things that I think will continue to be helpful to me - most notably, that real success takes a lot of hard WORK!
and read by Robin Crowe.
The author, a speaker, entrepreneur and guitarist, contends that
making a few simple changes will bring about quantum leaps
in our performance . . . he then proceeds to share many
entertaining stories, detailing how he went from a struggling
musician to national recording guitarist.
As a result, I gained an awareness of what Crowe considers
are the keys to being successful:
* The first . . . is to develop great habits.
Among the many other useful tidbits I gained from listening
* Leave yourself no option to finish what you have started.
* We get satisfaction when we overcome our fears that are holding
* If you have a powerful goal and a big enough reason why, you will
find a way to accomplish anything you can dream of.
* Define your values and then live by those values.
* When we reach out and share our blessings, we receive the
richest blessing of all--a sense of meaning and purpose during our
stay in this world.
My recommendation is to grab the book, read it cover to cover and start a new day with a whole new prespective!