Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Junk Beautiful, Outdoor Edition
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 20, 2017
Loved finding this book to replace the one I had that got ruined in storage
on August 26, 2017
I am doing some major reno to my house and it has been so helpful.
on July 17, 2016
I really like this one. "Junk" that has a beauty of it's own, interspersed with other décor, giving the rooms a real, lived-in feel, not like some of the staged rooms seen in decorating books. I would feel good in any room of this book.
on April 29, 2009
I have enjoyed Sue Whitney's previous books and own her Junk Beautiful interiors book. I love those books -- such inspiration and wonderful practical ideas to create a truly personalized one of kind home.

I'm prepared to be roasted, given the affection Sue Whitney enjoys by so many, but I have to give my honest opinion about this most recent publication. I was a little disappointed. I'm not sure if it's the photography or what it is, but some of the stuff just looks JUNKY and not very beautiful or cool. Some of the ideas seemed a little silly -- like the old bottles sticking of of pegs on a post on p. 34. There are so many more wonderful ways to use pretty bottles outdoors, but this just looks cheesy. The chuck wagon cookout idea on pages 101 forward was a waste of space. Ugly, tacky.

That said, Sue shows her true genius in many profiles. She has a real gift for lighting. The egg carrier chandelier on p. 55 is fantastic. The hanging bed on p. 132 is very cool. Some of her best ideas are the simplest: the stool turned upside down and topped with a glass top to make a table on p. 162 is an easy, quick idea that anybody could do in a second.
22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2016
If you appreciate creative junk minds, you'll certainly love the way this pair seemlessly puts together fun thrifty finds.I highly recommend this book.
on August 31, 2013
This book has good pictures and good ideas. The ideas are fun & creative and in general I like these Junk Beautiful/Junkmarket style series of books. There are many ideas that have been seen before, but there are a lot of new ideas as well. There is also a lot of good advice on where & how to find supplies. This book is written well and isn't dull or boring.
on January 30, 2015
Just an OK compilation of outdoor decorating ideas using found or reclaimed junk. I was disappointed in the creativity. Nothing really surprised me. If you are a total newcomer to re-purposing, maybe you will like it. Could make a good gift book.
on October 12, 2016
I have ordered several of the junk books. Nothing new here. Great used book site. Highly recommended.
on April 11, 2015
I love any information that helps me to spot "junk" that can be repurposed and this book does that!
on October 8, 2014
This was the third book I purchased as gifts for my niece who has taken on the in-home hobby of restoring old furniture cast offs. I believe the book has given her many ideas to keep her in projects for a long time.