Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 99 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 220 reviews
on October 1, 2014
Too much to day here, it is all good. Reading this book gave me a burning freeze. There is more than meets the eye here, straightforward prose, unapologetic realism. Characters so vivid you would swear you have met them or seen them in some sordid venue.
Straight up, William Seward Burroughs was brilliant, eccentric, depraved but most of all actually hilarious in his dry candor of human observation including himself. It's not just a book about junk, it's about an alternate lifestyle and the colorful characters that inhabit it.
on May 12, 2015
Harrowing, hip, 50 years ahead of it's time. Contains the most accurate definition of what substance "addiction" is (and isn't), as well as the most intelligent first-hand account of the life of an intellectual substance addict ever put on the page. Not to mention the first masterstroke of Borough's emerging literary talent, which was instantly unique and formidable.
on July 11, 2017
This is a very interesting book. I did not know much about old time addicts before reading this book. I learned a lot about why people use opiates.
on June 26, 2017
It's Burrough's - What else can you say. Love it!!
on September 4, 2017
My introduction to Burroughs, and perhaps one of my favorite books of all time.
on May 21, 2011
For me, this is a book I heard about as a teenager. At the time I was falling in love with beat literature. And in many a foreword, William S. Burrough's Junky was mentioned. Quite a few friends told me it was great. And yet, I never read it. No specific reason. I just didn't. And then one day, not long ago, I was perusing the wares on Amazon, when Junky came up as a recommendation. I bought it, I read it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's an excellent book, and I'd recommend it to almost anyone. The book is well written - which is certainly a plus - but it's more than that. It's realistic and captivating and it describes a part of society that everyone should know something about.
on July 13, 2013
I choose 5 stars for this book because my first impression of this book was what would some body from a relatively privileged background in the mid 20th C, who became a drug addict have to say about the problem of addiction that was relative in 2013. I was wrong...... William burroughs language is not only beautiful and intense but what he has to say is so informative, refreshing and thought provoking. It seems like pure creation from the heart. Read this book!
on June 26, 2016
Junky is drug-fueled adventure with one of the Beat Generation's most influential member, William S. Burroughs. The novel is fantastic and leaves no door unopened. Highly recommended for a literature class!
on June 1, 2017
Love beat texts. Love first person narratives. Love reading about drugs. My kinda book.
on February 11, 2016
Burroughs dances back and forth between coherence and lunacy a bit too often to follow this story.