Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 78 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on January 14, 2014
I like the this story, but I am an old school coach myself. It reminds me of the young boys that I coached and then watched go off to war. Few of todays athletes would endure such abuse, and it was abusive, but listening to the interviews of the survivors that is included in the DVD, it is obvious that they have a special love for this coach, Bear Bryant. The selflessness that these boys learned became a virture that carried them through life. Even though that lesson was learned from brutal challenges, most of them did not seem bitter. Imagine what it was like to graduate from high school and then get drafted to go fight in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, or any war for that matter. Life can be tough, and to grow up as strong men, boys need a disciplined (but not abusive) upbringing.
on January 22, 2016
I grew up a huge Bear Bryant fan and Berenger does a fine job of displaying the Coach's determination, grit, and later regret at having put the players through such a wringer. My only complaint is that some of the cursing used in the film was deemed inaccurate by the original Junction Boys. The opening scene was a joy for me, as it reflected Bama's win over Penn State in the 1978 Sugar Bowl- with the famous goal-line stand.
on December 19, 2012
Coach Bear Bryant began his storied career at Texas A & M before moving to the University of Alabama. In this video, Bryant pushes his athletes beyond the brink, far beyond the realm of sanity. If coaches,now, began training camp like this, they would be fired before training camp ended; however, the Junction Boys gives us an idea of how far Bryant would push the envelope, and more importantly, how the boys would respond. The ending shows the respect the players had for their coach decades later; it is apparent that both sides grew in understanding of the human spirit as time passes.
An excellent film...
on April 9, 2016
My parents had me play sports growing up and idk who you are you know who bear Bryant was . I have bought this movie now 3 times caz it will get borrowed or scratched but it will always remain in my collection because it is a story where you hate and love the same person all for how he is.
on February 14, 2006
I first watched this movie while working as a Behavioral Health worker with borderline criminial Adolecents age 12-17. A fellow co-worker brought the film in as a suprise "treat movie" for the kids.

In all my years (there have been many) I have never seen a reaction to a film from this population in all my life. The story of the team and Mr. Bryant and how it wa portrayed in this film made the kids begin to think of their own lives , and how they could do better for people.

It was a strange reaction to this film, but it truly moved them and myself.

As far as the film itself goes Berringer is great as is the support cast and the studio did an excellent job. I have heard the book is even better.
on August 20, 2014
My husband is one of the Junction Boys.
We celebrated the 60 th anniversary last weekend. 9 have died. 18 were present last weekend. 8 were unable to attend. It was held in a Junction. Jim Dent is a really great author. Check out all his books. I have all of them - autographed too.
on October 31, 2016
Awesome story of Paul Bear Bryant... A must see for any Alabama Football fan. This movie is way before Bear Bryant's days at Alabama... It's very educational movie.
on May 13, 2017
Just opened this package to watch for the first time and just skips and freezes. Can't even watch the movie......I AM PISSED!!!!!!
on April 7, 2017