Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 17, 2013
I always try to have a look inside books before buying on Amazon . Before buying this Atlas , i compared it with DiFore , BRS Cell biology and histology , Wheater's and others . i was a little skeptical but after receiving the book i was glad to have chosen this one . The text is excellent with all the required basic histology as well as pertinent clinical implications. I also liked the diagrams , electron Scans and images . Some reviewers have said that the images are not as good as some other atlas but i dont agree with them . I have studied this Atlas in detail for understanding histology for USMLE exams and I didnt see any deficiency in the images , diagrams and Scans and it clarified my concepts of many things which i didnt know before despite passing Step1 and Step 2 Ck exams. For the first time it clarified my understanding of the structural and functional histology of Bone , hematopoiesis , lymphoid organs ( specially Lymph nodes and Spleen organization ) , Skin , Connective Tissues , and Cellular organelles like details of Ribosomes , mitochondria, golgi cisternae and the Roguh and smooth endoplasmic reticulum , though i had studied those chapters in other histology books and atlases . One thing i liked the most is the initial chapter of different types of Stains and Microscopies ( e.g Dark Filed , Light , Fluorescent , Scanning Electron , Transmission Electron etc ) and immunohistochemical techniques. That was the main thing which helped me in understanding the ways we study and interpret histological organization and details . The only complaint I have is with the ink used in the printing of the text . The text gets a little blurred if rubbed during reading with Sweaty hands , or some types of highlights but that is related to this book's quality of paper and ink and does not deduct any marks in terms of the knowledge and the beautiful images this book contains . The book is certainly thorough and long but i want to point out that almost every topic is repeated for most of its part in the details given under the images . Many times I crossed some of the repeated details ( though given from a little different angle from the main text ) under some of the images and figures . In one way it does prove to reinforce the concept given in the main text but after giving a thorough read to the whole book , you may decide to skip or cross some of the text given almost twice throughout the book . So in essence it has the effect of reducing the material you will read in the second read significantly , I will say at least one fifth to one fourth of the book . you can have a look inside the book on amazon and see it yourself by reading a topic .
on August 1, 2016
I bought this book for veterinary school as it was a required textbook. I was so pleased to find this on amazon as it is much more expensive to buy in the bookstore. I really enjoyed this book.
As far as medical books go, I thought this one was easy to understand. It does a great job at explaining things and was a perfect supplementation to my class. This really help understand lectures and notes. It helped even more when I needed to study for the test as this is what I reference the most. I was very pleased by the book.
on December 18, 2017
Wow, this is an excellent book. The level of detail is spot-on, the diagrams are some of the best I've seen, and the photographs are vivid, clear, and large enough to appreciate minor details. This was a great book for my coursework and a nice review resource for STEP 1 preparation.
on August 14, 2017
Concise descriptions and very nice illustrations. This book is only 527 pages, not more than 1000 pages as advertised.
on March 1, 2017
Really good intro histo book.
on February 19, 2018
Just what my niece needed for school
on October 27, 2017
Pages feel quality and lots of great pictures in good color. I find it lays out the material nicely.
on June 14, 2016
This book has set the standard for histology, just even by the pictures alone. My professor uses them in his class lectures daily. The organization of the book is very logical in that it describes basic cellular and tissue structure prior to organizing systemically. I would recommend it for anyone studying histology.
on April 6, 2017
Beautiful book in perfect condition! Can't believe it was so cheap!!!
on February 19, 2016
It's not 1100 pages. Just 550 pages. Please don't cheat readers.